TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JustJoe2k5

Recommend some RoH

I haven't bought any videos in a while, but I have kept up with Ring of Honor through these message boards and from what everyone has said they are putting on some great shows. I was wondering if anyone could recommend one or two shows from the past few months that have been the best. I am looking for shows with a great variety from high-flying scramble matches to hard-hitting contests. Just solid top-to-bottom shows instead of throwaway shows with one or two standout matches. The last show I got was At Our Best, so anything from then on would be good. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Guest JebusNassedar

Survival of the Fittest. From top to bottom, the best wrestling show I've ever seen. Every match had a point, every move meant something, and every action counted. A lot of RoH shows have two or three throwaway matches that have no purpose, but on Survival of the Fittest, not a single match is wasted.

If you're going for just marking out, though, go with Weekend of Thunder Night 1. It's the only show where I felt crowd heat come through the TV.

SOTF is a great show, as already mentioned.

One of my favorites all year was Generation Next. It has great booking, a mix of styles, a good crowd, and lots of good/great matches. World Title Classic is also a good solid card.

More recently, Joe vs. Punk 2 and All Star Extravaganza 2 are both must see. Midnight Express Reunion, ROH Gold, and the Weekend of Thunder shows are quite good as well.

Guest Markingout

I thought Generation Next was one of the passable shows. It just had an good 8 man. Check out DBD Part 2(7/24/04) or MX Reunion (10/2/04). OVERALL, the two best shows you can get.