TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Wild Pegasus vs. Lionheart

I don't know where they are going with this, but certainly no need to complain. I thought for sure they were going to get the titles on the Canadian Connection tonight so they can then go with the match vs. E&C at Mania, but doesn't look like it yet. And I thought it would be a cool touch with the match being in San Jose, same place they won the tag titles in May of 2001 on Raw.

And what the hell? Benoit/Jericho must be embarassed after that performance near the end of their match with the Frenchies...looked like no one had any clue what was going on. Hopefully they make us forget about that crap next week with a solid match.

They should announce all the workers who had wrestled in Japan at one point or other by their Japanese ring name.

Benoit= Wild Pegasus

Jericho= Lionheart

Eddie Guerrero= Black Tiger

Shawn Michaels= Brown Crap

and so forth

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I believe Benoit is going to go over here since Jericho questioned Benoit's intensity and focus. Also because it would even the 2005 series @ one apiece. Likely setting up a 3rd match @ another raw(with jericho winning) and then a 4th match(benoit) and then the fifth and series deciding final match of the series @ Wrestlemania.

I doubt they will do a hour long one but a 30 minute Iron man certaintly isn't out of the question.

I'd have Match Three be a Last Man Standing, match four be 2/3 Falls and then the 30 minute Iron Man.

They should do some crazy ass match with Jericho/Benoit on Raw...like hardcore Texas Death Match or something original with those two.

Remember when Malenko/Benoit wrestled each other on Nitro in jeans and tapes fists in a Last Man Standing match? Thats' what I'm talking about.

Guest wildpegasus

I've been watching a lot of Benoit vs Jericho lately as evidenced by my latest post in the what are you watching thread in general wrestling. This is what I thought about the original Benoit vs Jericho submission Match

This was very good but not great. Like Backlash it was full of intensity which I loved and it did have some real nice countering such as Benoit countering Jericho's Walls Of Jericho when he was caught up in the ropes and Jericho countering Benoit's offence by kicking at his weak knee. I think it needed some extra time and perhaps more concentration on Jericho getting annihalted since he was the face. Benoit's the heel but he's the one who until the very end is the one in the most trouble and therefore the most sympathetic. He comes off as being the face in this for a good portion of the match. Still a very good match with a lot of great stuff in it.

Back in the present I think it's criminal how much Jericho's moveset has been neutered. Anyway, next week ought to be pretty fun and it'll be interesting to see how it compares to their other submission match. A submission match is limiting especially in the WWE where there aren't many submission moves that are over (and the WWE's had enough time to fix that problem but they still haven't done it) but the match will still be a thumbs up one. Benoit and Jericho were showing some swank hard fighting counters the other week.

Benoit's undefeated in submission matches btw. Rock, Jericho and Angle have all gone down to Benoit in submission matches.

Guest wildpegasus
I actually believe the whole Jericho/Benoit storyline is to set up Jericho/Benoit vs Eddie/Rey at Mania.

Explain please. Thank you.

Anytime Jericho and Benoit get toegther to wrestle is great in my books. They should do it every month.

I actually believe the whole Jericho/Benoit storyline is to set up Jericho/Benoit vs Eddie/Rey at Mania.

Explain please. Thank you.

I don't know exactly how to explain. I just have an innate feeling that that's the plan going to Mania. Eddie and Rey have been portrayed as an on and off team, ditto with Benoit and Jericho. And with Eddie/Rey at odds a few times and Benoit/Jericho likewise, this is probably to create a drive for each guy to do the best. And I don't see Benoit/Jericho alone for Mania. Hence I see some kind of Mania program with the four involved. Either in tag team capacity or even a fatal four way match. I may be wrong, obviously.

Guest sek69

I wonder if WWE will mention and/or show footage of Jericho vs Benoit from the 94 J-Cup. They've been putting Japanese matches on their DVDs as of late so it's not completely out of the question.

Guest wildpegasus
I wonder if WWE will mention and/or show footage of Jericho vs Benoit from the 94 J-Cup. They've been putting Japanese matches on their DVDs as of late so it's not completely out of the question.

That'd be the 95 WAR J-Cup.

Well, Jericho won their last encounter so I'm expecting Benoit to get his job back. Oh and I'd love to see Benoit turn heel. I always liked him better that way.

I've been watching a lot of Benoit vs Jericho lately as evidenced by my latest post in the what are you watching thread in general wrestling. This is what I thought about the original Benoit vs Jericho submission Match

This was very good but not great. Like Backlash it was full of intensity which I loved and it did have some real nice countering such as Benoit countering Jericho's Walls Of Jericho when he was caught up in the ropes and Jericho countering Benoit's offence by kicking at his weak knee. I think it needed some extra time and perhaps more concentration on Jericho getting annihalted since he was the face. Benoit's the heel but he's the one who until the very end is the one in the most trouble and therefore the most sympathetic. He comes off as being the face in this for a good portion of the match. Still a very good match with a lot of great stuff in it.

Back in the present I think it's criminal how much Jericho's moveset has been neutered. Anyway, next week ought to be pretty fun and it'll be interesting to see how it compares to their other submission match. A submission match is limiting especially in the WWE where there aren't many submission moves that are over (and the WWE's had enough time to fix that problem but they still haven't done it) but the match will still be a thumbs up one. Benoit and Jericho were showing some swank hard fighting counters the other week.

Benoit's undefeated in submission matches btw. Rock, Jericho and Angle have all gone down to Benoit in submission matches.

I don't think that WWE's lack of credible submission finishers will hurt this match. If Benoit does his usual work to set up the crossface, and Jericho sets up for the Liontamer, these two can do enough to make a match out of that. It will be different than your run of the mill match due to the submissions stipulation. Plus, I'm sure Benoit will go for the sharpshooter at least once, and they will possibly go for each other's finishers. It's not like they have to go MMA.

And besides, the crowd will no doubt be hot for these two, and the Japanese crowd is well-versed on submission finishes. I don't think they'll have a problem.

I know you said it will be a good match and I'm not knocking you, just giving a point about the limited credible submission finishes in WWE.

Great Benoit/Jericho moment from Japan:

During War '95 Super J cup's opening exchanges, a frustrated Jericho yells "C'Mon Mutherfucker!" as loud as one possibly can. The Japanese crowd does a "oooooooh" in suspense.

Only three words need to be said in response to the idea of Jericho and Benoit having a submission match from Japan:

Holy. Living. Fuck.

Any other comments are redundant.

Guest Trivia247

If they were really gonna bust out with the Rusty Super J Cup Calibur stuff, then Benoit needs to throw some Dragon Suplexes dag nabbit. Even if not to Pin, maybe release version

Guest wildpegasus

I don't think that WWE's lack of credible submission finishers will hurt this match. If Benoit does his usual work to set up the crossface, and Jericho sets up for the Liontamer, these two can do enough to make a match out of that. It will be different than your run of the mill match due to the submissions stipulation. Plus, I'm sure Benoit will go for the sharpshooter at least once, and they will possibly go for each other's finishers. It's not like they have to go MMA.

And besides, the crowd will no doubt be hot for these two, and the Japanese crowd is well-versed on submission finishes. I don't think they'll have a problem.

I know you said it will be a good match and I'm not knocking you, just giving a point about the limited credible submission finishes in WWE.

Thoughts -- The crowd is going to be very interesting next weed. Now as some of us know and as some of us might not know the Japanese crowd is a different beast than your North American or European crowds. They tend to be a lot more polite and clap at appropiate times or do the "1, 2, Ohhhh, clap" bit whenever there's a near fall, something which seems to be catching on over here somewhat.

With that being said though the crowd is going to be different next week. They are going to be young WWE fans there and they are probably going to be even a few with signs so it will be different. Still, I expect the crowd to be more know knowledgable than your typical fan which will allow Benoit and Jericho to perhaps get some pops for submissions like crossarmbreakers or Fujiwara arebars. It should be interesting.

Guest Evolution

Not too excited about it, since they have a World Heavyweight and Tag Title match the same night, and they only have two hours to do this, so they have to cram Simon Dean and Muhammed Hassan in there somehow.

I do have faith that it will be good for what time they give it.

He lost a submission match to Meng in WCW.

Thoughts -- The crowd is going to be very interesting next weed. Now as some of us know and as some of us might not know the Japanese crowd is a different beast than your North American or European crowds. They tend to be a lot more polite and clap at appropiate times or do the "1, 2, Ohhhh, clap" bit whenever there's a near fall, something which seems to be catching on over here somewhat.

With that being said though the crowd is going to be different next week. They are going to be young WWE fans there and they are probably going to be even a few with signs so it will be different. Still, I expect the crowd to be more know knowledgable than your typical fan which will allow Benoit and Jericho to perhaps get some pops for submissions like crossarmbreakers or Fujiwara arebars. It should be interesting.

The previous Japan tours the fans ate up the americanized shit with a spoon. It's not wrestling to them. It's the circus and they will treat it like such and they wont be much different then what we usually see here but hotter.

Don't be expecting a crowd like the puro crowd where they sit and clap. The fans will be hot and rabid and getting into the sportz entertainment.

Well, Jericho won their last encounter so I'm expecting Benoit to get his job back. Oh and I'd love to see Benoit turn heel. I always liked him better that way.

Why, to bring back the toothless agression era along with it signs?

If anything Benoit should go back to the pre-WM self where his snot was dominating and ending each RAW.