TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest One Bad Apple

Free comic day

Guest One Bad Apple

A lot of people come in?  Did they just take the free comics and go, or did they pick up a few other things?  See anyone back again this week?

Curious.

Guest areacode212

I haven't been to my comic shop since then so I didn't get a chance to ask them about it. If I get a chance in between studying for finals, maybe I'll drop by there tomorrow.

I suppose it depends on whether or not people found their free comics appealing enough for them to make a return visit. Do you guys think that the publishers' choices for FCBD were comics that would make a new/returning reader want to come back for more? It's hard to argue against Ultimate Spider-Man, Stray Bullets or the two Oni books (though for Queen & Country, I would've chosen the first issue of the Taliban arc, just because it's more topical), but c'mon...Justice League Adventures? That was a pretty dull comic. If they wanted a *good* kid-friendly "Adventures" book, they should have reprinted the Batgirl Adventures one-shot from a few years ago.

IMO, Marvel & DC should have put out 2 free comics each. If Oni could do it, the Big Two could certainly afford it. I would have gone with one kid-friendly book (USM/Batgirl Adventures), and one book to appeal to the slightly older reader (say, Daredevil and Catwoman, or even an old issue of Sandman or something).

Guest converge241

at the comic store i used to run like 2% of the people actually bought something :(

Guest areacode212

I finally went to the store to pick up 2 weeks worth of comics, and the guy at the counter said that it was really hectic that day. When the store opened, they ended up having a line going all the way up to the 2nd floor of the store, and he said that most of the people also bought something. Damn, no wonder they didn't have the Matrix/SB comic I wanted :(