TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

What do you look for in a Great Match?

For me it has to be a nice flow, very few overly choreographed spots. Some are fine, but it can't go overboard. The match has to tell a story. That usually comes from not only what's happening in the match, but the build-up of the match. Obviously no botched spots...no long stoppages for a front face locks and headlocks. One is fine, too give the wrestlers a breather. So what is it for you?

The referee in me looks for solid and credible moves, of course no fuck-ups and a believable ending.

The mark in me just wants to be entertained.

As a commentator, I love matches that simply give me something interesting to talk about. Get some heat, work a body part, gimme a move/spot I've never seen before, do SOMETHING that lets me say more than "...and Babyface just waffled Heel with another clothesline. Oh look, Heel got back up and clotheslined Babyface. Now Babyface is coming back with..." blah blah blech.

Guest LooneyTune

Logical offense. If the match is 20-25 minutes, and you work over someones body part (For example... the left leg; secifcally the knee), please make that part of the finish. I hate when matches have lame-go-nowhere submission work. Spending 10 minutes working over someone knee, only to knock them in the head with a chair for a win? Pfft...