TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HellSpawn

Jms & kevin smith -> spider-man

Guest HellSpawn

OK, I guess you guys already know JMS & KS will be the new tandem on Spidey books, well, JMS already is, but I read an article a few days ago, and there is one little thing that is running on my mind, is mostly about KS (I do like his work on Daredevil and I love his movies, damn, next monday Im goin to see J&SBSB), well first, here is the deal they got.

-Both are MARVEL EXCLUSIVE for 2 years

-JMS will write probably 18 issues by year

-JMS will leave Amazing and get a new Spidey book a la Todd McFarlane way back in early 90s

-Hopefully JRjr will continue with JMS

-KS will take Amazing, after the mini Black Cat ends

-KS he will write only 12 issues by year

-KS but he said probably will write not only Spidey but also a new Black Cat ongoing

-KS hopes Terry Dobson (artist on Black Cat mini) will draw BOTH books

... I believe I got all the stuff done

Now my main reason to be a little pi$$ed off.

1] KS will leave DC hanging with the new Brave & the Bold ongoing but he said that "I still want to write B&TB, if DC waits for me".

2] If my memory works, he also had a deal with Image for a new Jay & Silent Bob ongoing, and this was way back on middle 2K1

3] From what I know, KS' new movie, Jersey Girl (I think), got a green light, so now he will handle 2 ongoings and a movie, when way back in late 90s he screw Daredevil schedule (OK, with a lot of help of mr.slow hand Joe Q.), like I said, he already blew a J&SB ongoing, Green Arrow was late too.

Oh well, Im sorry if I pi$$ed you guys off, Im just a little angry.

Guest starvenger
1] KS will leave DC hanging with the new Brave & the Bold ongoing but he said that "I still want to write B&TB, if DC waits for me".

Remember, though, that BatB was something that Smith himself pitched.  DC will wait for him.

2] If my memory works, he also had a deal with Image for a new Jay & Silent Bob ongoing, and this was way back on middle 2K1

The View Askew books will move to Marvel.

3] From what I know, KS' new movie, Jersey Girl (I think), got a green light, so now he will handle 2 ongoings and a movie, when way back in late 90s he screw Daredevil schedule (OK, with a lot of help of mr.slow hand Joe Q.), like I said, he already blew a J&SB ongoing, Green Arrow was late too.

I'm guessing that if any book is late, it'll be Black Cat, but Marvel probably requested that he complete x scripts before they start publishing his stuff...

Guest Vyce

As a big Spidey fan, this is good news, as it shows that the character / comics are finally becoming a serious property again.  I was hurting there for a long while during the Byrne / Mackie run, but finally, things are looking up.  IMO, JMS is one of the best writers working in comics today, and his run on Amazing so far has been solid.  Smith I have some reservations about (let's admit, the guy's good with the dialogue and bad with the action), but ultimately I think he will work well.  It's a good time to be a Spidey fan!

The only thing I worry about is the exclusivity in the contracts...I like both writers, and I'm hoping that some of their side projects will carry over to Marvel.  As much as I love the idea of them working on the Spidey books, I don't want that to be ALL that they do.

And I agree that Romita Jr. should stay with JMS - they work smoothly together.  It would be wonderful to see Dodson added as the artist for Amazing as well.