TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

The Hassen Article from WWE

Guest Trivia247

Muhammad Hassan remains perfect

Feb. 14, 2005

By Anthony Cali

CINCINNATI, OH – His opinions of the United States may not be perfect, but so far, Muhammad Hassan’s win-loss record is. The disgruntled Arab-American athlete has yet to suffer defeat on Raw.

Since debuting a few months back, Hassan has managed to pick up several major victories over some of WWE’s biggest legends. At New Year’s Revolution, he defeated Jerry “the King” Lawler in his debut match, and two weeks ago in San Jose, he forced former WWE Champion and 2004 Hall of Fame inductee Sgt. Slaughter to submit.

“I came here for a purpose,” Hassan told WWE.com from the backstage area of the US Bank Arena, “and that’s to prove that I am the absolute best. Therefore, I’ve taken every opponent that they’ve put in front of me, and beaten them.”

One of the reasons for Hassan’s recent success has to be credited to his use of the Camel Clutch submission hold – a maneuver made famous by another former WWE Champion and 2005 Hall of Fame inductee, The Iron Sheik.

“I use the Camel Clutch to pay homage to the greatest Superstar in WWE history, the Iron Sheik” said Hassan. “He’s a fellow Arab, and I respect everything he’s done in this business. I think he should have been inducted sooner – it’s definitely long overdue. But it’s good to see a man of Middle Eastern heritage finally make it into the WWE Hall of Fame. I’m actually looking forward to attending this ceremony to see him get inducted.”

Like his Iranian predecessor, Hassan expects big things to happen. For a rookie in his early 20s, he’s already off to a great start, and is anxiously awaiting word on who he will face at WrestleMania 21 – a stage that he feels will be the perfect place to spread his message.

“Not only will WrestleMania 21 be seen by millions of Americans,” said the Detroit, Michigan native, “it will also be seen by millions of other people around the world. My message isn’t just for Americans, it’s global, and this WrestleMania will be the perfect stage for me, The show will be seen by more than 40 different countries. So what better way is there for me to spread my message to the masses?”

Not to be nit picky about this.... But its interesting that someone Not really Arab decided to call another man Not really Arab, Arab. The Iron Shiek being from Iran Is Persian. Now too us that might not be such a big deal since we white people could care less if we were mistaken for English or Swedish, American, or French.....well actually there are some lines we shouldn't cross there. But saying Shiek is Arab is one of those Snapfu's that an actual arab wrestler probably wouldn't have made. Not that its much of a big deal, it just is telling that Mark Magnus needs some schooling on this.

Guest BobbyWhioux

Whether or not Mark Magnus knows better, I imagine instructions are for Muhammed Hassan not to.

The majority of the fans probably don't know, and why bother to try and educate them for the sake of the angle/gimmick?

The way WWE operates, I wouldn't be surprised if the Iron Sheik himself isn't pushed out to state how proud he is to be "Arab". Bottom line: In the world of sports entertainment, WWE's big lie is the truth and all must swear allegiance to it.

Guest Trivia247
You did spell Hassan wrong

Damn it!

Well if anyone can spot mistakes errors for the sheer pleasure and for no other reason, it would be you heh...

J/K

Its Hassan right?

Guest Trivia247
I like how they play up his use of the camel clutch, when he mostly uses the downward spiral to win.

though the complete shot still different in setup as the downward spiral. I liked that Killed Belly to back Backbreaker he did, and keeping up with that grounded Cobra clutch. Im amazed none of the commentators wanted to catch that since he just wrestled Slaughter two weeks earlier

Guest Trivia247
You did spell Hassan wrong

and snafu..

The random capitalization of words should be the biggest concern

PeRhAps NoT sO RaNdoM

Guest Trivia247
Why not just stop doing it and appear slightly more intelligent?

But anyway, Hassan will be getting the Simon Dean treatment in a month or so.

Why does it matter anyway? This isn't a typing class nor am I applying for a job its just people who feel the need to be assholes and the best you can come up with is mistakes in capitalizations mispelling or grammar, it takes nothing away from the article's story. Christ almighty if you want to complain and insult take it to flaming Im sure there could be a whole book written on my mistakes and mishaps that you all can contribute too.

If capitalizations at the wrong place somehow makes something seem unintelligence then the point won't be made because the ignorance is not the Capitalizations at the Wrong place, but the reader who dismisses it because a typing Error is so................ (see alot of periods too) terrible.

I had made a negative statement on the various threads regarding the Divas and it was suggested to me that if I didn't like something then I shouldn't read or respond to it. I made my apologies like a human being and I understood what they were saying. Im surprise you mature "adults" out there don't follow it. If you don't like it don't read it or don't respond to it. Im not forcing you people, nor am I insulting you at any level.

I must be moody today.

Anyway Hassan has been getting a good push and reaction, far longer than Simon Dean that has been treated like a joke since his entry. By the nature of his character I doubt they will just shove him aside at the moment. the Sgt Slaughter turncoat angle lasted what a year before he turned back? and even then Colonel Mustafa lingered on a month or so then faded. They will do something interesting with Hassan before the end of his push.

No reason to get upset - you did ask about your spelling in the thread's sub-title. Nobody is calling you stupid.

Hey, there are plenty of knuckle-dragging troglodytes around here with impeccable spelling and grammar, especially in a certain folder whose initials may or may not be 'C' and 'E'...

I'm not flaming you, just making a suggestion. Capitalising random letters is a bad habit. If you did it in a professional capacity you'd get called on it.

But on subject, the reason Hassan will fail is the bookers have no long term plans for the character. They're throwing shit (characters) at the wall, and not giving it any reason to stick.

Guest Trivia247
No reason to get upset - you did ask about your spelling in the thread's sub-title. Nobody is calling you stupid.

Hey, there are plenty of knuckle-dragging troglodytes around here with impeccable spelling and grammar, especially in a certain folder whose initials may or may not be 'C' and 'E'...

that was done sorta as a joke on myself because the last time I relayed an article I misspelled article and hilarity ensued.

;)

I just needed to vent about that, its easy to go on and pick on people on the internet, because no one can slam a brick in your face as a result of it. And Mystery Eskimo is right about the too many caps, but it as he said a habit which wouldn't be looked favoriably upon at a job or in a classroom. But this forum is neither. If it was, people who curse and or insult would also be frowned upon. This forum I feel is similar too how people get into conversations in Rl, and mispellings and bad grammar and caps just the means some have of expressing themselves that are not as finely tuned as others are.

Its no big deal in either case.

ts easy to go on and pick on people on the internet, because no one can slam a brick in your face as a result of it.

In real life, I don't remember ever neglecting to correct someone's grammar for fear that they'd "slam a brick in my face".

Guest Ransome
Why does it matter anyway? This isn't a typing class nor am I applying for a job its just people who feel the need to be assholes and the best you can come up with is mistakes in capitalizations mispelling or grammar, it takes nothing away from the article's story.  Christ almighty if you want to complain and insult  take it to flaming Im sure there could be a whole book written on my mistakes and mishaps that you all can contribute too.

No: this isn't a typing class, this is an Internet forum where all we have to make sense of your ideas is your choice of typed words. If we were having a conversation with you in real life, obviously, we'd be able to understand you. It's just frustrating when compared with the other posts here; to the board's credit, most of the other people here can at least structure and punctuate a post flawlessly, which makes your posts stick out like several sore thumbs.

If you would just spend (say) 2 more minutes per post than you are now to fix your mistakes, in consideration of the people who bother to read what you write, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. Otherwise, people are more likely to just skip your posts, and what's the point of posting anywhere if nobody's gonna read you ?

As for the actual topic, this Hassan article isn't exactly saying anything new, except maybe that he's guaranteed to be inducting Iron Shiek into HOF '05.

Guest Trivia247
Why does it matter anyway? This isn't a typing class nor am I applying for a job its just people who feel the need to be assholes and the best you can come up with is mistakes in capitalizations mispelling or grammar, it takes nothing away from the article's story.  Christ almighty if you want to complain and insult  take it to flaming Im sure there could be a whole book written on my mistakes and mishaps that you all can contribute too.

No: this isn't a typing class, this is an Internet forum where all we have to make sense of your ideas is your choice of typed words. If we were having a conversation with you in real life, obviously, we'd be able to understand you. It's just frustrating when compared with the other posts here; to the board's credit, most of the other people here can at least structure and punctuate a post flawlessly, which makes your posts stick out like several sore thumbs.

If you would just spend (say) 2 more minutes per post than you are now to fix your mistakes, in consideration of the people who bother to read what you write, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. Otherwise, people are more likely to just skip your posts, and what's the point of posting anywhere if nobody's gonna read you ?

As for the actual topic, this Hassan article isn't exactly saying anything new, except maybe that he's guaranteed to be inducting Iron Shiek into HOF '05.

I can see that point, but the deal is proper grammar doesn't seem to be a higher priority when you can say shit, fuck, etc etc unless someone wants to get down on people for the Fucking context of the god damn piece o Shit Curse words being not in the proper tense AHHHHHHHHH! hehehe just kidding.

Seriously I curse on here same as the rest, this enviroment is lax enough for that it should be lax enough for people to handle caps where they shouldn't be a few words of typonese and such.

Once again...hmmm what the hell was the topic oh yea Hass"a"n. I definately agree with you since by the way he came with the article that he will be inducting Iron Shiek. If he wasn't there or didn't have that on air role as he does, I would think the ironic choice of inducting him would be Sgt. Slaughter.