TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tawren

Generic Post-Raw Thoughts Thread

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Chris Benoit v. Muhammad Hassan ***

God Almighty Scooter Keith is an ittiot.

"Why would WWE put the cover on the air a full month before the match if that's what Playboy was referring to? Why would Playboy put that on the cover to be published 3 whole weeks before Wrestlemania (March 10th)? Why would WWE even share their title plans with Playboy?"

...you're giving the WWE entirely too much credit. You know that, don't you?

"Why would WWE put the cover on the air a full month before the match if that's what Playboy was referring to? Why would Playboy put that on the cover to be published 3 whole weeks before Wrestlemania (March 10th)? Why would WWE even share their title plans with Playboy?"

...you're giving the WWE entirely too much credit. You know that, don't you?

We'll see.

I realize this is an argument I can't win, since when Trish does beat Christy, you guys will just claim that they changed the plan after the title changed leaked.

Thus, the only virtue my point of view has is that it makes sense.

...you're giving the WWE entirely too much credit.  You know that, don't you?

We'll see.

I realize this is an argument I can't win, since when Trish does beat Christy, you guys will just claim that they changed the plan after the title changed leaked.

Which is entirely why I think it's wrong. Sorry. You can't try to accurately predict WWE booking by making sense. :D

...you're giving the WWE entirely too much credit.  You know that, don't you?

We'll see.

Which is entirely why I think it's wrong. Sorry. You can't try to accurately predict WWE booking by making sense. :D

Regardless, it doesn't make any sense that the line on the cover would be referring to her winning a title during a match that hasn't even been announced yet rather than it referring to her winning a contest that actually used the word "Diva" in the title.

I acknowledge that I'm never going to win this argument, despite my viewpoint being the simplest, most fitting with established facts, and most rational. That's simply not how arguments on the internet are won.

RJ, I agree with you. I really don't think they'll put the belt on Christy. They didn't put it on Torrie when she was in Playboy, and she in all honestly probably has more wrestling skills than Christy does. I'm still praying that they won't go through with the match and Victoria stands up for Christy and it's Vic/Trish with Christy in Victoria's corner.

Why do people have to use the same tired "I can say whatever the fuck I want, and use my views of WWE's supposed 'unpredictable' booking in any argument" angle?

Why would WWE put the cover on the air a full month before the match if that's what Playboy was referring to? Why would Playboy put that on the cover to be published 3 whole weeks before Wrestlemania (March 10th)? Why would WWE even share their title plans with Playboy?

I'd hope that someone can counter this argument with a rational answer, because I completely agree with Jerk's statement. Christy isn't even in the same league as Trish circa 2000, let alone Trish 2004. There's no way she could conceivably work a two minute match, let alone with the pressure of her first singles match at the biggest event of the year.