TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JustJoe2k5

Coliseum Video Gems

Guest jm29195
The Best of the British Bulldogs had a damned sweet Dynamite Kid v Bret Hart match from late '85-early 86.

-=Mike

I have it somewhere, is that the match were Dynamite does a top rope headbutt to the outside?

If I'm not mistaken about the title of the tape (Wrestlefest 91?) but I remember a really good Jannetty/Tanaka match from MSG that has Marty KILLING good ole' Pat with a tombstone he takes on his forehead. I think the Harts vs. The LOD is on there as well.

The old school Randy Savage tape from waaaaaay back has classic MSG footage and some hilarious interviews including one at his house.

Gene O: "Macho Man, Lets talk about wrestling."

Savage "YES! I am very great at wrestling!"

(Phone rings)

Elizabeth: Hello . . . you want Randy to come to Japan and wrestle two of the finest Japanese wrestlers for $500,000.

Randy: HANG UP THE PHONE!!!

(Liz hangs up)

Randy: They can come to my backyard and I'll beat them up for FREE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Randy: Macho Madness is more seductive than sex!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Newlywed woman is caught swimming in Randy's pool totally enamored w/ him)

Randy: This is a typical like situation Gene. Hey lady, I know how you're feelin but you're gonna hafta get out!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to mention there's also a great Savage/Santana MSG series of matches on the tape which were tragically clipped. For as much as Boston were behind Savage, NYC were practically begging Santana to decapitate Savage at center ring.

(Phone rings)

Elizabeth: Hello . . . you want Randy to come to Japan and wrestle two of the finest Japanese wrestlers for $500,000.

Randy: HANG UP THE PHONE!!!

(Liz hangs up)

Randy: They can come to my backyard and I'll beat them up for FREE!

Randy: "Elizabeth! I gonna let you hold the belt. What a thrill huh?"

The hand comes up blocking her as she reaches for it.

Randy: "CHANGED MY MIND!!!!"

Ventura: "Thats the champions perogative Macho Man."

Randy: "And I just excersiced that option!"

Pure Awesome. :headbang:

I forgot about that one . . . that may be the best exchange on the tape.

Another dandy . . .

Savage: I'm walkin in the Intercontinental Champion, and I'm walkin out the IC Champion.

Monsoon: The title's not on the line.

Savage: I know it but it's a psychological thing, don't you agree?

Adonis: (Not really paying attention) I agree too.

wwe should start releasing more of the old coliseum videos on dvd. I would think prime cuts would have been on dvd by now. (still mad that I didnt pick it up a few years back when I saw it used at a video store)

And yea, videos used to be very expensive. I once talked to a local video store owner and she said that they charged way high prices for videos (even movies-tons more than they cost in regular store for some reason). Thats one of the reason they didnt have many wwf tapes.