TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The OFFICIAL All-Time Draft Thread

As I already mentioned to Al via PM...

With the 12th pick of the TSM All-Time Draft, Marty's Ottawa Athletics select 2B Rogers Hornsby.

Next up: Treble, The Californian and KingPK.

In a move to build one of the deadliest pitching rotation ever, the first round pick as by Las Vegas 51s, proudly belongs to Leroy Robert "Satchel" Paige.

paige_satchel_2.jpg

Presenting the stage to KingPK for his pick now...

The Pawtucket Red Sox are proud to feature a showdown between arguably the two best strikeout pitchers as they select a man with a career 11.12 K/9 rate...

SP Randy Johnson

LooneyTune is now on the clock!

And only 10 more til its my turn again.... hurry up guys! Out of the people here that has ALREADY drafted your first player, any regrets or are you guys happier than pigs in shit with your pick? I'm already second guessing mine, but Satchel should pull through.

I was just going to take the highest player left on Bill James' top 100 list who was available. He had Charleston at #4, so I'm happy.

I don't think you can make a bad pick in the first round of this draft?

Well a few people here actually chose a player who plays a position worse than a player not chosen (see: Randy Johnson, no offense to Harley).

I was just going to take the highest player left on Bill James' top 100 list who was available. He had Charleston at #4, so I'm happy.

Al actually advised me to take Charleston, but I was stupid to think only he would know about Charleston and that it'd be safe to hedge my bets and take him in the second round, but not only did you take him, you took him before I could even use my first pick on him. Good move, Treble.

Well a few people here actually chose a player who plays a position worse than a player not chosen (see: Randy Johnson, no offense to Harley).

My reasoning was: Johnson has a career 11.12 K/9 and has averaged almost 200 innings a season. He also has a career 3.2 K/BB ratio, which should surely help. When he was on top of his game, he was putting up sub 2.50 ERA's in a fairly extreme hitters era.

My reasoning was: Johnson has a career 11.12 K/9 and has averaged almost 200 innings a season. He also has a career 3.2 K/BB ratio, which should surely help. When he was on top of his game, he was putting up sub 2.50 ERA's in a fairly extreme hitters era.

You really think Randy wouldnt have lasted you til the 4th pick of the 2nd round?

You really think Randy wouldnt have lasted you til the 4th pick of the 2nd round?

Well, never say never, especially with some of the other guys also in this thing.

Guest LooneyTune

Sorry, didn't realize I'm up already, but since I'm unprepared for this pick...

Nolan Ryan

Guest LooneyTune

I know I had more time, but I went with my gut instinct since my original choice (Clemens) was taken a few picks before me.

Plus I didn't want to hold up the draft by taking my sweet ass time to make a selection.

Guest Failed Mascot

You guys purposely skipping over the best pitchers ever? Just curious

If you mean Hornsby, I realize he's not #1 defensively, but few second basemen are better hitters and that's generally what I was looking for. In the 1920s, during his prime, he was the National League's answer to Babe Ruth.