TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Smackdown! Spoilers

Guest Shadow
Since we know what Angle will be doing, I'm curious to see what Shawn will be doing for the next couple of weeks. I can't really imagine him trying to go through Angle's career, so it'll be intersting to see how they build the match up with him.

I'm sure Shawn will cut his usual cut and dry "I looked in the mirror and saw that i lost my fire and at WM, I will tap into that fire and give you kurt angle, the beating of a lifetime, i might not win it but I'll be damned if you survive it"

Guest Deadbolt

In the last few months, we've seen Cena go from an over star, to the US champion, to the #1 contender for the WWE championship. Now, when Cena won the United States championship, it was a good thing. Hell, he even tied his unique character in with the title itself, creating the "Spinner" United States championship belt. On Smackdown, OJ and JBL destroyed the belt, and brought back the WWE's original version. I ask you this, do you think Cena would turn the WWE title into a "spinner"??

I think that it looks cool. It caters to today's youth, and it's a unique "spin" on a WWE tradition. But, I also think the top championship should have some class. Sure the spinner is fun, but is JBL right? Does it make the championship (and subsequently the champion) look bad? I was a huge fan of the Smoking Skull championship, but that came during a time when the title had looked it's most credible. Not to mention the fact that it was just another design, and the Snake skin backing looked different. I just think the big US looks tacky. Imagine a big WWE or something. I think it's more good than bad, due to it's originality, but it doesn't make the title look any more credible.

Wow, no Smackdown thread at all today? Interesting.

But anyways, it was pretty cool seeing the LAW roster on SD for some reason. (They were, security guards, or whatever they were following JBL backstage.) Although that's kind of odd, because didn't Caprice Coleman have a match this week? On Velocity or Heat...dont remember.

Does it make the championship (and subsequently the champion) look bad?

I don't think it made Cena look bad, but MAN OH MAN, that belt was uglier then hell.

Honestly, I'd like to see Cena go Old School and bring out the 1996 WWF title belt. I mean, it fits his gimmick, and DAMMIT, that belt rules.

Since we know what Angle will be doing, I'm curious to see what Shawn will be doing for the next couple of weeks. I can't really imagine him trying to go through Angle's career, so it'll be interesting to see how they build the match up with him.

Win Olympic Gold Medals

Become a Euro-Continental Champion..

Lose 2 belts at Wrestlemania without getting pinned..

Interupt the Big Show giving away Condoms at a mall

Get a crush on Stephanie

have Chris Benoit shove your medals down his pants

Nearly kill Shane McMahon by suplexing him into the glass set at KOTR

Spray milk all over everywhere mocking Austin's beer bath

Threaten to throw Austin off a bridge tied to a block

"I tear my quad all the time, I tore it this morning, and I'm still here!"

Shave his head..

uh..

Im missing a lot but still...

Since I'll assume this will just be the all-encompassing Smackdown thread, I'll comment in here.

Hot damn that main event tag was good. Tons of cool offense, a fun face in peril segment, JBL charisma goodness, one of the best set ups for the 619 yet (trip -> stumble), and an inventive finish that makes me want to see a rematch and doesn't give away a blowoff like they did with Booker/Heidenreich. Post match Cena run in was neat too.

How does Raw get any love? Seriously, this match was better than any of the so called "great" matches from 2004 Raw. Most Smackdown matches are.

Guest Deadbolt
Kurt Angle will have to win the Tag Team titles twice and job them without actually losing, steal a title from someone that has no value to it, vacate the World Title weeks before he's scheduled to job it to someone else, have Mike Tyson join his posse, wrestle a boring 50-minute iron man match vs. HHH, and be born again.

I'm more or less certain that Angle was referring to some of the bigger moments in HBKs career, ie. the ladder match and turning on Janetty. Angle has already won the tag titles, the WWE title, and so on, so there's no need for him to do so again now, is there?

Since I'll assume this will just be the all-encompassing Smackdown thread, I'll comment in here.

Hot damn that main event tag was good. Tons of cool offense, a fun face in peril segment, JBL charisma goodness, one of the best set ups for the 619 yet (trip -> stumble), and an inventive finish that makes me want to see a rematch and doesn't give away a blowoff like they did with Booker/Heidenreich. Post match Cena run in was neat too.

How does Raw get any love? Seriously, this match was better than any of the so called "great" matches from 2004 Raw. Most Smackdown matches are.

Smackdown! Main Events are usually the only matches I watch in their entirety. Plus, the run ins with Batista and Cena at the end have been done very well.