TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
swan

www.allofmp3.com

I know a few people that swear by www.allofmp3.com

The site initially shows up in Russian. There's a link in the upper left

to display it in English. Two cents per megabyte, a wide variety of

formats. Thing that I don't like is that it's based in Russia and it seems too cheap. Anyone have any insight to them?

Sounds good, but I've been using another Russia-based site for mp3 downloads, mp3search.ru. It's a pretty good site, $0.10 per song is fairly good IMO. Has pretty much all recent stuff and a lot of oldies, too. It shows up in english also, so no prob there. Highly recommended.

I say if you're gonna download, don't bother translating foreign langauages or paying for downloads. Get 'em free.

Of course, when I thought downloading games and music was the coolest thing ever, my connection couldn't handle it, and now that I have broadband, I'd rather pay for the actual product. I don't have any moral objection to getting the stuff for free, but I guess the collector in me prefers the real deal.

It won't be last for long, as various papers have been filed in Russia to stop such low cost downloads being made available.

I get all my stuff for free, but I have went there when I really needed something.

I like it. I think I've dropped about $50 total there over the last several months and have had no problems with it. Dirt cheap, and downloads are almost always fast.

Only big gripe I have with it is their server is "busy" too often. That should probably be expected, but it's pretty annoying to constantly get those error messages. I've had problems with truncated files (i.e. cut off abruptly mid-song), but it's only happened twice and the files were fixed by the next day.

It won't be last for long, as various papers have been filed in Russia to stop such low cost downloads being made available.

You got a link to any story's about that? I'd like to read them.

You got a link to any story's about that? I'd like to read them.

Well, it actually looks like they're safe for now.

http://www.digitalmediaasia.com/default.asp?ArticleID=6550

I heard about the challenge to them a month ago, and hadn't heard anything since.

I say if you're gonna download, don't bother translating foreign langauages or paying for downloads. Get 'em free

Could you point me to the sites you use for free downloading? It seems all sites I click on that advertise FREE are lying 'cause they actually ask you for your CC or something. Thanks in advance.

As for the getting them for free or not debate, I think $0.10 per song is completely a bargain so I don't mind it. It eases up a bit the "guilt" you might get for downloading free. And it sure beats that Kazaa shit, where you don't know if you're getting a damaged file, complete silence, or an endless loop of the song's chorus. At least on mp3search.ru you get the full song with no errors.

I say if you're gonna download, don't bother translating foreign langauages or paying for downloads. Get 'em free

Could you point me to the sites you use for free downloading? It seems all sites I click on that advertise FREE are lying 'cause they actually ask you for your CC or something. Thanks in advance.

As for the getting them for free or not debate, I think $0.10 per song is completely a bargain so I don't mind it. It eases up a bit the "guilt" you might get for downloading free. And it sure beats that Kazaa shit, where you don't know if you're getting a damaged file, complete silence, or an endless loop of the song's chorus. At least on mp3search.ru you get the full song with no errors.

Person to Person servers. Remember Napster? Shit like that.