TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Soul Calibur III

I'm shocked. SC2 and T5 are literally the only recent arcade fighters available for play to me within about a 40 mile radius. It should be easy to find a T5 machine if you aren't totally in the boonies.

I pretty much only bother with the novelty and old school games at arcades. I don't really have the desire to spend too much money on getting my ass handed to me for 15 seconds in the hot new fighting game by someone who has devoted countless hours to it. I just can't afford that.

I will likely hit up the arcades once I get good at DDR on my Xbox, though.

Guest T®ITEC

The arcade is the place to get good at it, even if it's $1 for 3 freaking songs. Unless you have a really good game mat, which I didn't.

T5 really shows what PS2 is capable of, and imo looks as good as any fighter on X-Box. No reason SC3 wouldn't look that good.

The screenshots out so far look like ass, actually.

I like all 3. The game looks good.

There still hasn't been any mention of an arcade release....

It's coming out for PS2 before arcade. According to Namco it's more of a console game than an arcade title. Weird.

Eek no arcade release and I'm assuming no public beta. This makes me very worried. Hopefully it'll turn out okay.

I've heard people saying there'll be destructable environments and multi-tiered levels. Bleh. I don't like gimmicks. If I wanted that kind of crap, I'd play DoA.

I do like the character concepts, though. The scythe guy has a cool look, and he could have a neat moveset if he's not too similar to Asta or Kilik. The girl with the ring has a lot of potential for a fun moveset too.

Toshinden was badass. I loved Master, especially when you could map special moves to buttons so that you could press R1 once and have her shoot like 10 swords at you. Hotness. SC3 needs stuff like that. And fatalities.

Guest T®ITEC

Setsuka is Zhang He was breasts and an umbrella. Simply awful. Well, really, they all do look horrible to me.... even though scythes are cool.

I kinda thought Amy was going to be in this game. Either I read that somewhere a while ago or it came up in an "OMG that'd be cool" conversation. Whatever.

Setsuka is Zhang He was breasts and an umbrella. Simply awful.

Not really--more like Mai in one of her win poses, and with an added gimmick stolen from a number of sushi westerns. I bet she's really a man, and adopted the persona of a geisha to lure the men she seeks vengeance against into a vulnerable position, pulls the sword out of her umbrella--skkkt!

Toshinden was badass. I loved Master, especially when you could map special moves to buttons so that you could press R1 once and have her shoot like 10 swords at you. Hotness. SC3 needs stuff like that. And fatalities.

And sadly, it would probably sell better if they added that.

From Classicgaming.com

Play as one of your favorite classic characters to follow how their fate unfolds in the Tales of Souls mode. Battle it out against your friends in the Vs. Standard mode. Create your own original character to play in the Character Creation mode. Rise in the ranks in the World Competition mode.

Features -

Customizable characters: Create your own character after you or the ideal warrior you’ve always wanted to be. Choose the sex, occupation, look and even a weapon for your own original character.

Your original character is the star: The Chronicles of the Sword mode allows your original customized character to play through a mode much like real-time simulation; you can see your own character in the battles that unfold.

3 Brand new characters! Zasalamel, Tira and Setsuka wield their specialty weapons to join the classic cast for a total of over 25 characters.

More stages than before: Battle it out in more stages than ever, from a castle in Germany to a shrine in Greece, or even at the top of a clock tower. Get ready for the battles by training in the Practice Mode; enjoy unique battles in Soul Arena Mode; view the history of the franchise and everything you’ve unlocked in Museum Mode!

They're still keeping us in the dark about what moves/fighting style/etc your created character would use.