TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Carlito Carribbean Cool... ready to go

The heel mastermind works best when the fans rally behind the face before realizing they were betrayed. (See Rocky in 1998) I've got the feeling that if this scenario was played out, CCC would never get very over as a face, and the fans would be half expecting him to turn back pretty much the whole way.

*Nod* As I've said before, CCC as a face turning heel isn't the shock, it's CCC as the uber-heel that is the shock. Traditionally in the WWE, when someone fakes being a face and returns to being a heel "that's it". This takes it a step further. All this does is foreshadow CCC turning on JBL.

Second, I think GAB is still too early to turn JBL.

He won't be turning at GAB, he'll be turned on. JBL's rise to facedom would take weeks to develop.

Under your scenario, he would have still been in every WWE title match for a whole year at the time of the turn. The fans really aren't going to be cheering for him to move back up the card. I agree that it's important to keep him in the upper card after he loses the belt, but I think he needs at least 2 or 3 months away from the title picture before they can turn him.

I think JBL is a pretty hot character. Not a well-drawing character, but hes had enough time to develop where it's only a matter of time before people start liking the character because its different from the rest. "Losing everything" to Carlito will create a shift in his character, and as long as he isn't looking to please the fans, is alligned with Cena, and just wants to destroy everything, that should get him over enough. Do not underestimate the power of his promos, because he can get the crowd to believe that he's pissed off and will kick some ass, and the crowd loves to cheer that.