TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryan in RI

HBO's OZ

Guest Ryan in RI

umm, where were we?  Oh yeah... predictions on the season finale?

I think Jia remains alive.

Ryan remains God.

Cyril gets off.

Poet is killed.

Guest Vyce

Oz is becoming too gay for me to watch it.  I mean, every week someone gets raped.  Not my bag, baby.

Guest hardyz1

What was up with all those musical interludes last week?  I don't care to hear Burr Redding sing.

Guest Black Lushus

you say that as if the interludes were bad...man they made that episode that much better!  Schillinger and Beecher doing the duet together was classic!  I'm sure it has something to do with Harold Perrinou (Augustus Hill) taking time off his Oz schedule to film his parts for the Matrix sequel...and yes, there has been an overabbundance of rape it seems this season, but hey, that's prison for you...at least they haven't been showing it, be thankful for that!  i'm more offended by seeing Officer Howell naked than i am seeing two guys get it on!

Guest TheDames7

I think that Augustus not doing the interludes probably has more to do with the fact that storyline-wise, he's in a coma due to his heroin OD.  It wouldn't make sense for him to be talking to us.  

I'm sure that the interludes wouldn't take more time from the Oz shoot than necessary.  

Dames

Guest Black Lushus

That's funny, Augustus has been laid up before and still did the Interludes...as a matter of fact, right after he found out his mom died he did an interlude...as a matter of fact, he did the voice overs in this past episode explaining the prisoners numbers and crimes and sentences...

Guest TheDames7

Yeah, he's been laid up in the hospital before, but I dont ever remember him being incoherent enough that he couldn't speak.  

Dames

Guest Black Lushus

he seceretly slipped Hill some drugs...Hill of course had been clean for years but feel into massive depression due to his wife divorcing him and his mom dying in the bus crash...Hill had to go to the hospital for ODing and a pissed off Burr Redding confronted Poet about it who immediately blamed it on the Italians...

Guest TheDames7

Even so, now that Poet got Redding to kill one of the Italians, Poet is in the clear for now.  The only ones who really know that it was Poet is Busmalis and Herrera.  Busmalis doesn't know for sure, he was just doing what he was told and Herrera's word wouldn't be trusted by Redding.  

The preview for this week shows Augustus saying that he isn't going to name names...so Poet is safe.

Dames

Guest Silvpak

James Robson is going to die a very ugly, very painful, very grotesque death, methinks.

And have they EVER explained the "ascendance" of Jeremiah Cloutier?  Now, I know it's television, but the whole freaking place went bonkers when Busmalis and Alvarez escaped.  Don't tell me that there wouldn't be at least SOME inquiry into the disappearance of a scarred, dripping near-corpse, without a trace.

Guest JerryDrake

Just a question, who is your favorite character? Mine is and will always be Said.

Guest Black Lushus

hmmmm let's see...this may sound crazy, but i like Robson, his character, though he's a biggoted nazi idiot, is actually kind of funny.  his "hey look it's Huey, Louie, and Jigabooey" line actually made me laugh a little...I'm not a huge Said fan but I love how well written his character is, the development is great...Keller is a funny one too, real calm and cool...I like Redding as well, I think he's a way better leader than Adebisi.  yeah he may not have the muscle, but the man is hella smart and very crafty...

Guest SUPER LOCO

Best characters are O'Reily, Shillinger and Said.

This was a slow episode huh!

Adam Gunzel is dead already.

Hopefully the dog storyline is finally over

Timmy Kirk is finally in some deep shit

The Rebadow story sure slows things down

Jai looks to be about finished

and it looks like we are headed for a violent season finale, it seems like things just got going.

Guest Black Lushus

Any guesses on who that is in the preview that McManus is crying over getting killed?  I would have to say Omar White...I thought this was a decent episode, though I agree that the whole Rebadow story slows everything down...

Guest cdstunner66

I'm not big on the whole rebadow thing either, but there's worse things they could be doing for a sideplot. What I can't figure out though is Said, don't get me wrong, I like the character but he can be real inconsistant sometimes. For example two weeks ago he was going nuts on Schillinger about the gay rape stuff. The next week he's acting like maybe they preach too much. Then last night he lies to protect Schillinger, granted it was for Beechers safety, and looks absolutely pissed. But ten minutes before that he's preaching at Beecher about atoning for giving Gunzel to the Aryans. I kind of want him either be the asskicking, self rightious preacher.

Guest Black Lushus

I gotta admit, I hated Adam Guenzel, but seeing him hanging from that fence dead and Beecher's reaction to his death was kind of depressing...i wonder what Winthrop (the other prag) is going to do now?  As far as Said goes, I dunno, he is kind of an enigma isn't he?  It does look like, based on the previews for the season finale, that we are FINALLY going to see a Schillinger/Said showdown though....don't forget guys, Season 1 come sout on DVD/VHS March 19th !

Guest KOR420

Didnt like this episode that much,but the season finale looks like it will be watchable oh and by the way,I'm UltraMagnus from the old boards

Guest Ryan in RI

Im in Oz depression already.

Just under 11 months till the new season.

No more Augustis.  I hated the character until he died.  Funny how shit works.

I do have to say though... this season was the worst of them all.  

March 19 can't come quick enough.

Guest Ripper

Could someone kind of give me a run down of what happened in the finale.  AT&T Broadband of Atlanta are evil bastards and my cable is out and won't be fixed for at least a week.  So I will be missing the replays of the show, too.  I HATE AT&T.

Guest Black Lushus

let's see how good my memory is at this point in the day...

Robson asked Schillinger not to kick him out of the Brotherhood.  Schillinger told him he had no choice and VERY reluctantly told him he was out.  Said told Robson he actually felt sorry for him.  Robson then hooks up with Poet and buys a shitload of tits and, in a very sickening scene, he rubs the drugs all over his gums and proceeds to try to cut his gums off with a razor blade, and only got a little chunk of before collapsing from the pain...rather disturbing to watch...that was it for him this episode...

Omar White was NOT the one to get killed, like many had thought...he ended up back in Solitary though after choking out a new Aryan arrival that was planning on wacking Said...

Both Chris Keller and Cyril O'Reilly ended up in Death Row and we found out Cyril only has a month to live...we also find out (though this may have been known before) that Ryan and Cyril had a little sister that died when she was 6 months old due to shaken baby syndrom.  Ryan saw his dad do it, but kept it secret for years.  in a great scene, Ryan told his dad that if he EVER gets out of prison, he will kill him...Ryan finally got a chance to see his brother in Death Row and it was actually kind of sad to see them together and seeing Ryan's hope gone...things could get better though because that priest Meehan has some serious stuff up his sleeves to get Cyril off death row, maybe even get the death penalty taken away from the state?

Beecher finally confessed in private to Sister Pete about Schillinger raping both Adam Guenzel and Franklin Winthrop and this ended up with Schillinger being sent to solitary...there will obviously be some hell to pay when Schillinger ever gets out of there...Beecher finally reunited with Keller and their little story ended with them kissing (ick)...

Pancamo is still lookin like he's halfway dead, that hasn't changed...

Rebadow got to visit his grandson and was informed that he only had another week or so to live...that night, there was a huge thunderstorm and a power outage across the whole county, including the hospital.  his grandson finally died as a result of that...that same day Rebadow heard about his grandson dying, Officer Brass finally returned to give him his portion of the lotto winnings...what a total asshole!  too late now bastard!

Busmalis's fiance Norma finally showed up to try and explain why she ditched him at the alter...as Busmalis entered the visiting area to see her, she got up to reveal a pregnant belly and he immediately turned around and walked out without saying a word...

Augustus Hill returned to Em City and told Poet that he would not give him up to Burr Redding.  Poet obviously was relieved...meanwhile, the Italians and Latinos get together and plot to finally take out Redding...Franky Urbano makes his move on Redding as he and Hill are walking together (okay Hill wasn't walking but you know what i mean!) and Hill sees Urbano with the shank and pushes Redding out of the way and takes the blow himself...a HUGE brawl ensues as Hill lays dying and bloody from a vicious stab wound on the floor...McManus holds Hill in his arms as Hill tells him that he can finally feel his legs again before eventually dying...the final shot of this episode was an empty wheelchair in that glass holding cell he always narrated in as the camera pans away...im depressed just typing that...my friends and i were stunned watching it last night.  I mean we all knew it was gonna happen, but still.  Hill was on the show since Day One so the shock value was obvious...