TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nickggilbert

NFL teams to get new logos/unis in 2k2-2k3

Guest nickggilbert

the rumors are 3 nfl teams will be getting new logos for 2002-2003

1) seattle seahawks will be altering their logo and uniforms for 2002-2003 when they move into the new boeing feild

2) buffalo bills will be changing colors to blakc, red and silver, to be in sync with the sabres

3) the lions are rumored to get a new logo

Guest Kahran Ramsus

That sucks.  I hate all these new uniforms.  They better not change Green Bay's.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I've seen the new logo that the Bills registered with the league. (Unfortunately I lost the link)

Not pretty at all.

It looks like the Buffalo from the Sabres with a big ass "B" in front of it.

I hate it.

Guest phoenixrising

The Bills in black, red and silver?   Ugh.  Will take a LOT of getting used to.

Detroit's had the same logo for so long, the same blue and silver uniforms...keep it that way.

As for Seattle...eh, no one really will go bonkers if they change.

Guest aaron

I just want the Lions to switch the ol' honolulu blue to something darker, I get sick of seeing that sky blue with light silver combination every weekend. It wouldn't hurt to touch the Lion up a little, but nothing drastic.

On a side note, how did silver and blue ever become associated with Lions in the first place?

Guest nickggilbert

the seahawks will be adding teal to replace the green, from what i heard, and the bills changing will kinda make buffalo sports teams mimic the pittsburgh in the way that all the sports teams in the sity wear the same colors

Guest Choken One

I would like to see more teams get fresher looks or revert to old styles...Denver needs to go back to the Orange Crush Jerseys.

Guest Tony149

I think the NFL should have a whole season with "throwback" uniforms. I belive the last time they did this was in 1995. Gotta agree with Choken One on Denver going back to the Orange Crush jerseys. Uniforms are just like movies...most of the time the originals are better than the sequel.

Guest Choken One

You don't even need a whole season, just a Week...If you want take Jacksonville and Carolina and give Bye weeks on that week and every one can wear the Throwback suits.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

The Chargers need to go back to the powder blue.  The last time they did, they went to the Super Bowl.  Then they wore their current uniforms, and got hammered by the Niners.

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic

The Chargers' powder blue uniforms might just be the COOLEST EVER.

Guest nickggilbert

and the redskins will be getting a new home uniform for the teams' 70th anniversary season, looking like their 60s uniforms

so i guess you could say steve spurrier is coaching FSU, since the uniforms look like FSUs

Guest Spaceman Spiff
I'd like to know how that intimidating dolphin would look with an upgrade...

The logo was actually changed slightly not that long ago.  Possibly around 5 years ago or so.  The original logo's dolphin had a hint of a smile, and they changed it to a more agressive looking dolphin without the "smile".  Plus they made some changes to the ring in the logo.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

I'm talking about a major logo upgrade like the NE Patriots or Denver Broncos, although I think a frowning Dolphin would strike fear in the hearts of opposing teams.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Steve Spurrier is going to be having halucinations at every Redskins home game because of those new *throwback* jerseys to commemorate the Skins' 70th year that look a bit too much like FSU.  Sad thing is they are keeping the old logo and jerseys for road games. I like the new logo/jerseys.

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic

I'm digging the Redskins' old uniforms.  I have a feeling Dan Snyder's going to want to piss on the old Redskins logo (kinda like he pisses on everything else that the Redskins have that's good) and make new futuristic unis, but I'd rather a throwback any day of the week.

You know who's throwbacks are really cool, too?  The Packers'.  Just the basic white shirt with the gold pants.

Guest ratboy

I'm tellin' ya, the Thanksgiving day games this year, wuth the Lions-Packers and the 30's throwback jerseys? Tight. Very, very sharp.

And the Seahawks changing things up a little makes sense, as they are returning to the NFC due to the Houston expansion, so why not?

Guest CED Ordonez

Redskins uniforms I like and I'd wish they'd keep those for home and away, but I'm waiting for the FSU comments their helmet gets.

As far as the new uniform rumors, I think I'd like to see Seattle change more than anybody on that list. Their colors are OK, but I've always hated their logo.

And as for throwbacks, Powder Blue Chargers own, dammit!

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

As long as there is money to be made selling merchandise, there will be new uniforms.

I like the Redskins uniform except for the big yellow stripe and the pants. I think they should wear white pants, but that's my opinion.

Guest nickggilbert

the seahawks will unveil them on the 20th of feburary, and from what i hear, it'll just be a tweak of the logo with black added and a darker blue and lighter green

Guest CED Ordonez

While we're on the subject of new uniforms and logos, which teams DON'T need the logo change? I'm talking major logo changes not simple touchups here and there.

Green Bay and the Niners top on my list since the letters in the oval logo design work best for them. I remember when they tried to get the S.F. helmet logo changed to one that spelled "49ers" in this edgy type of font. Just that they actually voted on it almost made me cry.