TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ant_7000

Warned terrorist attacks before 9/11

Well, picture this scenario.

Mullah: Ah, peace be upon you, my son. Will you take up the righteous cause of Allah?

Boy: Sure. How do I do that?

Mullah: You must strap this bomb to your chest and go blow yourself up in a crowded street to murder innocent civilians.

Boy: Uh... what do I get out of it?

Mullah: Why, you will go to Heaven, my son. Eternal paradise!

Boy: What's up there?

Mullah: You will sleep with twenty female virgins every night. Is that not a glorious thought?

Boy: All right! Gimme that bomb! I'm all over that murdering innocent civilians action.

Mullah: Peace be upon you, my son.

Mullah: Ah, peace be upon you, my daughter. Will you take up the righteous cause of Allah?

Girl: Sure. How do I do that?

Mullah: You must strap this bomb to your chest and go blow yourself up in a crowded street to murder innocent civilians.

Girl: Uh... what do I get out of it?

Mullah: Why, you will go to Heaven, my daughter. Eternal paradise!

Girl: What's up there?

Mullah: You will sleep with twenty male virgins every night. Each one will last two seconds, perhaps even three, if Allah truly blesses you. They will be clumsy, fumbling, and hesitant, and every last one will cry after sex. Is that not a glorious thought?

Girl: ...

Mullah: Well?

Girl: Um. How would I get to Hell?

Mullah: Wear jeans.

Girl: Wear jeans?

Mullah: Yes. That is the sign of the Great Satan.

Girl: I see... hmm, do you know if there's a Levi's outlet around here?

Mullah: Why do you ask, my daughter?

Girl: I, uh, wanna blow it up.

Mullah: Ah, Allah will bless you. Two streets down and take a left.

Girl: Thanks. Later.

Mullah: Peace be upon you, my daughter.

Guest TheMikeSC

<<<WHAT!!! Mike, you are kidding right.  Are you saying that you really believe that there are more Arab extremist than there are non violent Arabs.  You can't really believe that.>>>

I FIRMLY believe that. When you have a hard time finding ANY Arabs who will say, outright, that homicide bombing is WRONG---then you have a group of people with some serious problems.

Mike, exactly how many Arabs have you spoken to about homicide bombings?  You know what is funny?  I have spoken to an Arab about the topic and they are FIRMLY against it, but you just said that there are HARDLY ANY Arabs who feel that way. >>>

Wow, you found one. I guess you just disproved the heck out of me.

I could mention that I was talking to a WHITE Muslim today and she was no different than the vast majority (and I mean VAST) majority of Arabs stuck in the hellhole known as the Middle East---she felt that the bombings were Israel's fault and refused to condemn them without adding in the "but, if Israel..."

Are Arab-AMERICANS likely to be as fervent as Arabs in the Middle East? Good lord, no. They actually have ACCESS to both sides of the story, something that Middle Eastern Arabs lack. However, it's not like the press has failed to interview MANY Arabs from the Middle East and I have not seen one---not ONE (and the press doesn't exactly have a pro-Israel bend for the most part) that flat-out condemned it.

There are definite pro-American Arabs out there (Iran has problems with them)---but when they are looking for anti-American sentiment in the Middle East, they seldom have to look too hard for it.

<<<Judging from the posts you have made in this thread, you seem  like the kind of person who makes generalizations and is fast to judge someone based the way they look, not based on the kind person they really are.  Am I right in thinking that? >>>

No---but since I neither know NOR care what you think of me, feel free to continue holding whatever idiotic assumptions you may have of me.

My life will continue on in spite of it.

-=Mike

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

There are what, close to 1 billion arabs/muslims in the world? How many have commited terrorist acts in the last few decades, maybe a couple of thousands? (and don't try to claim the Iraqi army is among them) Having "anti-american" sentiments doesn't make you an extremist or a terrorist, hell, I would be surprised if there is anyone who doesn't dislike something about the USA. There are many things I dislike about it, of course there are far more that I do like, and I'm sure that's the way most people are.

As for racial/group profiling, we see plenty of it up here, and it's really quite ridiculous. Favorite targets of the cops are native americans, young people, drunks/homeless, and working class white people. One of the disadvantages of being in a redneck town are the redneck low IQ cops who arrest people for unpaid parking tickets.

Well, picture this scenario.

Mullah: Ah, peace be upon you, my son. Will you take up the righteous cause of Allah?

Boy: Sure. How do I do that?

Boy: Uh... what do I get out of it?

Mullah: Why, you will go to Heaven, my son. Eternal paradise!

Boy: What's up there?

Mullah: You will sleep with twenty female virgins every night. Is that not a glorious thought?

Boy: All right! Gimme that bomb! I'm all over that murdering innocent civilians action.

Mullah: Peace be upon you, my son.

Mullah: Ah, peace be upon you, my daughter. Will you take up the righteous cause of Allah?

Girl: Sure. How do I do that?

Girl: Uh... what do I get out of it?

Mullah: Why, you will go to Heaven, my daughter. Eternal paradise!

Girl: What's up there?

Mullah: You will sleep with twenty male virgins every night. Each one will last two seconds, perhaps even three, if Allah truly blesses you. They will be clumsy, fumbling, and hesitant, and every last one will cry after sex. Is that not a glorious thought?

Girl: ...

Mullah: Well?

Girl: Um. How would I get to Hell?

Mullah: Wear jeans.

Girl: Wear jeans?

Mullah: Yes. That is the sign of the Great Satan.

Girl: I see... hmm, do you know if there's a Levi's outlet around here?

Mullah: Why do you ask, my daughter?

Girl: I, uh, wanna blow it up.

Mullah: Ah, Allah will bless you. Two streets down and take a left.

Girl: Thanks. Later.

Mullah: Peace be upon you, my daughter.

Fucking Brilliant, just fucking brilliant.

William

Guest Ripper

"Blacks make up about 12.5% of the population of America and commit over 50% of the violent crime and over 40% of all murders.  Those statistics suck but they are pretty acurate.  There is why profiling is important.  The police can compile stats and then they know who are the most likely suspects."

You know, I read these stats, but if you take the numbers of violent crimes and murders, and compare to the number of blacks in america, and say they committed 50% of them, you will see that not only is it impossible, it is absolutely ridiculous  You would have to believe that 1 in every 5 black people are going to kill someone or commit violent crime.  It is ridiculous.  

Most studies and stats usually turn out to be bullshit.  The other variables that obviously affect the findings, but they choose not to state them.  

If the cops only means to harrass someone is thier race, I suggest doing you fucking job and actually having a basis to come after someone, not because the stats say they might have done it.  

Me being stopped constantly when my only "crime" is being black is infringing on my rights...What rights, Mike?...the right to not be harrassed unless I did something.  My not being a criminal, and being a hardworking citizen is what I have done to earn the right to walk down the street, get on the bus, walk through a mall, or eat at a resturant(all situations which I have been grabbed and searched ans questioned mostly because I was the only black or one of 3-4 blacks around) without being harrased.  I am sure that it is a luxery that you all enjoy everyday.  If your right to do these things were hindered without a realistic reasoning, you would be up in arms.  

When I watch myself and another black male stopped because we fit a discription and niether of us look anything alike and all we have in common is that we are black, I really am hard pressed to believe that they got a accurate enough desctiption to be harrasing anyone, let alone groups of people.  If the only description they had was "white male" trust me, I don;t think they would start lining up whites men on the sidewalk( could be wrong, but I have been yet to see it).

Racial profiling  is a problem once they start hindering the rights of people to go about their day normally... That is part of the American way...is it not.

Guest Some Guy
"Blacks make up about 12.5% of the population of America and commit over 50% of the violent crime and over 40% of all murders.  Those statistics suck but they are pretty acurate.  There is why profiling is important.  The police can compile stats and then they know who are the most likely suspects."

You know, I read these stats, but if you take the numbers of violent crimes and murders, and compare to the number of blacks in america, and say they committed 50% of them, you will see that not only is it impossible, it is absolutely ridiculous  You would have to believe that 1 in every 5 black people are going to kill someone or commit violent crime.  It is ridiculous.  

Most studies and stats usually turn out to be bullshit.  The other variables that obviously affect the findings, but they choose not to state them.  

If the cops only means to harrass someone is thier race, I suggest doing you fucking job and actually having a basis to come after someone, not because the stats say they might have done it.  

Me being stopped constantly when my only "crime" is being black is infringing on my rights...What rights, Mike?...the right to not be harrassed unless I did something.  My not being a criminal, and being a hardworking citizen is what I have done to earn the right to walk down the street, get on the bus, walk through a mall, or eat at a resturant(all situations which I have been grabbed and searched ans questioned mostly because I was the only black or one of 3-4 blacks around) without being harrased.  I am sure that it is a luxery that you all enjoy everyday.  If your right to do these things were hindered without a realistic reasoning, you would be up in arms.  

When I watch myself and another black male stopped because we fit a discription and niether of us look anything alike and all we have in common is that we are black, I really am hard pressed to believe that they got a accurate enough desctiption to be harrasing anyone, let alone groups of people.  If the only description they had was "white male" trust me, I don;t think they would start lining up whites men on the sidewalk( could be wrong, but I have been yet to see it).

Racial profiling  is a problem once they start hindering the rights of people to go about their day normally... That is part of the American way...is it not.

Those stats are ture to the best of my knoweledge.  They don't say that 1-5 blacks commit violent crimes, they say that black people commit 50% of violent crime.  That might mean that 10 black guys committ all of it by themselves or it is spread out the way you said.

Yes they would do a line up of white people on the sidewalk (which is illegal I believe), but it is less likely because most line ups are done for violent crimes and most violent crimes are not committed by white people.  

And the description would very seldom is ever be just "black male" or "white male".  It would be more like "white male, approx 6', driving blue sedan, wearing baggy clothes."   That's how those things usually work.

Guest TheMikeSC

<<<"Blacks make up about 12.5% of the population of America and commit over 50% of the violent crime and over 40% of all murders.  Those statistics suck but they are pretty acurate.  There is why profiling is important.  The police can compile stats and then they know who are the most likely suspects."

You know, I read these stats, but if you take the numbers of violent crimes and murders, and compare to the number of blacks in america, and say they committed 50% of them, you will see that not only is it impossible, it is absolutely ridiculous  You would have to believe that 1 in every 5 black people are going to kill someone or commit violent crime.  It is ridiculous.>>>

No, not quite.

Let's say that we have 10M black men (I know the number if far higher, but smaller numbers are easier to deal with here).

Let's say that 100 violent crimes are committed.

By most statistics, black men will commit 40-50 violent crimes.

That's not exactly an "impossible" feat.  

<<<Most studies and stats usually turn out to be bullshit.  The other variables that obviously affect the findings, but they choose not to state them.>>>

Such as?

<<<If the cops only means to harrass someone is thier race, I suggest doing you fucking job and actually having a basis to come after someone, not because the stats say they might have done it.>>>

If they get a description of a young black male between 25-35---guess what, that's an AWFULLY broad description. Thus, they have to narrow out the pool of possible perps.

They will usually first check out ex-cons. They're the HIGHEST-risk group to commit crimes.

If it turns out an ex-con likely didn't do it---well, then they have to investigate young black males who are in that area---either visiting or residing.  

<<<Me being stopped constantly when my only "crime" is being black is infringing on my rights...What rights, Mike?...the right to not be harrassed unless I did something.>>>

You're stopped, and let me see if I quote this correctly, "constantly"?

I have black friends here in S.C.---allegedly as racist a state as there is (it's not, but hey, we've stopped caring about the perception years ago) and they don't have such a problem.

Do you speed? Do you drive erratically? Is there ANY other possible reason for your constant problem of being pulled by cops (who, believe it or not, don't enjoy doing it because it is just a headache for them) outside of race?

You don't seem to ponder the possibility that race ISN'T the reason.

Let's use the example you used about trying to go to a liquor store. Your pulling in and out of liquor store parking lots constantly when a cop comes by would certainly arise MY suspicion. Doing that makes one think that you intend to rob a store and the only thing stopping you is the presence of that police cruiser. Thus, the cop will CONTINUE to follow you until you get home or leave their jurisdiction.

<<<My not being a criminal, and being a hardworking citizen is what I have done to earn the right to walk down the street, get on the bus, walk through a mall, or eat at a resturant(all situations which I have been grabbed and searched ans questioned mostly because I was the only black or one of 3-4 blacks around) without being harrased.>>>

Guess what? If YOUR mother was raped, killed, or robbed---you sure as heck would want the police to do WHATEVER it took to find the perpetrator and bring him to justice. You're no different than numerous other people.

BTW, as somebody who HAS worked security in the past, I'll go ahead and let you in on a secret---your dress dictates how much you're watched. You go into a store and look decent, we won't pay you much mind.

You go into the store and look like a hodlum (baggy pants, etc), we'll watch you like a hawk.

And guess what---it goes for white and black people. If a white guy dresses in baggy pants and the rest of that get-up, he'll be watched like there's no tomorrow.

If a black guy comes in wearing a suit, he won't be watched at all.

Because he doesn't fit the profile of a criminal.

<<<I am sure that it is a luxery that you all enjoy everyday.  If your right to do these things were hindered without a realistic reasoning, you would be up in arms.>>>

Again, you don't seem to reflect at all about anything you did to bring attention upon yourself.  

<<<When I watch myself and another black male stopped because we fit a discription and niether of us look anything alike and all we have in common is that we are black, I really am hard pressed to believe that they got a accurate enough desctiption to be harrasing anyone, let alone groups of people.  If the only description they had was "white male" trust me, I don;t think they would start lining up whites men on the sidewalk( could be wrong, but I have been yet to see it). >>>

Again, how were you dressed? How were you acting? That tends to generate alarms FAR more than your race, sorry to tell you.

<<<Racial profiling  is a problem once they start hindering the rights of people to go about their day normally... That is part of the American way...is it not.>>>

So, how would you propose the police search for suspects? I mean, unless they know---for a FACT---that you committed the crime, then they, I suppose, shouldn't be allowed to question or watch you---even if you fit a exceptionally broad description (which is usually all police have to go on).

Would you prefer they just LET all of the criminals go so that their investigation doesn't mildly inconvenience you for three minutes?

-=Mike