TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

The next big thing in stadium/arena seating

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Five new luxury suites at The Palace of Auburn Hills, the home to the NBA's Detroit Pistons and WNBA's Detroit Shock, are set to open this fall.

They've already been leased for $450,000 a year despite lacking at least one thing the fan in the nosebleed seat gets: a view of the court.

The underground suites offer exclusive access to the Courtside Club, a leather and wood-finished bar and restaurant where suite-holders and guests can mingle. For those not content to watch the action on a plasma television, the package includes tickets to the front-row VIP section.

Another eight underground suites leasing for $350,000 a year are to open in the spring of 2006. As part of a $23 million Palace expansion and renovation, the project also will add an 800- to 900-person dining area and an expanded food court and retail space on the ground level.

UM. Why pay 1/2 million to watch the game on TV From underneath the arena?

I know the ACC Platinum section is laid out somewhat similar - bars and shit under the stands and stuff. The key thing here is that you DO have seats in the front row if you choose to go out there (and I'm sure that people will). The suite area is more for schmoozing and business and stuff. Assuming that you like going to an arena seemingly in the middle of nowhere to do business.

Actually, that's my main problem with the Palace. It's almost like it's at the center of a 1-mile radius wasteland, yet it's pretty close to some nice areas of Metro Detroit. I never understood that.