TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

Current Title Holders

I was just browsing the WWE Title histories at lordsofpain, and saw that everyone except for Trish is in their first reign with their respective titles.

I thought that was pretty odd that all the first-timers are holding these belts at the same time.

Nothing new!

WWF Champ Rock

WWF IC Champ Shamrock

Woman Champ Sable

Real quick examples

WWF Champion Bret Hart

WWF Tag Champion Natural Disasters

IC Champion British Bulldog

WWF Champion Hulk Hogan

IC Champion Randy Savage

Tag champion British Bulldogs

I was just browsing the WWE Title histories at lordsofpain, and saw that everyone except for Trish is in their first reign with their respective titles.

I thought that was pretty odd that all the first-timers are holding these belts at the same time.

Hurricane has been tag champ before as well. Well that is if you count the tag titles as just that. I dunno how they look at the history of the titles after they split them up in two divisions. I guess the RAW tag title history goes back to whenever the tag titles were created in the early 70's while the SD tag titles go back only to 2002 and Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit.

Actually it is new, since there are 8 titles now instead of 3, and titles changes happen much more rapidly now.

His point was that all the belts are on first timers and this is not new. It seems like it because we've had guys like HHH and Rock repeat as champions so much in the last few years. Go back before 1999 and see the pattern. You forget that there was actually a wcw title lineage don't ya? It's just that they might have caught onto the fact that they need new main eventers and champions after repeating the same ol' thing since 2000. The wwe title's only real fresh faces have been Cena, Eddie, Brock and JBL because Show and Angle already wore those belts under one roof.

Anyways, this will all change come Vengence :lol:

I didn't actually think it was new and had never before. I thought it was interesting. And yes, it is rarer in this day to happen.

And I was counting Hurricane and Rosey as a team never holding the belts before.

Yea, I noticed this a while ago also. But not so much that they were fast time champions, but that they were 'new'. Mainly when I looked at the Smackdown side,

I noticed...damn, these guys haven't even really been with the company 2+ years. Even the WWE Champion. (Yea, he's been there a little more) And with the exception of Trish, that's pretty much true..

And I mean, actually since debuting in WWE, not OVW.

Cena and Batista have been there nearly three years. Hurricane's been close to four. Rosey's been two and a half. Shelton's been more than two.