TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

Vince's mentailty for the ECW ppv (I'm SCARED!!)

I gotte believe Mchahon and company are going to stretch out the ecw angle as long and thin as they can, which means whatever wwe "invaders" there are at this show will get a good garbage brawl beatdown, thus simounously(sic) making ecw look good to a degree while also reinforcing the wwes " ecw is garbage wrestling" stereotype. They could even stretch this out to the survivors series, with team wwe from both raw and smackdown vs team ecw, in a virtual mimic of the alliance invasions survivor series, only heymans boys should win this one.

What the fuck are you talking about?

All that's going to happen is ECW is going shitkick Bischoff and Angle's teams. There is no big angle being planned here. Buildup is smart if they want anyone to actually buy the PPV and want the PPV to be a success. Vince is right in this situation.

The idea of it being possible for the bWo confronting Bischoff's Army at some point to announce "We're Takin Over!" has me intrigued.

Admittedly I was never a big ECW fan in it's day and have become more of a fan after it's death so the idea of Eric Bischoff invading the show (assuming he's dealt with) isn't something that I find sacreligious and pisses me off like it does many others.

My only concern is that while I can easily see Hollywood Nova taking out Maven, I can't see someone taking out guys like Snitsky or General Edge without WWE having to swallow some pride.

Well it's simple: Benoit will take out Edge or whoever. Look, they might let the regular ECW guys take out Tomko or Maven, but it'll be Benoit or Jericho who takes out the big boys.

There have to be repercussions here. Bischoff won't take his humiliation lightly. Don't you think he'll try to punish the Raw guys who participate at the PPV?

Edited by cabbageboy

I hope it's real ECW fans in that crowd instead of WWE marks. I want to see them totally massacre the perversion of the ECW name.

Still, I'd forgive most of the crap as long as it was done like a real ECW show with Styles on commentary and smoke machines being the extent of pyro.

Only one scenario can save this.

*Bischoff is in the ring with his goons-Snitsky, Tomko, etc. He grabs the mic*

"I told you I would kill ECW once and for all! And I was right!"

*Cue 'Natural Born Killaz"*

"Wrong Again! Wrong Again! Wrong Again!"

I'd order the reply, buy the DVD, wear it out, and buy another one if that happened.

Yes I know "New Jack" and "wrestling" are mutually exclusive terms, but the thought of him taking a stop sign and golf club to Tomko's nuts then beating Maven over the head with a computer keyboard while the fans are rioting in the stands makes me smile.

The whole thing is botched anyways. The PPV is supposed to be a nostalgic, feel-good event for the ECW fanbase that was loyal to the product throughout it's history. Instead, it will be the same shitty WWE pay per view that we have seen over and over for the past four years covered up by an ECW name.

The whole RAW/SD invasion concept is ridiculous. What's the point? They don't expect the ECW name to sell on it's own, so they are going to help the buyrate by bringing in a bunch of jobbers? Are people that are considering ordering the show really saying "I liked ECW, but will this be the real thing? Should I order? Oh wait....you mean SNITSKY and MAVEN will be there? Oh man, you couldn't STOP me from ordering.".

Not to mention that on the RAW invaders team is Lita and Snitsky, the man who killed her unborn child. I guess she forgave him? Or maybe the whole thing was a plan so she wouldn't have Kane's baby? Were Lita and Snitsky in cahoots? HUGE storyline possibilities there...

Edited by Angle-plex

Well considering that she just ditched Kane I tend to now doubt she really wanted to have his baby.

I still don't think this is THAT botched. I mean, these Raw and SMDN dipshits won't take up all that much time. It might have a brief bit showing them in the crowd, and then the inevitable fight.

I'd let New Jack take out some bums like Tomko and Snitsky, but I'd feel uneasy if I was Vince having my top guys (Edge, Angle, JBL) in the ring with that nut.

Basically I figure they'll have the purely ECW guys either fight even Steven with the WWE guys or maybe get a slight edge....it'll be the WWE guys on the ECW PPV that are allowed to take down the invading jobbers.

Guest nokia

from pwinsider.com

"There is a lot discussion internally within the WWE ranks about the upcoming ECW PPV, and what I am hearing is not good. Originally, the plan was for the card to be a "true" ECW show, with WWE management largely keeping their hands and non-former ECW workers off the show. Things changed pretty quickly when it became obvious that WWE totally miscalculated how to price and promote the show and set unrealistic expectations for the event.

Internally they, misguidedly, budgeted the show to do 300,000 buys, which is more than the average brand-only show does. Then the tickets for the show, which were priced extremely high, went on sale and didn't sell out, which the company hadn't expected. Even though some people in the company told them that the $400 price tag for the top seats was just too high, WWE management thought that, largely based on the sales of the ECW DVD, there was a demanding fan base that would be willing to overpay for the tickets. Then, the tickets went on sale and they found out they were wrong.

At that point, they decided to move away from the "ECW Only" aspect of the show and add WWE workers to the mix, thinking that would make the show more of a draw. When that didn't work, they were forced to drop some of the ticket prices and now the show will not be anything close to what it was originally marketed to be. The original plan of making it a pure ECW show was thrown out the window, and it's now scheduled to have many WWE workers, from both brands.

In talking to a number of people in the company, some of who worked in ECW and some who didn't, the expectations for the show have gone down considerably. People who were very excited about the PPV even a few weeks ago are now dreading it. Instead of it being run by "ECW people" like Tommy Dreamer and Paul Heyman, it's now a baby of WWE Creative. Given the recent direction of Raw and Smackdown, that has led a lot of people think that the only chance the show has of succeeding will be via the matches."

I still think people are worried way too much about this. Here's one thing that needs to be mentioned: Many of ECW's PPVs really weren't all that great. I'm not sure why but it seemed to me that Heyman would book some of his best stuff on free TV, stuff like that Wrestlepalooza 97 show (another show where WWF guys invaded I might add, or at least Lawler did). I mean, hell that same year ECW had that great show and also the Funk/Sabu barbed wire match...none of which was even on a PPV.

In terms of the previous comment about "This show will either be all time great stuff or total shit" I doubt it'll really end up totally either one. I figure the WWE guys invading will end up being pretty silly stuff, but several of the actual matches could be fun.