TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

Offer To Purchase TNA Withdrawn !!!!

Guest Desperate Housewife

You have chosen to ignore CarnivalizComing. View this post · Un-ignore CarnivalizComing

TNA is screwed. Thankfully. I hope the WWE picks up Punk, Alex Shelley, hopefully the decent heavies like Bobby Roode and Dallas Hoyt and shows everyone how to actually push someone.

Hey! Maybe Jarrett can suck up to Vince and get his old Double J gimmick back, try to weasal onto the booking commitee there aswell.

All I'm going to say is this, Desperate Housewife - you are looking more and more like, again, the typical internet wrestling poster who gives all of us a bad rep, the more you post in this thread. You quite simply dont get what I was trying to state in my long winded post to you, instead just showing ass even more in your response. And now you're now attacking a reputable and unbiased website in PWInsider.com just because they run TNA ads and because you think they just constantly attack WWE? Get a fucking grip on yourself already.

You're attacks on Carnivalz is ironic since you are attacking him for his blindness towards Jarrett, yet you are doing the same thing, only inversely. Gotta love when people are pots calling kettles black.

Answer one question, and I'll go away for a while.

Do you people honestly believe the company will survive with Jeff Jarrett booking and running the company?

MikeSC > Desperate Housewife

I'm suprised a ban hasn't happened yet.

For the last time Jarrett isn't booking nor is he running the company.

Answer me this one question....

Can you read?

Answer one question, and I'll go away for a while.

Do you people honestly believe the company will survive with Jeff Jarrett booking and running the company?

I dont know how many times it has to be said, but Jarrett is at a loss of power currently in TNA. So out of power he in fact didnt get his way and lost the title to Styles (who he outright was refusing to do so until the day of the show but guess what, it happened) and so out of power they (Jarretts) are trying to get the people in their way of complete power again (Panda) out of the company with this whole NWA Ohio/Jim Duggan situation. In fact he had even fallen out of power slowly even when Rhodes was still booking. Do I need to document this via numerous news sources? Fuck, Meltzer, Keller, and the rest has been talking about it alot the past few weeks, as has any many other sites/sources.

Whats your point anyway? Someone said shit like this would not be allowed anywhere but the TNA folder and I tend to agree with that sentiment.

Guest Edgehead

Its a blessing in disguise that this Nelson bloke has not bought TNA. He seems way out of his depth. Any good businessman does not talk about his deals until they are fully official because if it does not come to plan, you look like an idiot.

Whats your point anyway? Someone said shit like this would not be allowed anywhere but the TNA folder and I tend to agree with that sentiment.

Well I like WWE Programming, so I wouldn't talk shit about that.

Could TNA Survive With Jarrett as booker?

Yes, but barely.

They would mostly survive based on the fanbase that they have on their "message board" and based off that, they'll order the PPV's, and buy the merchandise. If they have TV, they'll survive. Don't know how long, it could end up with like ECW. They survived the year, because they also got figures, CD's, and video game. If they turn out stuff like figures (nice amount of $$), it'll end up like ECW. Maybe'll it'll last a year, or it could last 5 years. We don't know, were not psychics. That's my opinion from a normal guys perspective. I thought CarnivalizComing is bad, maybe we could send Housewife to Whiny Bitches?

Edited by Officer Goeman

I don't think CarnivalizComing is too bad really. He is a JJ mark, but that in and of itself isn't too terrible. And he does admitt and discuss problems in TNA relativly ok. He certainly isn't a bizzaro world Housewife though, thank God.

1) Is Jeff Jarrett booking in TNA ?

No, but he still has influence. Maybe not as much as he had before, but he still has it. One should also remember that whether he's booking or not, whether he actively tries to influence booking or not, those doing the actual booking are still likely to consider his position as part-owner of the company, if only because they might not want to ruffle his feathers should he ever regain full power or he and Jerry start another promotion.

2) The 1Wrestling.con guy working for TNA

That is Bob Ryder. He used to be in a position of power in TNA, but a series of events, including letting a bunch of contracts run out without noticing them, has led to his role in the promotion being drastically reduced. As far as I know, his role right now is that of basically being a glorified travel agent.

3) Would you all stop the petty bitching, cease the pissing contests, and try and have an actual civilised debate. Whether CarnivalizComing or Desperate Housewife are being idiotic or not, neither one of them is in any position to call the other on it, because they've both been guilty of ignoring facts and taking threads totally off topic.

HTQ when have i EVER ignored facts?

When was the last time I took a thread off topic without the help of Desperate Housewife?

If you could seriously answer any of those, I'd be fuckin impressed!

Well I like WWE Programming, so I wouldn't talk shit about that.

Point is if someone went into the WWE folder and consistently everytime bashed on the product with very few times even backing up statements (you can think all you want that you are adding valid arguments but more times than not, it's not there) they would get booted rather quickly. Doesnt seem to be the same here.

The Jarrett love is purely fuckin OPINION!

Much like your blind jarrett hate.

so i'm still not impressed.

1) Is Jeff Jarrett booking in TNA ?

No, but he still has influence. Maybe not as much as he had before, but he still has it. One should also remember that whether he's booking or not, whether he actively tries to influence booking or not, those doing the actual booking are still likely to consider his position as part-owner of the company, if only because they might not want to ruffle his feathers should he ever regain full power or he and Jerry start another promotion.

2) The 1Wrestling.con guy working for TNA

That is Bob Ryder. He used to be in a position of power in TNA, but a series of events, including letting a bunch of contracts run out without noticing them, has led to his role in the promotion being drastically reduced. As far as I know, his role right now is that of basically being a glorified travel agent.

3) Would you all stop the petty bitching, cease the pissing contests, and try and have an actual civilised debate. Whether CarnivalizComing or Desperate Housewife are being idiotic or not, neither one of them is in any position to call the other on it, because they've both been guilty of ignoring facts and taking threads totally off topic.

On subject number one, I dont think that is really the case personally. Panda gave the Jarretts how long to get this company in decent financial shape? How much do you allow (which is millions of dollars out of the pockets of Panda) before you stand up to it. Thats what I am seeing recently unless I'm just being overly optimistic about the situation and tired of people using that argument to blatantly never give TNA a chance. Lately the reports I am reading though is that they are very quickly falling out of grace with the heiarchy. D'Amore was apparently decided to head creative due to a non-alliance with the Jarretts. Yes, there are Jarrett backers in Mantel and Borash on the team, but it's not like it used to be. And yes, the Jarretts owns 29 percent of the cpmpany, that is not majority owner, hell not even half owner if you ask me. Or am I missing something there by having 29 percent power in a company? My feelings is that Panda ALLOWED the Jarretts to run the show for so long since 1) They had not one fucking clue how to run a wrestling company and needed to experience through things to get perspective on the situation and 2) Jerry Jarrett is a GREAT business minded man, and can talk a great talk. Recall as well that Jerry said that his grand plan to get things running was hiring Dusty Rhodes and other side cuts here and there. Well it was tried and it didnt work. So he had his chance to prove himself to Panda and he failed.

Ryder is completely out of the company now, IIRC.

Jeff absolutely has influence over booking, even if it isn't direct. Those on the booking committee that are his allies are going to favor him anyway, and those that don't, but are mindful of Jarrett possibly leaving to start another promotion, might book to favor him so as to set themselves up in good stead should actually start his new promotion. I'll be the first to say that Jeff doesn't have ultimate power over booking, or even major power over booking. But to say he has none is being naive.

Since thats a viewpoint I accept - I'm gonna shut up for a while.

Or at least go and ignore everyone who talks shit about the WWE

The ignore feature is such fun. Now I don't have to bother reading the ramblings of lovesick puppies.

that just proves how worthless you are as a mod.

Jeff absolutely has influence over booking, even if it isn't direct. Those on the booking committee that are his allies are going to favor him anyway, and those that don't, but are mindful of Jarrett possibly leaving to start another promotion, might book to favor him so as to set themselves up in good stead should actually start his new promotion.

Who are his allies on the booking team, except for his dad? Are we talking about Dutch "David Young is worth more to us than Jerry Lynn" Mantel and Jeremy Boarash?

Jeff absolutely has influence over booking, even if it isn't direct. Those on the booking committee that are his allies are going to favor him anyway, and those that don't, but are mindful of Jarrett possibly leaving to start another promotion, might book to favor him so as to set themselves up in good stead should actually start his new promotion. I'll be the first to say that Jeff doesn't have ultimate power over booking, or even major power over booking. But to say he has none is being naive.

Never said he has zero influence - I would imagine his allies will no doubt leave with the Jarretts if they leave TNA though due to a personal attachment. As far as if the non-allies go, them being mindful of a potential Jarrett move to a new company and then book him strong, wouldnt logic dictate those people would stay with TNA and with Panda though?

Jeff absolutely has influence over booking, even if it isn't direct. Those on the booking committee that are his allies are going to favor him anyway, and those that don't, but are mindful of Jarrett possibly leaving to start another promotion, might book to favor him so as to set themselves up in good stead should actually start his new promotion.

Who are his allies on the booking team, except for his dad? Are we talking about Dutch "David Young is worth more to us than Jerry Lynn" Mantel and Jeremy Boarash?

Borash and Mantel are it. And Jerry isnt even on the booking team at all.

From your statement about his influence, it just read like you thought he had none is all.

As for who would leave with Jarrett if he went to form another promotion to make himself the star of, I'd say it would be the people who both genuinely believe he should be the top star, because he will be the top star of his new group, and those who have more faith in him and Jerry, and who buy into their spin.

Common sense, however, says that both sides need to get their egos in check, Jeff especially, and realize that for this venture to work it needs everyone to work together, or they’ll never succeed at making any kind of challenge to Vince somewhere down the road.

Yeah most definately on all accounts.

I think a guy like Borash would most certainly jump ship with Jarrett. By nature, when TNA first started and it continued throughout the years, Jarrett has somewhat hired people who he gets along with or did even prior to TNA dealings. Guys like Nash, Jeff Hardy, etc may possibly leave with him due to a personal friendship and/or Jeff giving them chances and even more, a good pay structure while they are/were in TNA. Just wait, we'll have a booking team if the Jarretts leave consisting Jeff, Jerry, Borash, and Kevin Nash. Oy vey!

Edited by RedJed

I like how the TNA folder is just basically one big thread now about the WGN thing and the future/direction of the company.

Exciting times.

Well, without a TV show, and therefore no hype for a PPV (Good work TNA!), what else is there to talk about.

Besides, you and the Slapnuts guy were looking for more discussion here, wernt ya

Well, without a TV show, and therefore no hype for a PPV (Good work TNA!), what else is there to talk about.

Besides, you and the Slapnuts guy were looking for more discussion here, wernt ya

no doubt, it's exciting and boring at the same time.

Well, hopefully nearer the PPV, things will probably pick up. I wish the site would annonce one or two matches though

Slammaversary will get 2 buys

AJ Styles' mother

Dusty Rhodes