TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arnold_OldSchool

OAO SD! Thread 5/2/05

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Jindrak's a heel again? And who was the Molly Holly Look a like?

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

I'm still shocked they push someone Carlito's size

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Andre and Hogan vs The Genius and The Warlord Kinda Equals this match

Lol at the blatant diss of Raw from Cole.

"Next week, a Raw superstar comes over to the GOOD side!"

Is it just me, or was that a split-legged FU?

It was..it was sort of like the Dupree Driver/Michinokou (bah w/e) driver.

Edited by Exslade ZX

Just some quick random thoughts....

This MNM-Holly/Haas feud is ten trillion times better than it has any right to be. The Holly/Haas combo has not impressed me one bit ever until now, showing serious fire against these guys. They all work very well together to say the least, bringing the best out of each other. Praising Holly is taboo, I know, but I can't help it.

The build on this show for the ECW ppv was overall very well done, where as I was very underwhelmed by the stuff they did on Raw for it. The Angle/Tazz segment and the JBL/Nunzio stuff served a purpose well. The vignettes of the ECW guys was real good too, especially the Duds brief promo.

On the inverse, the Booker/Sharmell v. Angle match was one of more uncomfortable to watch matches I've seen in awhile. This is not entertaining and more than anything brings out bad and confusing emotions out of the crowd. People dont know how to respond, as some go wild for Angle's actions (why?), boo Booker, or generally are so uneasy about it all they dont respond at all. Women and children should not have to sit and watch this as its very adult and sexist in nature. Most storylines can get away with walking this fine line in wrestling angles but this goes way over it to me. There is no good way to end this feud so just end it, period. Even though Angle is basically vulnerable to character assasination, this still is something his character does not need, and I would think Angle would be the one seeing that more than anyone. On the flip side, its hurting Booker's pseudo push and just turning him into more of a non-entity in WWE land.

Good to see them at least address the Rey/Eddy feud, but there was no good reason one or the other couldnt have been on the show to keep the feud going consistently.

I dont get why any company, WWE, TNA, or whoever, still do squash matches like the Heidenreich one unless its to introduce someone new perhaps and their moveset.

The squash match has always been to let a guy you really don't want to push THAT hard get some wins on TV. Hell, if you watched Superstars circa 1988 you probably thought Dino Bravo was a good wrestler...he'd squash jobbers.

I'm thinking Angle will be the guy drafted to Raw, thus ending this silly feud with Booker....thus he can simply join Bischoff's brigade of gimps.

I have to admit I loved that footage of Taz punking out Angle at the ECW show in 1996. I'm telling you, Kurt has no idea what he's getting himself into here....does he really want to see the old Taz?

By the way I am not sure of this but my bro said on the Dudleys ad that this ECW PPV is rated TV 14....what the fuck? How can it not be TV M? I expect insane amounts of profanity and blood.

When the fuck did MNM become halfway decent? The ending of the match was hot and both dudes take the Alabama Slam like champs. Haas tries waaaaay too fuckin hard to get over but he did a decent FIP role tonight. I can't believe Holly is still somewhat over despite having the same gimmick for 8 or so years, if not more.

I loved Smackdown!

Always prooves to be an entertaining show if you make a drinking game of how ridiculous and awesome it is.

RAW just doesn't have something Smackdown! does. Maybe it's just because I don't read spoilers anymore. Cole and Tazz... just so great. It's just so 95 for me I guess with the gimmicks.

Well SD! is trying to do something with the Tag Titles now. Putting on some great matches but does this stop WWE from letting Haas go to RAW to receive a singles push just because he's hot in the tag title division with Holly now. And who will MNM's next opponent be?

taken from WWE.com...

Also, Heidenreich made a new friend before winning another match.

...oh how the mighty have fallen... ;)