TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Can the Astros trade for some offense without....

Getting rid of Roger Clemens?

I'm a huge Astros fan, and it pains me to watch the Astros offense. It's just plain horrible, espically when a pitcher like Clemens can completely shut down a team, and he cant even get run support. Carlos Beltran is missed.

But as much as I like for the Astros to get some offense, I would not like to see them get rid of Roger Clemens. In my opinion he is the best pitcher in baseball(But Dontrelle Willis is slowly coming up to take that spot), and trading with would be a great lost.

So what are you guys suggestions, how would this work?

Not a fun year for us Astros fans. The 'Stros are dead last in runs scored this year (by a long shot). Losing Beltran, Kent, and Bagwell will do that to you.

I doubt they'd get a lot for Clemens (relatively speaking). I don't think Roger is really interested in playing away from his hometown and he probably won't be around in a year or two. I can't imagine any team giving a couple of all-star hitters for him.

Their best hope is to cut their losses this year and look ahead for possible free agent signings. They can't do much in the way of trades. At least not anything that wouldn't be counter productive. They can't start trading pitchers because behind Oswalt, Pettitte, and Clemens, the starters are inconsistent. And the entire bullpen sucks except for Lidge.