TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

Dusty leaving TNA "TV"

TNA is expected to announce shortly that Dusty Rhodes has "stepped down" as the promotion's storyline Director of Authority. The decision was made yesterday, although the belief is that Rhodes will be brought back down the line in another role when the "time is right" as one source told me. Rhodes had replaced Vince Russo as the storyline Director of Authority several months ago. He had resigned as booker several weeks back, replaced with a committee of Scott D'Amore, Jeremy Borash, and Bill Banks, among others.

In recent months, Rhodes has been doing a number of corporate speaking events and intends to focus on that as well as working on promoting his autobiography in the coming months. Limited Brands Group, which owns Victoria's Secrets, Express, and Bed, Bath & Bodyworks brought Rhodes in yesterday for a motivational speech for their employees in New York City.

Credit: PWinsider.com

Thoughts?....

And the good news just keeps rolling in.

Seriously, the "Authority Figure" gimmick has been done to death, and if TNA truly wants to be different, they won't bother with it after this. I'm all for a Championship Committee, but I'm just so tired of having the DOA/GM/whatever coming out and getting involved all the time.

That, and Dusty was a shitty booker.

And the good news just keeps rolling in.

Seriously, the "Authority Figure" gimmick has been done to death, and if TNA truly wants to be different, they won't bother with it after this.  I'm all for a Championship Committee, but I'm just so tired of having the DOA/GM/whatever coming out and getting involved all the time.

Everbody thinks this, so why dont they just bring in the Champ Committee already.

Great! Bring on Russo!!!

For the record, I really liked Russo as DOA.