TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

Annoying radio sportscast mistakes

Listening to the NYC ESPN sports radio station and the local 20/20 update guy this morning has been mentioning the fact that Brendan Donnelly is appealing his suspension.

Nothing wrong with that? Well I guess the report that he ripped it from says “LA reliever Brendan Donnelly” because he kept calling him “Dodger reliever Brendan Donnelly.” And this is for about 8 or so updates this morning.

Now what makes this funnier, after the first time I heard the faux pas, the host and a caller talked about the incident and made reference to the Angels and Mike Scioscia. So apparently the update guy doesn’t listen to the show that he is doing updates for!

I think it was the same guy, but same station a few months back mentioned the story about the guy persecuted for sending threatening emails to the Phillies or something like that. Well I guess the AP story or wherever they ripped the story from referred to the guy as a “fanatic” or probably used the pun “phanatic” in the title because the update guy kept calling the guy “The Phillie Phanatic, or the guy in the costume.”

Come to think about it, that changes that story entirely. Instead of an obsessed fan hacking into the Philadelphia Inquirer email system or whatever he did, it becomes the Phillies getting an employee jailed just for sending emails disparaging the Phillies management.

Of course neither faux pas was ever corrected.