TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

So how do I watch Impact?

But at least you can download Real Alternative to watch it, I'll put up the link if someone wants it and I can find the address

The "click and watch" method on Real Player doesn't sound too great to me. That means when I'm waiting for the stream to go all the way to the end while I'm watching the first part of it, my 56K connection might disconnect on me later on and then I'll have to start all over again.

I'd rather have a download link that I can copy into my download manager so I'll be able to watch all of it (not a file that takes forever, though).

Fucking bad idea, TNA.

Here's the official TNA press release:

iMPACT! TO STREAM ONLINE STARTING THIS FRIDAY - iMPACT! ALSO TO BE AVAILABLE IN SELECT MARKETS

(Nashville, TN) June 29, 2005 - TNA Entertainment, LLC announced today a deal with Real Broadcast Network to stream “iMPACT!” online. The first broadcast will debut this Friday, July 1, 2005 at 4pm ET.

The online broadcasts will be available free to TNA Wrestling fans in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.

On Friday afternoon beginning at 4pm ET, fans who visit the TNAwrestling.com website will be provided a link to click on to watch “iMPACT!” in streaming format, much like watching it on television. The “RealPlayer” will be required to view “iMPACT!”. All online broadcasts will be archived for fans to watch at their convenience.

TNA also announced that “iMPACT!” would be available in the following markets:

Sun Sports in Florida: Friday at Midnight

Time Warner Cable of New York City: Tuesday 8PM on channel 94

Augusta, GA: WBEK Saturday 8PM and Tuesday 9PM

Cedar Rapids, IA: KWWF Friday 8PM and Sunday 7PM

Urban America TV: Tuesday 10PM and Saturday 1AM

The complete lineup for this week's “iMPACT!” is as follows:

Sean Waltman vs. Sonjay Dutt, Lance Hoyt vs. Team Canada's Eric Young, Abyss vs. Sonny Siaki, America's Most Wanted vs. Simon Diamond and Trytan, The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs. Alex Shelley, plus, NWA World Heavyweight Champion Raven and TNA X Division Champion The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels. More matches for “No Surrender” on pay-per-view will also be announced!

RealNetworks, Inc. is the leading creator of digital media services and software including Rhapsody®, RealPlayer 10, and casual PC-based and mobile games.

Credit: TNAWrestling.com

It's good that they finally acknowledged that Impact would be replacing Xplosion so that people who get that show but didn't watch because it was just recaps will tune in. Now, all they have to do is beef up the syndicated network. On the plus side, this week's line-up looks good.

Here's the official TNA press release:

iMPACT! TO STREAM ONLINE STARTING THIS FRIDAY - iMPACT! ALSO TO BE AVAILABLE IN SELECT MARKETS

(Nashville, TN) June 29, 2005 - TNA Entertainment, LLC announced today a deal with Real Broadcast Network to stream “iMPACT!” online. The first broadcast will debut this Friday, July 1, 2005 at 4pm ET.

The online broadcasts will be available free to TNA Wrestling fans in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.

On Friday afternoon beginning at 4pm ET, fans who visit the TNAwrestling.com website will be provided a link to click on to watch “iMPACT!” in streaming format, much like watching it on television. The “RealPlayer” will be required to view “iMPACT!”. All online broadcasts will be archived for fans to watch at their convenience.

TNA also announced that “iMPACT!” would be available in the following markets:

Sun Sports in Florida: Friday at Midnight

Time Warner Cable of New York City: Tuesday 8PM on channel 94

Augusta, GA: WBEK Saturday 8PM and Tuesday 9PM

Cedar Rapids, IA: KWWF Friday 8PM and Sunday 7PM

Urban America TV: Tuesday 10PM and Saturday 1AM

The complete lineup for this week's “iMPACT!” is as follows:

Sean Waltman vs. Sonjay Dutt, Lance Hoyt vs. Team Canada's Eric Young, Abyss vs. Sonny Siaki, America's Most Wanted vs. Simon Diamond and Trytan, The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs. Alex Shelley, plus, NWA World Heavyweight Champion Raven and TNA X Division Champion The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels. More matches for “No Surrender” on pay-per-view will also be announced!

RealNetworks, Inc. is the leading creator of digital media services and software including Rhapsody®, RealPlayer 10, and casual PC-based and mobile games.

Credit: TNAWrestling.com

It's good that they finally acknowledged that Impact would be replacing Xplosion so that people who get that show but didn't watch because it was just recaps will tune in. Now, all they have to do is beef up the syndicated network. On the plus side, this week's line-up looks good.

I guess if I still have the Sunshine Network/Sun Sports Network (is that the new name for it?), I'll try to get Impact taped at 12 to watch it the next day or stay up and watch it, depending on how tired I am around that time.

I've got to give TNA credit here. I watched the show at about 4:10 (when traffic will most likely be highest) and didn't have any problems. It didn't even buffer once. So this move was a good one for TNA (the deal with Real) and will be a suitable solution until they get TV. I wonder if it would have worked as well had I been using dial up, but that's the only problem I can really see. And I thought it was a good show. The storylines are moving in a good direction. They did a good job making the left-field Daniels/Williams match make sense and I like the idea of building of Daniels as an international superstar and of building Williams up as the leader of Team Canada. And I'm stoked about the Styles/Waltman match. They did a good job of almost reprising Lynn's role as AJ "tough love" mentor with Waltman and having Lynn involved makes it even better. Even the Hoyt/Rude feud is clicking. I'm sure we'll be seeing a six man either on Impact or the PPV after the Naturals made the save for him. And of course, Raven's promo was gold and got me ready for his match with Abyss. I absolutely loved the fact that the Abyss/Siaki match wasn't a squash. We all knew Abyss was going over, but when they came out, I wasn't expecting them to go more than 1 minute, but I was surprised they went almost 5. It made Siaki look stronger, which they can use as they try to build a midcard around more than Hoyt and Rude, and made Abyss look like a real main eventer by winning a competitive match, which people who don't order the PPVs haven't really seen. This is shaping to be the best overall line-up TNA has put on PPV since probably Turning Point. So all in all, good format and good show TNA!

sweet its up on realplayer now , only took me about 10 secs to start it up. they have last weeks and this weeks, since I missed last week Ill watch that first.

actually Im checking it out right now, as well as playing some of the theme songs from the site, great sound!!

I wonder if it would have worked as well had I been using dial up, but that's the only problem I can really see.

Yeah, it's been giving me problems on dial-up so far with the skipping of the frames throughout the show. I may have to get it taped tonight like I said, or maybe find a download link somewhere (it may not be likely this time around, though).

I was thinking about that because I'll probably be back to using dial-up soon. Well, it's usually available for download on the TNA fan forums. There's a guy on there who's been offering it even when it was still on FSN. I'm sure it'll be up after it airs on Sunshine Network tonight.

yea....gotta find a download link for it. I am stuck with dial-up, so I will be screwed. I will say this. There is a program called Hi Download. It lets you save files that get streamed to your computer. If someone with a good cable connection would do that and share it (maybe a torrent...), that would rule :headbang:

yea....gotta find a download link for it. I am stuck with dial-up, so I will be screwed. I will say this. There is a program called Hi Download. It lets you save files that get streamed to your computer. If someone with a good cable connection would do that and share it (maybe a torrent...), that would rule  :headbang:

really? where can I find that, I do have a cable connection so that sounds interesting. the best I could do was put the episdoes on my fav list on real player, which means I have to be online to view them.