TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MikeJordan23

Big Raw Rating

They just waited until the actual segment was over, because once it started, they were curious if Viscera was going to really do anything to the wannabe divas. Oh, and crowd booing is enthralling as well. If a segment is so bad that the crowd is outright booing it, I usually stay tuned just for the reactions.
And that's not really a good thing. Some people complain about the ratings for segments like this, and yet they do the same thing. If you don't like the segment getting a good rating, common sense says turn the channel, because you're only making the viewership bigger. (I don't know how the Nielsen thing works or whatever, but you get the point, don't complain that a lot of people are watching..when you're watching too.)

If it's all about the T&A, then why don't segments with Trish skyrocket the ratings? She's much more entertaining that the wannabes are, and she's hotter too.

Yea, but when's the last time it was a sure thing you were gonna see Trish in the middle of the ring strip down to her bra & panties? It's obvious Trish is no longer "T&A". She doesn't even show off, barring the occasional cleavage. So it's not the same thing.

Guest Ransome

On a further note, WWE's official press release on the ratings jump (from 411):

WWE®'s Monday Night RAW® Scores Huge Ratings Jump

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 29, 2005--This past Monday saw WWE's Monday Night RAW on Spike TV achieve a coverage area rating of 4.4, delivering a viewership of more than 5.9 million viewers. RAW has seen its ratings for 2004-05 season steadily rise, and the show has posted an overall ratings gain of about 3 percent compared to last year on one of the most competitive nights on television.

Monday night's rating was the highest since RAW earned a 4.5 rating on March 22, 2004. The overall household delivery was the largest since more than 4 million homes tuned in to RAW on April 22, 2002. The Persons 2+ delivery of more than 5.9 million was the largest since September 10, 2001. Week-to-week, RAW was up 38% among Males 12-17, 31% among Persons 12-17, 21% among Males 18-34 and 25% among Persons 18-34.

"RAW is building ratings momentum," said Kurt Schneider, Executive Vice President, Marketing. "Our fans are now connecting in a big way with some of our newer Superstars, and we continue to feature classic storylines, unpredictable plot twists, such as through our WWE Draft, the surprise returns of Legends such as Hulk Hogan, and interesting reality contests, such as our RAW Diva Search. It all adds up to one of the most entertaining first-run programs on television this summer, and people are catching on."

Clearly, they're construing quick fix returns and the "interesting reality contests" as the reasons for the ratings jump, so get ready for them to overuse those to death until the ratings plummet in 3 weeks time once again.

I might be wrong, but haven't the opening segments been getting the lowest ratings for a while?

One of the things that the Monday Night Wars taught me is that the opening segment will a) be someone talking, rather than something actually happening and b) be replayed ad nauseum throughout the show. No reason to tune in at 9:00 on the dot; you'll still get to see it at 9:15, and 9:45, and 10:30.

If it's all about the T&A, then why don't segments with Trish skyrocket the ratings? She's much more entertaining that the wannabes are, and she's hotter too.
I have to disagree with the "hotter" part ... Trish facially does very little for me, and the way she pushes up her rack doesn't wow me. I know I'm in the minority with this, but if you'd said Victoria instead of Trish, I'd have agreed whole-heartedly.

And am I the only one that thought the Viscera thing wasn't funny in the first place? Let alone week in and week out.

Guest Fishyswa

How suprising, a segment based purely on T+A featured on a show that cater's to male's between the ages of 12 and 30 get's a high rating....

How is this even news?

On a further note, WWE's official press release on the ratings jump (from 411):

WWE®'s Monday Night RAW® Scores Huge Ratings Jump

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 29, 2005--This past Monday saw WWE's Monday Night RAW on Spike TV achieve a coverage area rating of 4.4, delivering a viewership of more than 5.9 million viewers. RAW has seen its ratings for 2004-05 season steadily rise, and the show has posted an overall ratings gain of about 3 percent compared to last year on one of the most competitive nights on television.

Monday night's rating was the highest since RAW earned a 4.5 rating on March 22, 2004. The overall household delivery was the largest since more than 4 million homes tuned in to RAW on April 22, 2002. The Persons 2+ delivery of more than 5.9 million was the largest since September 10, 2001. Week-to-week, RAW was up 38% among Males 12-17, 31% among Persons 12-17, 21% among Males 18-34 and 25% among Persons 18-34.

"RAW is building ratings momentum," said Kurt Schneider, Executive Vice President, Marketing. "Our fans are now connecting in a big way with some of our newer Superstars, and we continue to feature classic storylines, unpredictable plot twists, such as through our WWE Draft, the surprise returns of Legends such as Hulk Hogan, and interesting reality contests, such as our RAW Diva Search. It all adds up to one of the most entertaining first-run programs on television this summer, and people are catching on."

Clearly, they're construing quick fix returns and the "interesting reality contests" as the reasons for the ratings jump, so get ready for them to overuse those to death until the ratings plummet in 3 weeks time once again.

Most competitive nights on television? Well...wouldn't that sort of be a reason for the higher ratings, seeing as everythings over...Shows like 24 (I think), NBA, The Inferno, etc have all ended for the time being..so pretty much nothing else is on television now even if one did want to watch something else.

"the show has posted an overall ratings gain of about 3 percent compared to last year on one of the most competitive nights on television"

Wow. 3%.

Yet, IIRC, on average their PPV buyrates are declining, save for WMs, and their house show attendance is awful.