TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

Gilmore Girls on DVD

I love the "I'm upset, not suicidal" line. The "rules" of the characters and their quirks on this show are very consistent.

This show is addictive. Not in the "I need to see what happens next" kinda way, but more "it's a drug and I need a hit" kinda way".

Guest Askewniverse

I feel ashamed...I can name every character in RRR's sig.

This show is addictive.  Not in the "I need to see what happens next" kinda way, but more "it's a drug and I need a hit" kinda way".

I agree. I was hooked after a few episodes. I didn't expect much when I watched my first episode, but I was pleasantly surprised. The show has some kind of charm to it.

A lot of the scenes mentioned earlier can't be fully appreciated unless you actually see them. I didn't think much of the "poor bunny" line or the "...the fat one" line at first, but when I actually watched the scenes, I liked them. One of my favorite scenes, which hasn't been mentioned yet:

(Rory and Paris run inside to avoid pouring rain)

Girl: "Is it raining outside?"

Paris: "No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot!"

If I had one word to describe Gilmore Girls, it would be "charming". I don't think any of my favourite shows have that charm to it - it's escapism at its finest. The funniest lines, for me, are all delivery. "Poor Bunny" taken out of context, or said by anyone else, wouldn't be funny at all.

Paris is one of my favourite characters - so very mean.

There are lots of reoccuring "things" in the show.

- The Godfather

- Dirty~!

- Zagats

...hmm, I know I can think of more. Is this due to poor creativity, or the writers pimping various things, or just character consistency?

Guest Askewniverse
Paris is one of my favourite characters - so very mean.

Paris has provided some of my favorite moments on the show. Brad's reaction to her in the debate episode was gold.

Now that I think about it, I like most of the characters on the show. The only characters that have annoyed me lately are Lane and Dean.

I'm tempted to go out and buy the DVD sets, but I'm not digging the price tag. For now, I'll stick with watching the show on TV. According to the schedule, the dead uncle episode is going to air on Monday.

I'm half way through episode 14 in Season 4 and you know that charm? IT'S ALL GONE!

This episode is nothing but shit hitting the fan. I. CAN'T. BREATHE. This is wrong. Just wrong. Absolutely wrong. They can't do this to me - I get way too emotionally invested in television shows, I can't handle all this bad stuff. It's the episode where Lorelai and Rory aren't able to talk to each other and are leaving messages on their respective cells, and the Inn is having some financial problems, and Sookie and Lorelai just had a fight because Lorelai is doing all the work and Sookie is too busy looking after her baby, and Tom almost cried.... TOM! How can do they do this??! Lorelai looks to be asking Luke for a loan and I am afraid Luke will say no... one of my favourite moments in this show was Luke offering to put up money to help save Lorelais house, so imagine what him saying no will do to me?!

... More on this as it develops.

Ok, the scenes at the dinner table and with Dean and Luke sorta made up for it. I feel a lil bit better now that I've weathered the storm. Emily taking great pleasure in Richard talking back to Trix was certainly the highlight of the show. I like how the Rory and Lorelais situation mirrors each other and how the phone messages went from being really light and fluffy at the beginning to being almost non-existent by the end, and that they are having communication problems. They did a really good job in making it seem like the world was ending and I might have to watch this show again to see how they built the tension and the downfall of the characters. The warm and fuzzy ending (though in no way a resolution) was fitting after the very cold episode in general.

Season 4, Episode 15

Luke gave her the money! How does Luke have all this money???

Speaking of which, how does Rory have all this money? She doesn't work, yet she always has money.

Oh, and add "Lord of the Rings" to the constant mentionables along with Sylvia Plath.

Guest Askewniverse
Speaking of which, how does Rory have all this money?  She doesn't work, yet she always has money.

Richard and Emily? An oversight by the writers?

Michel has been ruling it in the past few episodes.

Sookie: "Here you go. Low-fat, whole wheat blueberry pancakes."

Michel: "Are there twelve?"

Sookie: "Twelve what?

Michel: "Blueberries. I can only have twelve blueberries for breakfast."

Sookie: "Or what?"

Michel: "What do you mean, or what?"

Sookie: "What happens if you eat thirteen blueberries?"

Michel: This is a silly conversation.

Sookie: "Would you die?"

Michel: "Just hand me the plate."

Sookie: "Only if you won't count the blueberries."

Michel: "I won't."

Sookie: "Swear. Raise your right hand and say, may Destiny's Child break up if I count the blueberries."

Michel: "Pick another group."

Sookie: "Nope."

Michel: "I hate you. Hate you!"

Michel: "I’ve been running around this stupid square for over an hour."

Rory: "Why?"

Michel: "Why? Because the plan was to drop the CD at nine o’clock."

Rory: "No, it got changed to ten. I told my mom, and she said she’d pass it on. She didn’t pass it on, did she?"

Michel: "Definitely not."

Rory: "Oh...well, the mission was a success."

Michel: "Yes, my cardiologist will be thrilled. Ah! I’ve got a cramp! Cramp!"

Rory: "Can I do anything for you?"

Michel: "Ah! Get away from me, you evil girl!"

Rory: "But..."

Michel: "Never will I do anything for you again. Ever, ever, never!"

Rory: "Well, if it makes you feel any better, you had really good form."

Michel: "You truly are your mother’s child."

Rory: "Thank you."

Guest *KNK*
Season 4, Episode 15

Luke gave her the money!  How does Luke have all this money???

Speaking of which, how does Rory have all this money?  She doesn't work, yet she always has money.

Oh, and add "Lord of the Rings" to the constant mentionables along with Sylvia Plath.

Rory is the granddaughter of very rich power couple in Conn...

I'd figured you would be able to figure that out.

The losing its "charm" was totally neccesary to continue the build to the finale of season 4 which is an absolute doozy.

Guest *KNK*
But Lorelai doesn't want either her or Rory taking money from her parents due to the many strings attached to said money.

Does Jess come back in later episodes??

Yes, Jess returns

Not sure if it was season 4 where he returned however, it was a one-off return.

Guest wildpegasus

Cool little tidbit of information I picked up on deathvalley

Crud, just realising I'm forgetting this. Uh, I think the outside of the diner is the same place where they shot the original Dukes of Hazzard TV show. Something like that.

Guest wildpegasus
The addition of the fitness freak roommate to the cast is much welcomed by me.  Good lawad is that a nice bottom.

I'll make sure to check that out tomorrow when I'm watching. You know I always have to keep up with that sort of thing being an exercise fan and all. My research never comes to an end. Oh well.

Holy Shit, Holy Shit, Holy Shit.

Richard Gilmore is the motherfucking man.

Just finished watching the 18th episode in Season 4. The one where Jasons father -Richards old boss- sues the two for stealing clients. Good God. That was pure awesome.

Guest Askewniverse

I'm getting towards the end of Season 2. I finished watching "Dead Uncles and Vegetables." Lorelai's answering machine message, Lorelai using "diner talk," the town meeting (dirty!), and the Louie stories were great.

Kirk: "He kicked my dog when I was a kid. Poor Toto was always different after that."

RRR, wait 'til you get to Season 5. From what I've seen so far, some major stuff happens.

Guest *KNK*

I don't know how RUDO will react to Season 5.

Such a difference is made after season 4's finale.

Guest Askewniverse

Lane: "How are you doing, Kirk?"

Kirk: "Great. I'm loving this blackened Cajun bread Luke made for me. I didn't even ask for it."

Lane: "It's burnt toast, Kirk. You don't have to eat it."

Kirk: "But I'm loving it. And look, I've been mixing black ash with the runny eggs. Goes great with the fishy-tasting bacon."

Guest wildpegasus

I'm hooked. I now love this show.

Kirk has really grown as a likable charactor to me. The "I have a girlfriend", "My girlfriend" and any other line he uses about his girlfriend never, ever gets old.

Oh man, that thing with Jess at the end of the episode is heart-breaking.

*Jess asks Rory to leave everything behind to be with him*

"No no no no no"

"Don't say no just to get me to shut up, only say no if you really mean it"

"No"

*Jess turns around and leaves*

These are my LIVE thoughts on the Season finale.

After Lorelai and Rory talk about Luke early in episode 22 (season 4 finale), there is -quite possibly- THE GREATEST FEMALE SLAP STICK EVER.

*Update*

The Dragonfly Inn looks marvelous.

No DEAN No!!!

*Update*

THE DOOR~! Lauren Graham is the QUEEN of Slap Stick~!

Oh and now I say "LUKE DANES~!" everytime Luke shows up.

*Update*

Whoa Whoa WHOA WHOA WHOA. Dean and Rory on her bed. WHOA WHOA WHOA.

*Update*

LUKE! KISS! FUCK YEAH! WHAT *ARE* YOU DOING??!

BED! UNDONE! RORY! DEAN! FUCK! YEAH!!!

*Final Update*

That's like the weirdest cliffhanger-that-wasn't-a-cliffhanger. This show is GREAT at doing those, where they manage to leave you wanting more but they also give you what you want.

Guest Askewniverse

I should stop watching Season 5 episodes, but I can't resist. I haven't even finished Season 2 yet, so I'm probably leaving myself open to spoilers from Seasons 3 and 4. But I don't know how things work out the way they do, so I can't complain. Any particular episodes I should look forward to in Seasons 3 or 4?

After Lorelai and Rory talk about Luke early in episode 22 (season 4 finale), there is -quite possibly- THE GREATEST FEMALE SLAP STICK EVER.

Tell me more.

And you'll probably need some sedatives or something for Season 5, if your last few posts are any indication. Some things are bound to drive you insane...and I still have 6 episodes left in Season 5.

It's hard to explain the greatness that is Lauren Grahams slapstick, but the basics are everytime she is around Luke she runs into something, or falls down. It's HILARIOUS. Best physical comedy this side of Kirk.

I am getting the impression that Rory becomes a whore in Season 5.

- Episode 3.2, 3.3, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, (great string of shows) 3.13, 3.17, 3.18, 3.19, 3.22

- Episode 4.2, 4.3, 4.7 (just for Kirk), 4.9 (HUGE episode), 4.14 (my agony episode), 4.16, 4.17 (my *ahem* episode), 4.18, 4.20, 4.21, 4.22