TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

HD: Axel Promo, Axel vs. Gunner

COLE
Welcome back to his HUGE edition of OAOAST HeldDown!  As you may have heard on that evil internet, Axel last week was in Japan working a HI-YAH show, defending his title in the main event against Kenta Kobashi.  We have a short clip of the finish of that match for you folks now, and then we may hear from the champion about his future.

*HeldDown Logo flashes over the screen*

We cut to the match with a shot of both men on the mat, with the referee at the count of eleven, because those wacky Japanese companies have a twenty count instead of the American ten.  Kobashi is the first to his feet with Axel soon following.  

Kobashi backs the champion into the corner and delivers four stiff chops to the chest.  Kobashi then brings Axel out to the corner and connects with a hard forearm to the jaw, but Axel comes back with a forearm of his own!  Then another!  A third!  Irish Whi by Axel on Kenta Kobashi, Kobashi comes off of the ropes, ducks a Harlem Side Kick, Axel turns around... LARIATOOOOOO!!!

ANNOUNCERS
LARIATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

With the crowd going crazy, Kobashi yells at the jam packed Tokyo Dome that this may be the end for Axel.  Axel gets to his feet, is grabbed from behind by Kobashi, who drills him with the HALF NELSON SUPLEX!!

ANNOUNCERS
HALF NELSON SUPLEXOOOOOOOOOO~!~!~!

KOBASHI COVERS!

ONE!!!!

TWO!!!!!

NO!  Axel kicks out before the three, and the Japanese crowd give a healthy applause.

Kobashi once again shouts to the crowd that he is looking to end the match, and this time locks the champion in a front face lock, looking for his patented Brainbuster!  The crowd cheers in approval, and Kobashi tries to get Axel in the air, but Axel won't budge.  He tries again, but no luck!  The OAOAST Champion then lands a shot to the stomach of Kenta Kobashu, which causes the former GHC World Heavyweight Champion to lose track of what is going on for a second.  Axel then reverses the front face lock, picks Kobashi up...

...BRAINBUSTTTTTTTAAAHHHHH!!!

"UWAHHHHHHH!"

Axel then signals for the end!  The OAOAST champion grabs Kobashi, picking him up in a Reverse Death Valley Driver position for the Axel Slam... but Kobashi rolls off!  Axel turns around.. LARIATOOOOOOO!

"OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

ANNOUNCERS
LARIATOO!  Kobashi Ken-TA Moonsault!

Yes indeed, Kobashi is going for one of his 5 finishers, the Moonsault!  The Japanese legend climbs to the top rope, and flies off, backflipping in the air...

...BUT AXEL MOVES!!!!

"UWAHHHHHH!"

Axel grabs Kobashi and hoists him over his shoulder for an Inverted Piledriver that he calls...

...DARK ROYALTY!  COVERRRRRRRR!!!  THE PEOPLE COUNT ALONG!

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

"UWAHYEAAAAHH!"

Generic rock music starts up in the background because HI-YAH can't afford to pay Mudvayne, as Axel is handed his championship belt.  The referee raises the champions hand, as we go back to ringside.

*HeldDown Logo flashes over*

COLE
Great, hard faught win there to Axel in a match that went over thirty minutes in the Tokyo Dome last Thursday night.

[b][color=red]BABOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!![/color][/b]

JR
I feel like I jus' got Bar-BE-Qued!

CABOOSE
Could you please get a new damn line?

"Death Blooms" hits over the loudspeakers as the crowd welcome back the OAOAST Champion to HeldDown.  Axel steps out of the curtain, title belt in hand, wearing black suit pants, a red shirt, and a black leather trenchcoat.

COLE
Well we are now being joined by that very man who beat Kobashi last week, our champion, the one and only champion, Axel!

Axel walks halfway down the ramp and stops, pointing to both sides of the crowd, and striking the Crucifix Pose, setting off a huge explosion of pyro~!

BOOM!

Axel steps into the squared circle, grabs a microphone, and begins to speak straight away, his music dying down.  There are some boos mixed in with Axel's usual cheers however.

AXEL
You know, last week, as you may have just seen on the AngleTron, or sitting at home watching HeldDown live, I got the opportunity to face a man who I had admired for years in Japanese Puro legend, Kenta Kobashi.  I got the call from OAOAST Management the day after The Great Angle Bash, saying that HI-YAH wanted to book me on the Main Event of their next show in an OAOAST Championship Defense.  I jumped at the chance.  I mean, realistically, who wouldn't?  Kobashi is a legend.  A bona-fide legend in the world of professional wrestling.  So, I said yes.  The only catch was, the show was last Thursday, so I had to miss last weeks HeldDown.  

Axel stops as some fans begin booing this statement, but Axel soon explains himself.

AXEL
I didn't like missing a show, but I had recieved a challenge from Kobashi, and a call from management, so I accepted it.  I apologise to all those in the Mall of America who were hoping for an appearance, but the fact of the matter is, I was not advertised for the show, nor was I booked on it.  So, I had the opportunity to face a legend, and I did so.  But your champion is back boys and girls, so get ready for the ride of your lives!

"YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHH!"

The fans decend into 'AX-EL! AX-EL' chants, and the champion responds to these by raising his title high into the air, and enticing another sizeable pop from the crowd.

AXEL
After the HI-YAH show last week, I watched a delayed replay of the HeldDown show, and with the calibre of show that those OAOAST Superstars in the back put on in my absence, I have to congradulate each and every one of them for doing brilliantly.  In fact I called Rodez a couple of days ago and left a message on his answering machine, congradulating him on he big win against Drek Stone.  I've got one thing to say, Leon, you're a great wrestler, and I have no doubt that you will hold this belt I have in my posession someday.  So well done to everyone in the back for a great show.  They all knew that I wouldn't be around, and they stepped it up a notch, and delivered.  Everyone was cool with me being in Japan, as far as I know no one had any heat with me about it.  So, you can imagine my surprise when I get to the building a short time ago, go to my lockerroom, turn on the monitor in the back, and see none other than my opponent for AngleSlam, Hoff...

Mild cheers for the number one contendor...

AXEL
..Yes, please, Hoff!  Everyone, cheer, thats right.  Anyway, you could imagine my surprise when I see Hoff come out to this very ring, and call ME out on not being here last week.  He called me out.  Hoff called Axel out on not being at HeldDown.  Now, two weeks ago, Hoff came out here, I came out here, and we shook hands.  It was clear then, that we respected each other.  But now, not so much.  You see Hoff, you can come out here and spout out your little catchphrases, I think they are very entertaining.  "Welcome to the Future" and all that, its great, you need catcphrases to be cheered, thats fine.  We all need our little manerisms and movements to get pops from the crowd.  Me, not so much, but you, yeah!  People love your catchphrases, its great, keep up the good work.  Hoff, you can come out here and say all that, get the crowd all worked up for you, you can beat Drek Stone, you can win BattleBowl.  You can do it all Hoff.... and I will respect you for it.  I never stopped respecting you Hoff.  But tonight, when you came out here, and you called me out for not being here last week, well Hoff, thats showing nothing but disrespect.  And I could even let that little indescretion slide, I could!  I would!  But you had to go further, didn't you?  HUH?  YOU HAD TO CROSS THE FUCKING LINE!  You want to call your number one contendorship the real World Title?  You want to say that you are going to defend it for the people?  The fuck is that?  You spit on my title reign as well as my integrity?  WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU SELFISH SON OF A BITCH!

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!"

AXEL
You fucked up Hoff.  I was willing to be the bigger man, to respect you, and to do all the promotional shit leading up to AngleSlam, bill the match as two friends going up against one another for this belt, the most prestigious belt in the business, but no, you had to cross the line.  You spat on me, you spat on this belt, and you spat on this company with your earlier words.  Since AngleMania, every single time I have defended this belt, I've done so for the fans, and for this company.  Buyrates have sored, merchandise has sky-rocketed, and the OAOAST is as popular as ever.  So don't you ever.  EVER. Disrespect me like that again.  You've got that defense with Some Guy later tonight?  Best of luck.  Because I know it'll be an honor to face Some Guy at AngleSlam.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!"

Axel begins to leave the ring, but suddenly 'Sick' by Dope begins to blare over the speakers, a tune that is seldom heard in the OAOAST of late.  Out from behind the curtain comes none other than Gunner Sharps, the 7-foot monster that has been both a partner and an enemy of Axel in their storyed careers.  At the moment, the latter is true.  The big man asks that his music be cut, as he has a microphone already in hand.

GUNNER
Hey Axel, remember me?  The guy who used to go up and down the roads with you?  The guy that had your back for a year?  Before you sold out to these people, we were tight!  We were like brothers for christs sake!  Then you screwed me and Crystal over by selling out to everyone and going into business for yourself.  You call Hoff selfish?  Well that may be, but so are you!  You're the most selfish bastard I have ever met!

AXEL
Guns, you're rambling.  Do you have a point?

GUNNER
My point is that its about time someone SHUT YOU UP!  Its about time I SHUT YOU UP!  I want you, tonight, in that very ring!

AXEL
You want a shot at me?

GUNNER
Your damn right!

AXEL
Hmm... ok, you got it!  Tonight, live on HeldDown, it's going to be Gunner Sharps in this very ring, challenging myself for the OAOAST Championship!

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

AXEL
You like that?  Thought so.  It'll be a pleasure to kick your ass tonight!

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!"

The two men have an INTENSE~ staredown, as "Death Blooms" begins once again.  Gunner heads to the back, and Axel soon does the same.

COLE
Well after some strong words from Axel on his AngleSlam opponent, just like that we have an OAOAST World Heavyweight Championship match scheduled for tonight, with Axel efending the title against former running buddy Gunner Sharps!

CABOOSE
We've certainly had a war of words tonight between Axel and Hoff.  Both men have put their respective titles as champion and number one contendor on the line tonight.  Who is going to come out on top?

COACH
I think now one will certainly be looking to outdo the other.  Both men have very tough opponents tonight.

COLE
They certainly do!  We'll be right back!

I screwed da people. Again.

COLE
We are back LIVE~ on HeldDown Ladies and Gentlemen, and what a contest we have for you right now!  The OAOAST Championship will be on the line in just a few moments, when Gunner Sharps challenges his former friend and partner, the OAOAST World Heavyweight Champion, Axel!  Lets send it down to ringside, where Michael Buffer is ready!

*DING DING DING*

BUFFER
The following contest, scheduled for one fall with a one hour time limit, is for the One and Only Anglesault Thread WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

CUE: "Sick" by Dope

The heavy bass riff starts up as the entrance way is showered with boos.  Gunner steps from behind the curtain to greet the crowd, storming down the ramp and into the ring.

COLE
The big man is focused tonight!  He wants to be the OAOAST Champion!

BUFFER
Introducing first, the challenger.  He stands seven feet tall and weighs in tonight at three hundred fifty pounds.  A veteran who is feared all over the world, and a man who has the most dominant presence in the OAOAST.  The master of the Sharp End Spear.  From DEEEE-TROIT Michigan.... GUNNNERRRRR SHAAAAAAAAAAAARRRPPPSSS!!!

Gunner punches his chest ala Rhino, and runs back and forth across the ring to warm up.  "Sick" dies down, and it is soon replaced with the Metal tune of "Death Blooms" by Mudvayne.  The crowd come alive as they wait for the arrival of their favourite.  As the singing begins, Axel steps into the arena to a monsterous pop!

BUFFER
And his opponent, weighing in tonight at two hundred fifty-eight pounds, he is the only man to hold both the One and Only Anglesault Thread and HI-YAH World Heavyweight Championships, and the greatest wrestler to ever come out of Australiasia!  The Master of the Axel Slam, he is YOUR Reigning and Defending OAOAST Heavyweight Champion of the WOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRLLLD... From Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.  THIS! IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXELLLLLLLL!

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!"

Axel takes his trenchcoat off and steps straight into the ring, OAOAST Championship shining around his waist.  He takes this off and raises it to the crowd, causing the fans to let out a huge cheer.  Axel then gives the belt to the referee, who shows it to Gunner, and raises it to show to the crowd.  Giving the title to the timekeeper, the ref calls for the bell.

*DING DING DING*

COLE
And we are underway in this OAOAST Title match!

Axel and Gunner immediately charge at each other and lock up, like two bulls trying to get position.  Gunner, being taller and much heavier, backs Axel into the corner, causing the referee to call for a break.  Gunner obliges and backs out of the corner, but not before taking the advantage with a knee to the midsection, causing Axel to clutch at his gut in pain.  Gunner follows this shot up with a stiff shot to the forehead, followed by another to the stomach.  Axel stumbles out of the corner, and Gunner this time makes his intentions clear, coming off the ropes, and landing a forearm to the spine of the champion, sending him to the mat.

COLE
Gunner using his power and perhaps a bit of cunning to get the advantage early in this contest.

Sharps brings Axel to his feet and scoops him up, before slamming the champion hard on his back.  Gunner follows this up by running to the ropes, charging, leaping into the air, and landing a stiff, hard knee drop, right to the face of Axel!  The crowd let out a sigh after seeing this move, as the sound of knee on skull echoed around the arena!

COACH
Gunner hasn't actually wrestled a one on one contest for a significant period on HeldDown.  He too has been frequenting HI-YAH in the last six months, as well as accompanying Crystal to the ring.

COLE
True Coach, he has been successfull in Japan, winning the newly initiated HI-YAH Super-Heavyweight Championship on two different occasions, and having some titanic battles with Yoshihiro Takayama over the title.  It was here that Gunner honed his skills in strong-style wrestling.

CABOOSE
He certainly did Michael, and he demonstrated this right there.  Axel's title reign my be in big trouble by the way Gunner looks tonight.

Gunner follows this up by picking the champion up again in a gutwrench, before dropping him down over the big mans knee for a backbreaker!  Axel writhes around on the mat in pain, and Gunner covers, but just gets a one count.

COLE
Big power move by Gunner!

Gunner mounts the champion, and starts teeing off with big right hands.  Axel tries to cover up, but the big man is too strong for the champion.  Gunner lifts Axel to his feet again, this time standing behind the champion, and landing two hard forearms right into his back, followed by Gunner burying the point of the knee into his spine.  Sharps picks Axel up for a Sidewalk Slam, but gives him a spine-shattering backbreaker!  Gunner holds on to Axel, and drops him again for a second backbreaker!  Then Gunner lifts Axel higher, spins around, and drops him over both of Gunner's knees for a third backbreaker!  Cover by Gunner Sharps!

ONE...

TWOOONO!  Axel kicks out at the count of two, signalling that he is far from done yet.

COACH
Does anyone else think that Gunner is much more aggressive and much more focused tonight?  We haven't seen him in real action for months, and this is his first OAOAST Championship shot, so do you think he has been preparing for this for a lot longer that we believe?

CABOOSE
Definately.  He's been planning this for a long while now.  I don't like the guy because he and Crystal are on the side of Drek Stone, but I'm staying professional.

COLE
For once.

CABOOSE
Shut up.

Gunner picks the champion up, who at this time is clutching at his back.  Irish Whip by the big man, Axel comes off of the ropes, Gunner tries a tilt-a-whirl, but Axel slips down his back, and delivers a neckbreaker!

COLE
Nice counter by Axel

Axel, still grabbing at his back, gets to his feet just as his opponent does so.  The champion lands a European Uppercut, torquing Gunner's head backward.  Front face lock applied by Axel, who jumps in the air, and lands on his knees, giving Gunner a modified neckbreaker!  Axel then lifts the big man up, and pushes him into the corner, before opening up with right hands, chops, and open palm strikes of up to 25 in total!  With Gunner reeling, Axel runs to the ropes, comes off, and floors the big man with a Harlem Side Kick!  Cover by Axel!

ONE...

NO!  Gunner kicks out before the referee can even count two.

Axel picks Gunenr up to his feet straight away and signals ten fingers to the crowd, before beginning a barrage of European Uppercuts!

ONE!
TWO!
THREE!
FOUR!
FIVE!
SIX!
SEVEN!
EIGHT!
NINE!
TEN!

...EVENFLOW DDT!  COVER!

ONE...

TWOOOONO!  Gunner kicks out once again at two, although he is shaken up from the attack.

COACH
Ten European uppercuts in a row from Axel, he is really working on Gunner's neck!

Axel continues the punishment on Gunner by connecting with solid right hands.  A big upercut later, and the champ is on fire!  But whats this?

COLE
Wait a minute!

COACH
Can't we have one match without interference?

...ITS CWM!

Axel turns around, and right into a POLLYCUTTER!

*DING DING DING*

COLE
Wait! NO!  CWM just ruined this OAOAST Title match!  But why?

BUFFER
Ladies and Gentlemen, your winner by Disqualification, and STILL OAOAST CHAMPIONNNN.. AAAAAAXEL!

"BOOOOOOOOOOO!"

CWM stands over the fallen champion and smirks, before leaving the ring.  Axel, who has just come to, shakes the cobwebs out, and looks up at his attacker, wide-eyed.

AXEL
YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?  HUH?  YOU DIDN'T GET ENOUGH LAST TIME I BEAT YOUR ASS?  COME ON!  COME ON!!!!

COLE
Axel is furious!  This was beginning to be a great match, and a great title defense for the champion, but CWM ruined it!  Why?  I'm sure we'll find out!  We'll be right back!

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

Sign in to follow this