TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rawmvp

Commericals for SummerSlam advertise 5 matches

Guest rawmvp

PPV commercials for WWE Summerslam which are airing in certain markets are advertising the following matches:

- Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels

- Batista vs. Muhammad Hassan for the World Title

- John Cena vs. Edge for the WWE Title

- The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

- Triple H vs. Ric Flair

This was the expected card, but the Hassan/Batista match is likely off now due to WWE planning to drop the Hassan character entirely due to all the recent controversy around him.

Credit: PWInsider.com

To take that a step further, that was the planned card as of about a month ago. Obviously a lot of things have changed and the only thing that still be staying the same is Hogan-Michaels.

The commercial holds no merit to what is now planned. Kind of a pointless thread since I think most of us knew the initial plans anyway.

Guest rawmvp

If these commercials were being aired a month ago, then why is Pwinsider reporting this now?

I didn't know Cena vs. Edge was the original plan.

If I'm Edge I'd be pissed about this....not only does he not get the WWE title match at SS but he's going to have to face the guy whose chick he was fucking on the side. Can't say I'm saddened by it though.

If I'm Edge I'd be pissed about this....not only does he not get the WWE title match at SS but he's going to have to face the guy whose chick he was fucking on the side.  Can't say I'm saddened by it though.

Well, to be fair, Hardy lost out on a Wrestlemania paycheck and then lost his job, as the guy that fucked his girlfriend got the paycheck, won the match, and got a title shot good for one year.

PPV commercials for WWE Summerslam which are airing in certain markets are advertising the following matches:

- Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels

- Batista vs. Muhammad Hassan for the World Title

- John Cena vs. Edge for the WWE Title

- The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

- Triple H vs. Ric Flair

This was the expected card, but the Hassan/Batista match is likely off now due to WWE planning to drop the Hassan character entirely due to all the recent controversy around him.

Credit: PWInsider.com

This is so bogus. Hassan is off SD. We all know that Cena is facing Jericho. And we know nothing off HHH or Flair.

Only Hogan-Michaels and UT-Orton (IF fit) will materialise.

EDIT: And most probably Orton isnt fir cause they are going to go the Batista-UT route due to Hassan being off TV.

If I'm Edge I'd be pissed about this....not only does he not get the WWE title match at SS but he's going to have to face the guy whose chick he was fucking on the side.  Can't say I'm saddened by it though.

Gonna create a thread about starting a "Edge must die!" club too?

Edge will still get the title shot (he still carries that briefcase to remind people of that fact), it just won't happen on a card that would be sold on HBK/Hogan and other stuff. They'll likely wait for an Edge title shot for a Raw-only PPV (Unforgiven possibly).