TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest thebooker

if you could book any period ever?

When was Dusty in the WWF? :S

He showed up after he got fired for blading heavily on television after a Turner mandate that banned blood from their shows. He was around from the summer of 1989 until Royal Rumble 1991 when he and Dustin lost Dibiase & Virgil.

I wouldnt describe Lex Luger as a big superstar  and then not go on to mention Sting.

Lex Luger mainevented for almost a year against Ric Flair in 1988 and had a very high profile feud with Ricky Steamboat in 1989. Sting was a minor player until the very tail end of the timeframe we are talking about. He broke out with the draw agianst Flair at Clash of the Champions, but didn't become a true main event until the end of 1989 when he asked Flair for a title shot and got turfed from the Horsemen. Then he got injured. The best thing that Sting did in this period was feud with Muta over the TV Title.

Wouldnt not doing a weekly show be a cop-out though? Surely, the build would add to the excitement. 

There were still weekly shows with storylines, but they were much simpler and most of the matches were of the star/jobber variety.

Silly me, I forgot about Team Dream at the Rumble. :bonk:

8-) Lex Luger has never had star potential in my eyes. Upper midcard at best.

^o) Star/jobber variety is really great to watch isnt it. Especially when you always know who the winner is.

^o) Star/jobber variety is really great to watch isnt it. Especially when you always know who the winner is.

I don't mind it, as long as we get a semi-entertaining match. Hell, I think the only WWE show that has been worth watching lately has been Velocity. I'd much rather see Christian beat up some random OVW guy than Eddy yap about being Dominic's father. And if you watch long enough you will get to recognize a lot of the jobbers as they make several appearances. Usually you would get a semi-competitive main event too, like Brainbusters/Young Stallions or Honky/Dusty or something like that.

I don't mind it, as long as we get a semi-entertaining match. Hell, I think the only WWE show that has been worth watching lately has been Velocity. I'd much rather see Christian beat up some random OVW guy than Eddy yap about being Dominic's father. And if you watch long enough you will get to recognize a lot of the jobbers as they make several appearances. Usually you would get a semi-competitive main event too, like Brainbusters/Young Stallions or Honky/Dusty or something like that.

I tend to disagree, especially if upsets dont happen. Yes, I recognise the jobbers too. But if its your cup of tea, then fair enough.