TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMA

If the fans ever turned on Cena

Guest MugumboMcgee

WWE will have some big problems if the crowd turn him heel. As long as Cena keeps his 'chain gang' happy with comments like 'real recognizing real', I'm sure he will remain a face for months to come.

Guest Zarock

What about Hurricane? I mean, right now he's in a pointless on-and-off again feud against the Hearthrobs, but I doubt that'd be too hard to get out of. Given the right booking, he could have a run as the #1 face, couldn't he?

I'd love that. But there's more chance of Trish being pushed as top face.

Guest JMA
What about Hurricane?  I mean, right now he's in a pointless on-and-off again feud against the Hearthrobs, but I doubt that'd be too hard to get out of.  Given the right booking, he could have a run as the #1 face, couldn't he?

It would take a lot of work for WWE to get the fans to see Helms as a threat. He'd need an entirely new gimmick and wins over credible opponents. Even then it would still be a tough sale.

What about Hurricane?  I mean, right now he's in a pointless on-and-off again feud against the Hearthrobs, but I doubt that'd be too hard to get out of.  Given the right booking, he could have a run as the #1 face, couldn't he?

Way too small to be taken as credible on the RAW show.

Plus, he's not even that interesting. It would take about three monts of a top-level push before he got as stale as Rikishi. In fact, I'm sick of him already. I don't want to see Helms on my TV again until he has a new gimmick.

Guest JMA

They need to give Helms a Scientologist gimmick, with Stacy being his brainwashed girlfriend.

Yanno, they really DO need to make the two brands more separate. The writing teams need to compete! They need to have the room to turn up the heat and not have to fear ruffling the feathers of the opposing brand. Let Cole and Tazz talk shit about how great they think SD is. Let them talk about how exclusive (and great) the cruiser division is. Ross and Lawler can go n about all the top stars being on RAW. Etc. Etc. That kind of attitude will feed in to the storylines and feuds and elevate that much more so things like suspension of disbelief isn't such a problem.

I don't know how on again off again it is. They have been consistantly wrestling each other! However it isn't even presented as a feud its "just another match" with these guys.

Guest Zarock

Wow, I guess now would the time to quickly save face and say that I was just throwing Helms out there since he's the only "reasonable" mid-card face that wasn't mentioned. But yeah, he's too scrawny to compete for the WWE Title, and his current gimmick is far too goofy.

"You could get Helms to be a believable IC title contender within a few months."

CCC came to Raw and won it in one night.

Helms wouldn't need jack to be a "believable" IC contender if CCC is believable except to make his offense look a little stiffer and get rid of that crappy "Shining Wizard."

...well, come to think of it, he doesn't still have those braces in, does he?

Anything higher than IC--he's gotta bulk up.