TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest thebear

Erich kulas death

Guest thebear

I'm almost in tears as I write this. I just got home, and I found out one of my favorite wrestlers in the whole world died. Mass Transit (AKA Erich Kulas) has passed from us... I'm still trying to hold back tears...

The man was a wrestling god, from his workrate, to his locker room bravery (Lying about his age to Paul Heyman so Heyman could fill his card).

I'm not sure what I'll miss most from the young almost definite future WWF champ. There was his 2 year ECW Television Title Reign, his participation in the Four Tag Team Ladder matches in the WWF over the last few years. His series of 5 star matches with Ricky Steamboat, especially the one at Chi-Town Rumble...

Or the Bloodbath that was Gangstas against Him and Axl Rotten. He takes this kid off the streets (Axl Rotten, who lied about his age and training to get on a show) then gets busted wide open. He nearly lost his life that night, but was back in the ring with A ECW Title Defense against Shane Douglas two nights later.

And who can forget him leading the Hart Foundation in the summer of 97. He had really refound himself, until he had been screwed over by vince mcmahon.

Him being the First big ECW'er to jump to the WWF, and his leading the alliance in the summer or 2001.

Just thinking about his awesome matches, and incredible work ethic, interview skills and stamina, brings a smile to my face, knowing he's in a better place now.

God Rest His Soul.

to the ALL TIME BEST Philly Wrestler OF ALL TIME and the man who defines ECW, Erich Kulas (Mass Transit) we salute you...

Guest muswp1
Or the Bloodbath that was Gangstas against Him and Axl Rotten. He takes this kid off the streets (Axl Rotten, who lied about his age and training to get on a show) then gets busted wide open. He nearly lost his life that night, but was back in the ring with A ECW Title Defense against Shane Douglas two nights later.

You need to reword this...It sounds like Axl was the one who lied to Paul about his age and training when it was Erich that was the newcomer with no training (in the incident that almost killed ECW and any hopes of getting it's first PPV, BTW).  Also you neglected to mention how he died.

MAn i hate that new jack bastard. he tried to kill the best talent wrestling has ever seen mna. i wuz their man, i saw the whole thing. the guys dad was in tears watching his songet killed, but mass tranist just kept going man. i hated new jack ever sicne then.

mass trnsit had more gutz then any of those bastards today. he didn't need trainng to be the best, he just was. the bear got it all right man, mass trinsit made wreslting what it is today.

i cried when i heard the newz too brothr. i couldn't help it. but we gotz to be strong. mass transit wouldve wanted it thatb way.

i still get shudderz when i think of how he chokeslammd alfonzo...aweome stuff. and that scaffold match when he knocked dreamer off, then climbed to a higher scaffold, and jumpd on dreamer for 70 feet up. then transit got up and walked to the locker room. it was amazing.

and too think, we'll never be able to see his picture-perfect double-inverted spinning thunder dragon driver ever agin...it makes me sad just thinking about it.

i;m gonna go watch the video of the last time he hit it, winning the ajpw tag team titles all by himself. he was such a trooper.

peace out guyz. pray for mass transit, a real fallen idol.

Guest thebear

I'm almost in tears from those touching words...

To think of all he did, at such a young age...  A Statue of Atlas at a mere 251...

Although those damn smarks always talked about how he held hogan and undertaker down...

Guest Ace309

Maybe Erich Kulas was part of one of the most infamous incidents in the history of wrestling, but he *was* a person too.

Thanks for shitting all over an actual, honest-to-god person whose family, I'm sure, is very broken up over his death.

I'm not going to say we should glorify him just because he's dead, and I'm not going to say he was any good. I haven't even seen the match (because, frankly, I find everyone's morbid curiosity with it a bit disturbing). But seriously, how would you feel if someone you were close to died and people started making fun of him?

God. Fuck you.

Guest thebear

I know, I apologize profusely, because I failed to mention his stunning Ladder Match win over Razor Ramon at Summerslam 95

Guest bob_barron

Sad news this week as Eric Kulas died. He cut himself shaving.

Guest One Bad Apple

You need to reword this...It sounds like Axl was the one who lied to Paul about his age and training when it was Erich that was the newcomer with no training (in the incident that almost killed ECW and any hopes of getting it's first PPV, BTW).

Really, moron.  You must've missed all the parts where the other moron was talking about all the matches Kulas had with Ricky Steamboat.

Is this for real or is this like that 'Tribute to Sid' thing?

I wish I could say ... pretty hard to tell!

Very strange you seem upset enough about Davey Boy's passing, yet you're cracking jokes about someone else's.  Even nasty jerk comics like Dave Coulier don't do that.

Hey ... I remember you.

You started those "WHAT?!" chants at MSG, didn't ya?

Well ... you said you did.

But I doubt it.

You only wished you did.

To be cool, huh?

Yup ... you sure are cool.  

So ... so very cool.

Guest dreamer420
I'm almost in tears as I write this. I just got home, and I found out one of my favorite wrestlers in the whole world died. Mass Transit (AKA Erich Kulas) has passed from us... I'm still trying to hold back tears...

The man was a wrestling god, from his workrate, to his locker room bravery (Lying about his age to Paul Heyman so Heyman could fill his card).

I'm not sure what I'll miss most from the young almost definite future WWF champ. There was his 2 year ECW Television Title Reign, his participation in the Four Tag Team Ladder matches in the WWF over the last few years. His series of 5 star matches with Ricky Steamboat, especially the one at Chi-Town Rumble...

And who can forget him leading the Hart Foundation in the summer of 97. He had really refound himself, until he had been screwed over by vince mcmahon.

Him being the First big ECW'er to jump to the WWF, and his leading the alliance in the summer or 2001.

Just thinking about his awesome matches, and incredible work ethic, interview skills and stamina, brings a smile to my face, knowing he's in a better place now.

God Rest His Soul.

to the ALL TIME BEST Philly Wrestler OF ALL TIME and the man who defines ECW, Erich Kulas (Mass Transit) we salute you...

not very funny dude.  he was a living person that died so you might want to show some compassion.  make you come across as a real jackass.

He was never IN the WWF. These false statements of him being in the WWF were brought forth in a poorly executed joke by thebear. He only had that one appearance in ECW, where New Jack cut him open, and that was it... except for maybe a few indy bookings.

I did have a chuckle at that, however. So tasteless, and so wrong, but I thought it was remotely funny.

Guest bob_barron

What I said was sooo wrong but it just popped in my head and I had to say it.

I started the What chants at Smackdown in MSG. Rent the new tape Stone Cold- they show a clip of it.

Dave Coulier??? Dont be dissing Joey Gladstone.

Guest RetroRob215

Very strange you seem upset enough about Davey Boy's passing, yet you're cracking jokes about someone else's.  Even nasty jerk comics like Dave Coulier don't do that.

There is nothing wrong with mocking the dead.  We all mock people while they are alive, so why is their death an excuse to stop?  Unless they are the kind of person who deserves respect like Lou Thesz or Wahoo McDaniel.  Eric Kulas was not like Lou Thesz or Wahoo McDaniel, so he's fair game.

Guest dreamer420

a human is a human though.  you can't show respect to the dead based solely on their pro wrestling skills.

Guest RetroRob215

I'm not basing it on wrestling skills.  Kula's was an idiot, not because he sucked in the ring, but because a. he lied about his age, b. allowed New Jack to blade him.  

You are right, a human is a human, but just because someone dies doesn't mean we have to start saying nice things about them.  Death is not a reason to praise someone who you never praised before.

Guest Ace309

Death is also not a reason to write long, contrived mockeries of that person. Yes, Kulas was stupid to do what he did. I don't think there's anyone in the world who would agree to let New Jack blade him.

If it were common practice to regularly post topics mocking Mass Transit, fine. No reason to stop the regularities of the board over his death. However, I saw absolutely no reason for the original post. It was in horrible taste and it was completely unnecessary. Just let the kid be.

Death is not a reason to praise someone who you never praised before.

so whyz it that when british bulldog and owen die suddnly they where everyones favorite wrestler?

Guest Redhawk
We all mock people while they are alive, so why is their death an excuse to stop?

Very good point, man. I have to give you props for that one. Just because someone died doesn't mean they're all of a sudden "off-limits." No one on here pretended to like -- although some may have felt sorry for -- Mass Transit. Don't front now.

Guest benoitrules2000

So because someone is dead, no matter what type of person they were, we should show respect?

Just because adolf hitler's dead we should remember him as a great human being?

Fuck that and fuck you!

The guy was a fucking dickhead and should be remembered as such!

Guest dreamer420

Holy, what a flamer.  Anyway I just don't think it is very cool to bash someone that has died, only for the reason that they can't wrestle and lied about their age once.  You all seem to have a serious hate on for Eric Kulas, and it isn't justified.

Who gives two fucks about Kulas? Other than his family, who honestly cares about the feelings of someone they don't  know? No one here's met the guy, and no one here ever will. Lighten up, people.

Who gives two fucks about Kulas? Other than his family, who honestly cares about the feelings of someone they don't  know? No one here's met the guy, and no one here ever will. Lighten up, people.

And yes, I am an insensitive asshole.

Let me explain: I wouldn't make fun of how he, or anyone within the last few years, died. Poking fun at his life is another matter. I feel for the Kulas family, but the bear's post was all in fun.

Guest Redhawk

I heard he had a heart attack, which is very odd since he was only 22 years old.

Guest dreamer420

If David Smith jokes starting popping up on this board, what would your reaction be?

Guest Redhawk

If Davey Boy Smith jokes were around BEFORE he died, what should be the problem if they "pop up" AFTER he died? In fact, I would expect more Smith jokes than Kulas jokes, as Smith provides more material and he was more popular. The same goes for Owen Hart.

In all three cases, in fact, you could at least partially blame the wrestler for his own death, which provides for even MORE jokes. Davey Boy abused himself for years with steroids and paid for it. Mass Transit was like 400 pounds, which contributed to his heart attack. And I'm sorry, but if the WWF wanted me to come from the rafters like that just for some lower-midcard match with the freakin' GODFATHER, I'd tell them to think of something else.

I bet if Bin Laden died, you'd have a joke or two.

Death is a part of life, and sometimes we joke about it. Why do you think they have the Darwin Awards?

Guest Human Fly

"I bet if Bin Laden died, you'd have a joke or two."

I think comparing Bin Laden's potential death and Eric Kulas is apples and oranges. Kulas didn't even have 15 minutes of fame. If Bin Laden died Letterman and Leno would be making jokes. I've got no problem with the jokes, but I think others don't like it because they feel it is in poor taste especially since he just died. Bin Laden is a worthless human being who deserves everything that's coming too him and if people want to make jokes about it I'll encourage that.

Guest Anorak

It must have been his unique use of language or something but Newjackhater's post was far funnier than Bear's was. If you plan on disrespecting the dead then at least have the respect to make it faintly amusing. 'Dead' jokes are usually most offensive when they are not actually funny. Its a shame when anyone dies so young and i'm sure nobody here takes any 'pleasure' in the kids death, its simply an excuse for a gag based on what most people remember him for.