TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

My AWA

Are you sure you're not thinking of Phil Hickerson?

Phil Hickerson became PY Chu-Hi (I think), the world's fattest, most round-eyed Japanese wrestler. He fueded with Embry for control of WCCW, which Embry won and then re-christened it USWA.

And LC25 ... I had no idea Embry changed his name to anything else. He might have done it after I stopped watching wrestling, but he was always Embry when I was watching.

AWA All-Star Wrestling Results (07-01-1989):

Also should I let Eric Embry win the TV Title fast or take it slow...or just let him lose and then he does something else, maybe Face turn.[/i]

Just saw this question ... I agree with LC25. Have Embry win it soon, by cheating, and then have Gagne chase him for the belt.

(except then you'd have all heel champs, right? Maybe keep it on a face for now, just to avoid having heels be too dominant too early.)

AWA All-Star Wrestling Results (21-01-1989):

The show starts with a Larry Zbyszko interview. Larry says tonight they are having a 10 Man Battle Royal for the no.1 contendership. Larry says whoever wins tonight will get the beating of his life.

(79)

Southern Rockers (Rex King and Steve Doll) d. Destruction Crew in their AWA debut. Rex King hit Bloom with a Crossbody for the win.

(64)

AWA Television Title

Greg Gagne © d. Dallas Page with the Sleeper to retain the title. After the match Embry tried to ambush Gagne again but Gagne dominated Embry with right hands and then he locked Embry into the Sleeper.

(69)

Pat Tanaka d. Brad Rheingans with help from Paul Diamond. After the match Bad Company tried to demolish Rheingans but Ken Patera came to the aid of his buddy.

(68)

Stunning Steve Austin d. Mr.Saito clean with the Steve Stunner. It seems Saito is becoming a jobber for the big boys but that's probably because he's 40.

(70)

Wahoo McDaniel won the 10 Man Battle Royal also involving The Trooper, The Rock, The Night Stalker, Johnny Smith, Kokina Maximus, Jerry Lynn, Black Tiger, Ken Patera, Paul Diamond when he managed to somehow clothesline Kokina out of the ring.

(55)

=====

I decided to say to Mr.Saito even if he's really over: screw you. He'll be jobbing to the big boys from now on. Problem with AWA now is that I can't put everybody on TV every time cause now where were the Texas Cowboys? This means it'll take longer for the fans to get used to them. It's annoying but I'll have to live with it until I get another show or I go to PRIME TIME BABY.

Question: Should I push Steve Austin to the top immediately or just take it slow?

We got a 1.04 rating for 'All-Star Wrestling'!

The attendance level was 517 people.

We made $10340 from ticket sales.

I'd go relatively slow with Austin. I think having him team with an older veteran heel, and then turn on him to make the vet a face, is the best way to propel him up the card.

And this might be a dumb question, but do you get to pick the winners in these matches, or is it automatically generated? I ask because the Destruction Crew seems to be big jobbers at this point ... and I thought that they could be a legit tag team.

I book everything mate. Thing is I want the Southern Rockers to have a good debut and The Texas Cowboys are being pushed as the best tag team in the AWA. The Destruction Crew will always be seen as a 'destructive' tag team anyways. I think I have a good tag division now. If you want me to make the Destruction Crew 'better' again I can do it somehow.

No, no worries on the D.Crew being jobbers. Just more of a curiousity than anything else. Like you said, you can always spin them back to something worthwhile when you need to. And, like you said (again), you're wicked deep in the tag ranks, so you don't need them to be super strong.

AWA All-Star Wrestling Results (29-01-1989):

AWA Television Title

Greg Gagne © d. Jerry Lynn in Gagne's best match in a long time. He made Lynn give up to the Sleeper.

(70)

Lumberjacks (Scott Norton & John Nord) made their AWA debut but Norton also made his wrestling debut. Lumberjacks d. The Texas Cowboys by using a steel chair while the referee wasn't looking.

(65)

Interview with Wahoo McDaniel. He says he still feels like a 20 year old guy and he's going to make Larry Zbyszko suffer for what he has done to be the AWA World Champion.

(71)

Triple Threat Match

Konnan d. Black Tiger d. Tommy Jammer in a nice Triple Threat match. Konnan made his real debut and he won the match with a Flying Cross Body onto Jammer. Konnan played a happy rapping Face.

(62)

Kokina Maximus d. Chris Chavis clean with the Bonsai Drop. Maximus has been jobbing a lot for a man of his size lately so this is a way to get back some credibility.

(63)

6-Man Tag Team Match

The Trooper and the Olympians (Brad Rheingans & Ken Patera) d. Larry Zbyszko © and Bad Company. The Trooper locked Paul Diamond in the Ankle Lock and he had no choice but to submit. After the match the Olympians attacked Pat Tanaka and The Trooper made it clear to Zbyszko he wants the AWA World Title as well.

(70)

=====

Question: Should I have Wahoo McDaniel fight Larry Zbyszko at the next PPV which is Night of Champions on February 26 or just have him fight Larry on a normal TV show?

We got a 1.06 rating for 'All-Star Wrestling'!

The attendance level was 519 people.

We made $10380 from ticket sales.

AWA NEWS

'The following birthdays occured this month: Jonny Vegas (27), Pat Tanaka (40), Wahoo McDaniel (50), Konnan (25), Johnny Smith (22)'

'We made $1800000 off merchandise this month'

'USWA's Legends of Pro Wrestling has been promoted to a prime time slot'

'Wahoo McDaniel has decided to become a 'non wrestler'!'

'We have recieved interest from UPN!'

=====

I'M GETTING A NEW TV SHOW WHOOOO! I did NOT expect this at ALL. They expect high ratings but I'm almost at National level. I'm on the early evening slot YAY.

Question: what should I call the show? :huh:

I'm a big fan of alliteration in names, so something like Wednesday Night Warriors works well.

And another (potentially) dumb question: did you decide for Wahoo to retire or did the game that you're using? It's just strange that he quit just days after saying he felt like a 20 year old and while in a world title feud.

I know it's bit stupid but the game did it. He turned 50 so mmyeah....this leaves me with a big problem tho. He can't wrestle on normal shows anymore , only on PPV and he's the no.1 contender but the PPV is on February 26 which is 3 weeks away and I got 6 shows to fill before that...

I agree with The New Pope's suggestion ... have a show start with footage of Zbyszko attacking Wahoo in a parking lot (or somewhere other than in the ring) and then have him call out Wahoo each week. Each week the drama rises, "will Wahoo even make it to the PPV?!?" ... and the last show ends with Wahoo making an appearance saying, "See you at Night of Champions".

Of course, a build like that would normally lead to the face winning ... but I'm sure you could come up with some workaround for that.

Where did you get the AWA data file from? I'm a big EWR fan but I want a change from the usual stuff and was looking for something like this

share, share :D

I don't know where I got it from cause I've had the data for longer then a year, maybe even two years now. But I CAN send it to ya on msn if you want.

The debut of AWA Wednesday Night Warriors is coming!

New question ladies  ::: I want to debut a new midcard title. 1) is that a good idea? I have the wrestlers for it and the tv time, 2) if the answer is yes what should I call it?

Thanks

Ladies?!? All this help and you show your appreciation by calling us ladies?!?

Use the TV Title ... it actually existed and thus would make sense to use in EWR.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

AWA had many titles.... the Americas title was the unofficial #2 belt in the 85-86 time bracket.

They also had many belts like the Memphis belts listed as "AWA Southern Tag Titles"

Ah, yeah, I kind of spaced the TV belt ... I was so taken aback by mocking us by calling us ladies (or just fucking up our genders) that I brain-farted.

The Americas belt would work, but there's not much of a "foreign menace" to defend it against. That belt always seemed to work best as a belt for Slaughter to carry in lieu of giving him the world belt.

How about either a "North American Title" or "International Title"

It actually didn't really bother me that much ... (I wouldn't have kept posting/contributing if I was actually bothered.) so no worries.

Do you have enough Europeans to have a European belt?

Being mostly limited to the US and all - maybe a Southern Title to compliment it?

I doubt you've got the risk level for a "Brass Knucks" title, which is kinda like a Hardcore title of the time

And while I appriciate your offer I do not have MSN - I do have a mail add if you could mail it to me?

hmmm maybe I could do my own AWA and we can compare notes?