TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nudist with a Bomb

Y2J will win at NWO...

Guest Nudist with a Bomb

They have been doing alright with the title reigns lately and seem to be putting forth the effort to keep the Undisputed title something really special.  With that being said and the fact that HHH will win at WM ... why would they give Steve a one month reign.

Another reason is that we all know Vince wants to blow his load with an Austin Hogan match as soon as possible ... what better date than WM.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Jericho will absolutely win at No Way Out.

Austin has to be kept open for some shitty NWO matches at Mania.

I have already started praying that I don't have to watch HHH end Mania with a Title win.  That would be really gay.

Guest Tony149

I was thinking, the WWF should have Jericho win a NWO after the nWo cost SCSA the match. The at WM have Steph help Jericho win his match with HHH. Then have HHH win it at Backlash in a Cage match. Where after the match the nWo beat up HHH in the Cage setting up HHH/Hogan for the WWF Title at Judgment Day. I would use most of the money matches Hogan has left soon. Before the nWo angle gets stale.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

The question is how to do you want Wrestlemania to end.  With HHH winning the WWF Title.  Or with Hogan squashing Austin.

Guest Tony149

I have no idea how I would want WM to end. I guess with the nWo doing something. Since Vince brought them in for a lot of money. I say use them now before fans get bored with them.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I want WrestleMania to end with Y2J celbrating his victory...grabbing the mic and saying that the only thing that hurts this moment is that it had to happen in Canada...(Yes I know he is FROM Canada...but he is a heel) Then a returning Benoit comes in and attack him.

Setting up Benoit/Jericho at Backlash.

Let the nWo fued with top WWF guys...WITHOUT the title.

Jericho can hold it for a while and defend against guys like Benoi/RVD/Booker T/Angle.

We all know that the nWo won't put anyone over...so use there "Star Power" to draw ratings and buyrates...but use the title to elevate people.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

"I want WrestleMania to end with Y2J celbrating his victory...grabbing the mic and saying that the only thing that hurts this moment is that it had to happen in Canada...(Yes I know he is FROM Canada...but he is a heel) Then a returning Benoit comes in and attack him."

I would like that too, but lets be realistic here.

Guest Tony149

I still think Hogan is getting a run with the title at some point. I say do it soon because most know, unless the WWF finds a way to be creative with the nWo, the nWo will get stale.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I thought this new era of WWF was called "DESIRE"

What the fuck do Hogan & Nash have to do with that?

Guest Big McLargeHuge

They "Desire" big paychecks and power, don't they?

I'd like to see Jericho winning at Mania. I just don't see it happening, though.

Guest Tony149

They have nothing to do with "Desire". Out of all the nWo guys, the one who has the money matches in him is Hogan. That's why I say get every penny out of him now before nobody cares.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

For some reason I can see Jericho winning at Mania.

HHH winning is kind of anti-climactic.  

Like Austin at WM 15.  Anyone think Rock would win that one?

"8 months of hell" to the WWF title at Mania?  I wouldn't be very impressed.

Guest Tony149

I think most see HHH winning the title at WM. I still think it's a good idea to let Jericho "shock the world" with an upset win over HHH at WM.

Guest Sakura

Do you guys think Jericho should win because it would make the most sense in the storyline or because you like Chris? Honestly?

Guest Tony149

I think it makes sense storyline wise. The PPV after WM is called "Backlash". I think Jericho winning with help from Steph sets up Backlash very well.

Guest Sakura

Ok, assuming that Austin loses at the ppv the storyline going into Wrestlemania is that Game came back from a "career threatening injury", fought his way past 29 other guys at the Rumble, beat Kurt to keep his shot and had to deal with Steph trying to stop him all for a shot at the Title which he hasn't held for almost 2 years. So he goes into Wrestlemania agianst the evil, cheating Jericho and......loses. If anything is anti-climatic it's that ending.

It's a given the nWo is going to be part of the other big match, probably even a Double Main Event. They pretty much have to go over. If they lose their first match at a major event they won't look like much of a threat, now will they? That said, isn't it going to be kinda messed up when the nWo wins their main event and then HHH loses in his?

I like Jericho and I like him as Champ, but it won't kill him to do the job at WM. I think it would make a lot more sense to have the nWo beat whoever in the second to last match, then have Jericho lose clean in a hard fought match letting the face have the story book ending we haven't seen since WMXV.

As for Backlash, the name can mean anything. Why can't it be for Jericho's rematch against Game or repercussion from the nWo angle?

Guest Tony149

I agree, it could mean anything, but I think the fans would pay and hope to see HHH kick Jericho's ass after HHH gets "screwed" out of the Title at the biggest show of the year. I'm talking like a booker for some reason.

hhh is just going to be a transistional champion for hogan anyway.  Hogan has to get the belt for the nwo faction to "get respect".  Every great big heel faction has done this, hbk on dx, flair on the horseman, and hogan on the nwo.  The leader needs the title, and I am sure they will follow formula with this one as well.  BTW the only time that formula wasn't used was with the dangerous alliance, but it would have if they didn't kill it so quickly.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

jericho will win no way out, no way they are going face-face again, and angle is nowhere near over enough.  however, in order, for jericho to beat hhh, logically the wwf must prevail over nWo, due to the send the fans home happy logic, after all, we cant have hh, rock and austin all losing at mania.  if this happened, the nWo angle would be dead in the water before it even begins.  while the nWo themselves do not need the title, they need to target the champ in order to destroy the wwf.  thus, hhh going over, while not what i would personally hope for would be the most logical conclusion, and also allow storyline progression past wrestlemania.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

i think so.  his reaction has been getting bigger every week.  also, mania is in canada, so if jericho does some cheap heel schtick before the match, the crowd will be all over him.  also a win over austin will make the fans think, "gee, i really wanna see this bastard lose."

also, by giving hhh the title to fued with nWo, we get an awesome uppercard scene, where we have angle, jericho, benoit and booker t, who should put on some awesome matches.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

If they do have Jericho retain at WM17 (and have HHH win at Backlash) then it shouldn't be the main event, they can do it similar to WM8. Make the main event Hogan vs. Austin or Hogan vs. The Rock or something and have the WWF guy win.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

but thats the thing, if the wwf wins vs nWo, the storyline is over, as the cancer is beaten.  everyone will say, how can i take these guys seriously if they get beaten in their first ppv.  it just flat out kills the angle, and leaves us with 3 old farts and no easy vehicle to include them into storylines.

Guest Tolwyn

Well first a few opinions from me

1) The WWF/WCW Title does not belong in the NWO group.The statement that it should be is contradictive to the idea the NWO kickin' some Flair @ss.The NWO should not care about titles but about the ppl who 'are' the WWF meaning Rock & Austin and maybe HHH.

2) The nWo should win their first matches. This establishes the faction something they failed to do with the WCW/ECW thing.It looks like thewse matches take place at WM18.

3) This whole nWo thing needs to be handled without senseless turns.Look at Austin&Angle for instance in the invasion angle. Storywise this s*cked really hard.Keep the nwo contained to Nash,Hall &Hogan and MAYBE scott steiner as he is a monster heel if givin' the chance.

Based upon these points I have to conclude that if the WWF are a bit gutsy they have the NwO feuding with HHH,Rock&Austin without some title at stakes. That means that HHH wins at No Way Out,the NWO cost Austin his title. In between No Way Out and WM18 the nwo squash the big three. and at WM semi-ME Jericho retains over HHH only to have Austin pin Hogan in the ME to begin a HHH/Austin/Rock vs Nash/Hall/Hogan feud to split the roster in two.This leaves Jericho free to feud with Benoit,RVD,Edge,Booker ....

Guest The Vanilla Midget

sa jericho said in a promo a few weeks ago, "i AM the champ, i AM the wwf."  it doesnt make sense for a group to try and destroy something without targetting their figurehead, the champion.  to do this, the wwf needs a babyface champ, ie hhh.  also, if jericho retains, the "big 3" main eventers are all preoccupied with the nWo, and the belt will be heavily devalued, as jericho would only have low-level main eventers angle, benoit, booker, and possibly rvd to defend against.  it would be the situation during angles first reign all over, where the title is not the central focus, or at least involved in the central focus.

Guest Loss4Words

Also, there's always a possibility that Jericho could go de facto face and help fight off the NWO. I'd *HATE* that, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

i dont think it would happen, jericho perfectly personifies the weak heel, he wouldnt fit into the nWo fued, where i imagine the faces are strong, and only lose through beatdowns and cheap nWo tactics.  also, there is no way hhh will let anybody steal his mania win, and jericho and other uppercaders will probably just steal the show, and if that happens, i'll be a happy man.

Guest Tony149

I still think have the heels win the 2 big matches at WM. Let the nWo win in the "real" main event. The WWF could book an angle where earlier in the night the nWo attack HHH injurying his leg. Jericho wins with the Walls of Jericho. HHH wins in a Cage match at Backlash, then the nWo beat HHH up in the Cage after the match. I think that's a helluva idea.

Guest Loss4Words

Yeah, and hopefully the NWO is blown off by Survivor Series and we can all get on with our lives. If they use the NWO as a special attraction to lure in more viewers in the same vein that they used Mike Tyson in back in '98, then the move was a good one.

Because the more I think about it, knowing how much fun Vince had jobbing WCW all year in 2001, imagine what he'll do when he gets his hand on his former top stars that all left and put his company in dire straits for two years. DO NOT worry about Hall, Nash and Hogan running the show because they will be scapegoats if business stays down. Trust me on this one.

Guest mastermind

L4W you are right and I stated that before. Vince won't let the NWO come out as victors in the big story. He just doesn't work like that. As for the ideas running around here I think it makes much more sense to have Trips win the title and be the target of the NWO. I think the poison of the NWO will be the splitting of the wwf. I mean that is bigger than holding any title. They would have done what no group was able to and that's change the foundation of the wwf.

As someone said Jericho doesn't fit this scenario. If he was a face it would be a different story defending against heel NWO guy Triple H in Canada. That situation would warrant Jericho going over with other NWO guys winning their matches. Jericho winning just doesn't fit the story. You also risk the chance of losing the faith of fans in getting what they want at the biggest show of the year. You can't have the show just become a simple tool in the overall annual storyline.

As someone said at ONE NWO guy has to beat either Austin or Rock. I don't think both guys have to lose, but I think one does. I say let Austin lose because he hasn't lost at WrestleMania since his match with Bret Hart. It would be bigger for Austin to lose in a big money match at Mania. The Rock winning would actually be surprising since he has lost three years in a row.