TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Infinite Crisis #1

So, um...still no idea about what the story is actually about?

Super-Villains Dogpiling on the DCU heroes in the form of the OMACs (who after this week's JLA may end up under Despero's control, since it's hinted that Despero may be responsible for Max turning evil) and the SSOSV with Spectre looming on the sidelines and an unknown double threat of whatever Donna Troy is building an army to fight (an army that includes GL/pariah Hal Jordan) and whoever Mockingbird is waiting in the wings along with possibly Brainiac if they can fit him into the plot. The story is about the heroes dealing with this threat, in a horrorifically pathetic fashion because the Big Three are pissed off at each other.

Well I'm glad they may be giving an explanation as to why Maxwell Lord suddenly went from loveable power-mongering goof to cold-blooded psychopath. That really didn't sit well with me, and I thought they were just retconning him into being evil 'all along!'

This sounds convoluted as hell.

So is there any real connection to "Crisis on Infinite Earths" rather than the rip-off title?

I think that it is pretty much just a title granted to the story as a tribute to the storyline since it is the 20th anniversery this year.

If there is a different backstory then I haven't heard it.

There's going to be relationships to the original Crisis, considering Pariah and Psycho Pirate have come back into focus as of late. So no, it's not just a name similarity, but no one really knows what the relationship is going to be.

Oh, and DC is calling it the "sequel" to Crisis on Infinite Earths.