TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Bones

From executive producers Barry Josephson (“Hide and Seek,” “Like Mike”) and Hart Hanson (“Joan of Arcadia,” “Judging Amy”) comes BONES, an investigative drama inspired by real-life forensic anthropologist and best-selling novelist Kathy Reichs.

DR. TEMPERANCE BRENNAN (Emily Deschanel) is a highly skilled forensic anthropologist who works at the Jeffersonian Institution and writes novels as a sideline. Law enforcement calls on her to assist with murder investigations when the standard methods of identifying a body are useless – when the remains are badly decomposed, burned or destroyed beyond recognition. Brennan’s special expertise lies in her uncanny ability to read clues left behind in the victim’s bones.

Brennan often finds herself teamed with Special Agent SEELEY BOOTH (David Boreanaz) of the FBI’s Homicide Investigations Unit. A former Army sniper, Booth mistrusts science and scientists – the “squints,” as he calls them, who pore over the physical evidence. Booth believes the key to solving crimes lies in discovering the truth from those still alive – witnesses and suspects – through good-old-fashioned investigative work. Brennan and Booth frequently clash both professionally and personally, but so far the chemistry between them has only played out in a fictionalized account in Brennan’s latest mystery novel.

Slightly at odds with the world, Brennan is most comfortable with her equally brilliant colleagues at the Jeffersonian’s Medico-Legal Lab. ANGELA MONTENEGRO (Michaela Conlin), earthy and bawdy, is Brennan’s friend and fellow scientist who’s created a unique way to render the original crime scene in three-dimensional computer images; Brennan’s assistant, ZACK ADDY (Eric Millegan), is a young prodigy whose genius IQ actually gets in the way of his finishing the several doctorates he has begun; and “the bug guy,” DR. JACK HODGINS (TJ Thyne), is an expert on insects, spores and minerals, but conspiracy is his hobby. Brennan’s boss is the imposing lab director, DR. DANIEL GOODMAN (Jonathan Adams), who loans out her services to the FBI.

BONES is a police procedural with humor and heart – a darkly amusing series that probes the humanity behind the scientists who probe the inhumanity behind horrific crimes.

BONES is from Josephson Entertainment and Far Field Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Barry Josephson and Hart Hanson are executive producers.

The previews looked good, so I decided to give this show a try. So far, it's pretty interesting. Anybody else watching tonight?

It's not bad but I'm only watching because there's nothing else on I'm interested in. The characters and actors are decent but the "let's pretend we have even more impressive technology than every other CSI-type show!" aspect is really annoying. They have a 3D holographic device that re-creates a person based on the bones and profile that looks like something out of Star Wars.

It actually has promise and I found the lady playing Bones to be very hot. Much better than that overrated 'Lost' woman who people rave about.

Her staff of fellow eggheads are the most arrogant and annoying cast of characters ever assembled for one show. I wanted two of them dead by the end of the show, including that little "how much warning did you give the people you killed as a sniper?" fucker.

Still, I liked it. David is still showing he can act when given a script, the main star is fun enough and the plot was easy to follow.

Between this and "SuperNatural" on the WB (which is just great unintentional comedy), I think my tuesday nights are set.

It actually has promise and I found the lady playing Bones to be very hot. Much better than that overrated 'Lost' woman who people rave about.

Nah. Blatant jiggling and cleavage aside, like when she was wearing that tank top... Eh.

It was okay. It was kinda cheesy in some parts, the holographic projector was silly and I didn't like the guy playing her assistant. I can't see this lasting very long, however, if only because of Fox.

I thought the second episode was a big improvement over the first one and I like the direction this show is going. It's pretty much a blatant Crossing Jordan ripoff both in style and in characters (Bones is Jordan, Seeley is Woody, and her tech crew are like the morgue crew in CJ) but that's all right with me because I like Crossing Jordan and the dynamic of that show, and it works well here as well. I think they've got the right "relationship dynamic" between the two lead characters (hopefully they don't shoot their load - pun intended - and have them jump in the sack by the next episode or something ridiculous like that), and this episode had the right balance between single-episode plotline and character advancement. This will probably stay in my rotation of shows for the time being.