TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Will hhh become just another victim of edge?

Guest Anglesault

Now, I've said this before, but if you look at Edge's singles career, it is littered with a trail of people he ruined/harmed badly with a boring Edge Feud ™. Storm, Christian, Regal, Angle, all of them have felt the negative sude effects of Edge. Now it looks like HHH is set to feud with Edge in the next couple of months, maybe after the Test feud. My question: Will HHH allow Edge to ruin the heat that it took him three months to build up? Of course, nothing would bring me greater joy than to see HHH fucked over and Edge blamed, but that's besides the point. If that feud begins to sag, will HHH learn from history and pull the plug? Or will he become just another victim of this horrendous Edge push?

Guest gthureson

I used to sorta like Angle.

Now I hope he's jobbed out to every curtain jerker in the company just because it'll make your blood pressure shoot through the roof.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I wouldn't worry about Edge much longer.

If he gets in the ring with HHH his career will be squashed.

We all know how HHH treats blonde canadians.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

::dies his hair brown::

why did HHH have to turn into Hogan version 2.0??

Guest Anglesault

We know how he treats GOOD Blonde Canadians, so Edge doesn't apply...

Oh wait, he does it to Test too, doesn't he...

Well, that scenario would be bittersweet

Guest dreamer420

do you blame hhh for all of your personal problem in your life too?

Guest treble charged
Who's blaming HHH?

For every thing that's gone against Angle in his career you have blamed HHH.  If it wasn't for him, in your mind, Angle would be President.

Guest Anglesault
For every thing that's gone against Angle in his career you have blamed HHH.  

because it can all be linked back to HHH. But that's not the point of this thread.

Guest treble charged

So you would have started a thread about how much it would please you to see HHH's career destroyed by Edge, even if HHH had never "held Angle down"?

Guest Anglesault

Yes, because of what he did to Jericho  RVD and Austin and how he used his Girlfriend to win the belt.

Guest treble charged

Has it ever occured to you that maybe, just maybe, HHH isn't the cause of all the world's problems?

And also, when you say he used Steph to win the belt, are you referring to his WM win?  The reason I mention this is for his previous title reigns, I don't think you can say Steph is the reason he won, since he was over enough (except for maybe the 1st one) in his own right to warrant the belt being given to him.

Guest Anglesault

Yeah, his Mania win.

Has it ever occured to you that maybe, just maybe, HHH isn't the cause of all the world's problems?

Of course he isn't the cause of all the world's problems. Just the WWE's

Guest cabbageboy

I'm not sure I get what the Edge hatred here is all about.  I know Edge has had some crappy feuds but I'd say that stuff was more due to his opponent.  His feud with Christian flopped due to less than inspired matches (both men's faults) and the fact that E and C were never faces so when Christian turned no one cared.  The Test feud sucked because, well, Test was involved and had no heat.  The Edge/Regal feud is the worst of Edge's career, but I'm not sure how much of it was his fault.  Regal has had few good matches in the WWF (maybe RVD at WM, even D Lo recently) but the whole Edge feud sucked.  Badly booked and repetitive to boot.  Once Edge finally feuded with a good wrestler that is over (Angle) he has had some good matches.  

If he feuds with HHH it won't be as bad as those other feuds, but it will be slightly dull.  Edge can't really carry anyone to a good match, and that is why I don't think he'll ever really main event.

Guest Anglesault

You're kidding me, right? A man has 4 really bad feuds, but you blame the other guy (Some one different each time) as opposed to Edge who has a history of bad feuds?

Guest alfdogg
You're kidding me, right? A man has 4 really bad feuds, but you blame the other guy (Some one different each time) as opposed to Edge who has a history of bad feuds?

He just blamed the other guy for three of them, I don't see where he blamed Angle.

Test was never a "feud".  He just got a hotshot title reign so Edge could unify them two weeks later.

As for Regal, the feud was actually not bad.  It was just the matches that sucked, due to Regal's slowness.

And hey AS, clear some of your messages out of your mailbox.  I have to tell you something.

Guest cabbageboy

All I am saying is the jury is still out on Edge as far as I'm concerned.  His match with Storm was pretty good, not amazing or **** like Keith gave it though.  I'd like to see Edge against some better wrestlers before I say he sucks.

Guest Anglesault

This is my point

One bad feud to start your singles career (Storm): Not horrible, but not good.

A second one right after that? (Christian): It begins to get alarming.

Skip Test, it was like two weeks anyway.

Then another bad feud (Regal): Said wrestler either is REALLY cold lately or is just REALLY bad.

Skip the week and a half shampoo feud

and a FOURTH bad feud(Angle): This guy is incapable of having a good feud.

There isn't even a GOOD feud to break it up. It's either BAD or it doesn't register (Booker, test) do to lack of time.

I mean come on, are you saying that everyone Edge is put with makes him look bad instead of (the more likely scenario) one person, Edge, can make ANYONE look bad?

Guest treble charged

How can you consider the Edge/Angle feud to be a bad one?  They've had 2 very good matches, and the crowd is always really behind their segments.

Guest Anglesault

It's been BORING AS HELL and incredibally stupid. "Haha, you suck, ::Spear::"

And we KNEW Angle could carry a mailbox to a good match, did we really HAVE to sit through two months of him proving that?

On top of all that, it makes Angle look real bad.

Guest goodhelmet

OK , the Storm feud- Was this Edge's fault or a victim of the Invasion? I'd choose the latter. And it was better than 3/4 of the shit WWE was giving us at the time.

Christian- Has Christian ever been giving a feud or had a great singles match? I don't think so. Maybe piss-poor booking had something to do with this as well. It's not like Christian was lighting it up in the ring.

Regal- Name me one great Regal match against ANYONE not named Benoit or Finley because I sure as hell can't think of any. Has Regal ever had a good feud in the WWF? No. Don't mention Tajiri because that was booked horribly.

Booker T- Horrible feud, once again due to the booking(Shampoo for chrissakes) than anything these two did.

Angle- They deliver two of the best matches the WWF has offered this year. Was the hair-hair stipulation stupid? Yes. But despite the horrible booking, once again, they manage to have great matches.

Now, attacking Edge is really unfounded. Maybe the real target of your frustration should be the BOOKING Team, which HHH is supposedly a part of now or some shit. Think of it this way. Has ANYONE had a great feud in the WWF in the last 5 months or so? RVD-Eddy should have been a no-brainer. They screwed that up. Austin has been feuding with the NWO, they screwed that up. Besides one great interview segment, the Rock-Hogan feud leading to Mania sucked shit. Blaming Edge for all of your woes won't improve the product. I would much rather see Angle fight Edge or any other midcarder capable of producing a great match then seeing Angle at the top of the mountain trying to carry HHH or Taker to another ok match.

i hope this feud destroys HHH's face push forever....

he's been dying to be a face forever and has been stroking stephanie's stanky coochie with a BOOT ROCK vibrator for well over 3 months to get it.

Guest Anglesault

My point isn't MATCHES. Angle carried Edge to two good matches, Storm got one out of him, and Booker tried his best. My point is that every FEUD Edge has been in the most boring feud in the WWF at that time. I don't think you need to dig up some obsucure fact to use as a excuse for why each seperate feud sucked when each one had the SAME GUY doing the SAME boring thing each time. Edge is the common denominator.

Guest goodhelmet

Actually, edge hasn't been in the most boring feud.

Leading up to Judgment Day, the worst feud was easily Austin vs. The NWO or Hogan-Taker

Leading up to Mania, the worst feud could have been considered RVD-Regal (which no one gave a shit about leading in) or Christian-DDP was asinine in it's own right. Not defending the Edge-Booker feud because it was pitiful but blame the writers not the wrestlers.

Once again, I argue that Edge has NOT been involved in the most boring feud nor is he the common denominator. The common denominator is the booking team on crack (as illustrated by the lacklustre Eddy-RVD feud).

As for same guy doing the same boring thing, the same holds true for Austin (Stunners all around, blah blah blah) Regal (Power of the punch WAh WAH WAh) Taker or Big Show (My GAWd a chokeslam). None of these guys have been in a remotely interesting feud and they've all benn booked the same really. Damn, get off the Edge kick and attack a real piece of shit like Albert or Big Show or Taker or Hogan or any other countless stiff who even when working with Angle can't be carried to a good match.

Guest Anglesault

But how many of said people (Taker had a good feud with Flair, by the way) have harmed the guy they are feuding with?