TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Will hhh become just another victim of edge?

Guest goodhelmet

Regal with Edge

HHH with Jericho

Taker with DDP

And I still don't see how a feud with Edge "hurts" Angle. You have yet to effectively prove your case. Everything revolves around the crappy writing and not anything Edge has done in particular.

(never said Flair-Taker wasn't an ok feud, only better than the rest of the crap they were throwing out on tv including HHH&Lucy vs. Jericho-Steph , a far worst feud than ANYTHING Edge has been involved in)

Guest Anglesault

I disagree. I say Edge got Regal. Regal was demoted to Euro level because of the feud and Edge got rewarded after that feud.

Storm went from IC champ to jobber after the feud

Christian went from IC champ to Euro champ

Angle went from World title contender to punchline of all midcard jokes. He doesn't even look worthy of a title SHOT.

Are you saying it's just a coincidence that all these guys' careers went down hill after a "Haha, you're a dork! ::Spear::" Boring ass Edge Feud ?

Guest goodhelmet

With Storm's case, he was a WCW guy and was inserted in the program with the sole intention of putting over a WWF guy which is what he did. By Gawd, those WCW guys need to learn their place and the Edge feud wasn't the only other angle involving Storm. I doubt edge had the clout to insist Storm should be the straight-laced sidekick of the Hurricane.

Once again, when has Christian ever had a good solo match and deserved a push? You've never answered that.

As with Regal, I don't see how it wasn't his fault and once again you've never explained how Regal deserved being pushed.

And since when did the belt you were holding mean jack-shit. The IC belt nor Euro belt means jack-shit and the two could be quite interchangable in today's crack-booking landscape

I agree that Angle looks like a midcard joke, but that would have nothing to do with the way he was booked to look like a dork for YEARS then being squashed by HHH and Austin and Rock and Taker, while he carried them to good matches. Blame those guys for Angle's diminishing value, not Edge. He has been used to make the old guy network look good. Now he's doing it with midcarders.

I guess I should be bitter that Stone Cold is wrestling midcarder Eddy Guerrero because the karaoke skits were horrible and who cares if we get some great matches, because obviously Eddy is beneath Austin.

Once again, Angle has been made to look like a Dork and weak so why should now be any different?

As for Edge's different feuds, consider the circumstances, stop being so narrow-minded and see how Edge is a perfectly acceptable wrestler that I can accept being pushed.

Guest Anglesault
Once again, when has Christian ever had a good solo match and deserved a push? You've never answered that.

Christian: Good match with Rock.

Edge: Good match with Storm.

Both men had ONE good match in their singles career, and it's easier to have a good amcth with Storm than Rocky. (Not that it's hard to have a good match with Rocky)

As with Regal, I don't see how it wasn't his fault and once again you've never explained how Regal deserved being pushed.

I think it was both men's fault. I'm upset that both weren't punished. And why should Edge be pushed?

And since when did the belt you were holding mean jack-shit. The IC belt nor Euro belt means jack-shit and the two could be quite interchangable in today's crack-booking landscape

IC contenders are/were facing Eddy and RVD and Jeff Hardy and the like. Euro contenders are/were facing Bossman, mr. Perfect and Spike Dudley. Huge difference.

I guess I should be bitter that Stone Cold is wrestling midcarder Eddy Guerrero because the karaoke skits were horrible and who cares if we get some great matches, because obviously Eddy is beneath Austin.

I seriously doubt they'll makeAustin an incompetant jackass who can't beat Eddy like they did with Angle and Edge (One backlash match that was quickly forgotten doesn't count)

Guest goodhelmet

When was this good Rocky-Christian match and I doubt it is even close to Storm-Edge

Why should edge be punished when it has been proven he can have a good match against quality opponents. Regal, at best, can have a watchable match like the one he has against RVD.

Once again, with the belts, currently it appears the Euro belt will be worked by Buh Buh and Brock, not too shabby while Planet Stasiak just worked an IC match a couple of weeks ago. I still don't see how the line is blurred. Plus, Regal should never have held the belt to begin with.

No, they'll make Eddy an incompetent jackass and if they don't then it will be the one compelling feud they've had in months.

In conclusion, I don't disagree with you that the Angle-edge feud was shitty. Nor do I disagree with you that Edge-regal was shitty. I do disagree with you blaming Edge. I don't think Edge has too much control over his character and if his role is to go out and spear his opponent after calling him a dork, then that is what he does. If Angle's role is to play super-dork while getting midcarders over, that is what he does. BLAME THE FRIGGIN WRITERS AND BOOKERS!!!!! And if you're going to bitch about wrestlers, bitch about Albert, Taker, Hogan, Big Slow, X-Pac and others for wasting valuable tv time. Edge has proven on more than one occasion that he can have perfectly acceptable wrestling matches. The other cannot be said for a shitload of talentless stiffs in the WWF.

Guest Anglesault
When was this good Rocky-Christian match and I doubt it is even close to Storm-Edge

Raw, 9/3/2001, Toronto canada, WCW title match. Really good match, fans were chanting "Let's go Christian"

Why should edge be punished when it has been proven he can have a good match against quality opponents. Regal, at best, can have a watchable match like the one he has against RVD.

Rgeal also had a good match with D-Lo. besides, Edge needs a super worker like Storm or Angle to have a good match.

Guest goodhelmet

Actually, I do remember that match during Christian's one-man conchairto period and the match was watchable but not good. Same thing with D-Lo-Regal from Judgment Day Heat (if that's what you're talking about).

Really, you still haven't addressed the booker/writer issue. Do you not recognize it is their fault? Or do you insist on blaming Edge even though he isn't at fault.

Once more, I agree Angle is being made to look weak and inept BUT it's not his OR Edge's fault. It is the writers!!!

Guest Anglesault
Really, you still haven't addressed the booker/writer issue. Do you not recognize it is their fault? Or do you insist on blaming Edge even though he isn't at fault.

Once more, I agree Angle is being made to look weak and inept BUT it's not his OR Edge's fault. It is the writers!!!

Then they must have some vicious agenda against edge.

Guest goodhelmet

Hey, HHH is on the booking committee supposedly so they very well might, who knows? Either way, Edge has been the victim of terrible storylines. Same thing with Jericho. Same thing with Booker T (Even though the Goldust sketches are funny, they do nothing for his advancement). Same thing with Angle. The storylines have been jack shit. Only HHH and Taker, and to some degreee Austin, have been protected or made to look "strong". Get off the Edge kick and join the HHHaters already.

Guest Anglesault

Hey, I was one of the original HHHaters.

But that doesn't make Edge any less boring or mediocre in the ring.

Guest goodhelmet

Well if edge is really boring and mediocre despite being only one of six wrestlers associated with a good match in the last two months then so be it.

Frankly, I'm glad he's being paired with Angle or Jericho or any other good wrestler than seeing Angle-Taker ** classics or the Angle-Hogan All-American farce or Angle-Mark Henry Clash of the Olympians. And in this wrestling-starved environment combined with pathetic attempts of storytelling, I'll take Edge-Angle anyday o the week

Guest Anglesault
Well if edge is really boring and mediocre despite being only one of six wrestlers associated with a good match in the last two months then so be it.

That says NOTHING about Edge. Angle could carry ME to a ***1/2 star match.

Guest goodhelmet

That says NOTHING about Edge. Angle could carry ME to a ***1/2 star match.

it says a lot when Angle can't carry Taker to a *** match. he can't do it with Hogan, in that I believe. Mark Henry? Forget about it. He literally had to bump all over to get a watchable match out of HHH. And I certainly doubt you have the skills to be carried to anything out of negative stars ;)

Guest Anglesault

Taker was being uncooperative. Mark henry was/is fat. HHH couldn't move. The Hogan match hasn't happened yet, but he is almost 50. Each one has outside circumstances.

Guest goodhelmet

Exactly, which is why I'm extremely happy Angle is feuding with Edge. Angle could be carrying those slugs or producing **** matches with Edge. I'll take the latter everytime

Guest Anglesault
Exactly, which is why I'm extremely happy Angle is feuding with Edge. Angle could be carrying those slugs or producing **** matches with Edge. I'll take the latter everytime

Even if his career is on a downward spiral?

Guest goodhelmet

"Even if his career is on a downward spiral?"

OK, so Angle is having **** matches while the dinosaurs are no longer hiding behind his workrate and exposing themselves even more. Angle is capable of having great matches with Edge but not Taker or HHH (at this point) yet they are the ones on top. Fuck that!!! Would you be bitching if Angle was feuding with Lance Storm? Yes., because he is beneath Angle. You bitched about Kane, a *gasp* upper-card wrestler who Angle beat several times. If Angle was wrestling Ricky Fucking Steamboat, you would bitch because Angle would have to sell the friggin top rope karate drop. Be happy he is having **** matches and not ** classics with slow stiffs.

And you still have not mentioned how Angle's ineptness is the writers or bookers fault.

"Goodhelmet, you seem to forget one thing.....

Edge sucks."

Dude, when you stop licking Anglesault's nuts and form your own opinion then jump in the conversation when you have something valuable to add. In the meantime, keep licking, Anglesault is enjoying it.

Guest alfdogg
it says a lot when Angle can't carry Taker to a *** match.

I think Angle could get a *** match out of Taker now.  Taker has been trying hard lately.  The Flair match was good, & he's had good ones with RVD, too.  But we obviously won't find out anytime soon.

But I agree with you...it is the writers' fault.  They obviously want this to be a comedy feud, so they base the stuff around T-shirts.

Oh, AS...you're more than welcome to rejoin the HHHaters anytime you please.

Guest alfdogg
I disagree. I say Edge got Regal. Regal was demoted to Euro level because of the feud and Edge got rewarded after that feud.

Regal should have never been IC level in the first place.  Sure, he's a decent heel, but he is not even CLOSE to his 1993 form as far as workrate goes.

My take on the Regal-Angle-Edge situation:

Regal-Edge featured a good feud (IMO) with some sorry-ass matches.

Angle-Edge featured a sorry-ass feud with some good matches.

The Storm feud lasted all of three weeks, and all I remember was the finish of the match.

The Rock match was actually on the same night that Christian turned.  Something happened to Christian and he lost, and Storm chastised him, then he and Edge exchanged some Toronto vs Calgary comments.  They had an Edge-Storm match, and after Edge got the pin on Storm with a fluke rollup, Storm attacked him, from where Christian made the save, then heeled on Edge and gave him the first one-man Conchairto.

And what are they doing now?

Edge is on his way to the main event, the way it looks now, while Christian is jobbing to Funaki at house shows.

HHH will beat edge with his mighty sledge and than give him a kick wham pedigree and it'll be the 1...2.....4.

btw i like edge, but hhh is better. edge has a really cool move the spear. he did it to angle like 0232480 times, and than anhle stole it and he did it really bad  o my god did it suck.

Guest Black Tiger

Anglesault, I wouldn't think that if Angle is putting on **** matches with Edge that his career is on a downward spiral.

The second that Edge got his singles push Christian was history anyways. I liked "Champion of Europe" but his fading out was a formality

Anglesault mentioned before about Edge not having a serious feud. I thought his Regal feud was pretty serious. I can't think of any of Edge's typical promos besides "Regal, what in the hell are you talking about?" I think Edge was punished by not getting his payback win at WM in his hometown.

I'm just guessing here, but if HHH wanted an Edge feud, he must see some reason in pushing him. Edge can't seem to pose any serious threat to his drawing, unlike Jericho (Champion), RVD (bigger pops) and Angle (being outclassed in the right)

Edge seems to have picked up his game lately, but I'm not sure if he gets the credit or if it's just Angle making him look good.  I'd need to see another Edge feud before I decide.  IMO, he wasn't impressive at all prior to the Angle feud.  

Trips is improving, but IMO, he isn't up to carrying Edge in the same way Angle did.  HHH will never let Edge taint his own career.  He would have the plug pulled on the feud, if he saw that it was making him look bad.  I'm still not sure HHH will take on Edge as an elevation project. Frankly, I don't think he's too interested in elevating anyone or at least not until he's Champ again and has a breathing space in which he can be "indulgent" to some worthy upper mid-carder.  And, even then, he strikes me as being very insecure in his position.

Trips is still fairly young and - taking newly fledged movie star Rock out of the equation - is the only one of the Big 3 or 4 who will have to deal with Edge, RVD, Jericho, Angle, etc. for the next five or six years.  Of course, then, he takes a deep interest in the progression (or regression) of these guys' careers.

Guest alfdogg
Trips is still fairly young and - taking newly fledged movie star Rock out of the equation - is the only one of the Big 3 or 4 who will have to deal with Edge, RVD, Jericho, Angle, etc. for the next five or six years

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!