TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LowSparkOfHighHeeledBoys

RVD's offensive arsenal

Guest dreamer420

I'm betting that Vince saw how the ratings jumped when he first got into the sports entertainment phase and decided to keep pushing it at the fans.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

There were plenty of good matches last year.  Stuff like the Angle/Benoit feud, Benoit/Austin, Angle/Austin, Austin/Rock, Austin/HHH, and Benoit/Jericho.  That's why I watch wrestling.

Guest snowfan
I'm betting that Vince saw how the ratings jumped when he first got into the sports entertainment phase and decided to keep pushing it at the fans.

Sure he did.

Those antics drew the fair weather fans.   The 'sport' is now on a down cycle so he needs to get back to basics and wait for the fair weather fans to think it is 'trendy' again.  Vince is driving off the ever loyal fan base that prefers more wrestling and less soap opera.

His shop and his right, but I'd much rather see a Taijiri/Snow match go ten minutes than see a 'wedding' whose 'plot' was visible from a mile off and involved NO orthwhile action.

To each their own.....

Snowfan

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I'd rather see a ten minute Show/Taker match than a soap opera.  At least it is still a match.

Guest Ignatz Belzner

I am so tired of the Puro smarts acting like just because they turn their noses up at the current American (a.k.a. WWF) style of wrestling, all of the fanbase should too.

"All RVD does is spots, with no mat wrestling."

All Regal does is mat wrestle, and everyone complains about how boring he is.  RVD's "spots" are becoming more developed.  How come nobody else seemed to notice the rolling fireman's carry into a moonsault.  Granted, he missed, but he'll get it down in a week, tops.  His spots now make sense when he does them, and the reason all he does is kicks and spots is because his punches really, really suck (at least he doesn't do the sad little forearm shots most wrestlers do when they can't punch...I hate those...)

And how is the (5-Star) Frog Splash an unrealistic finisher for RVD but a great one for Eddy Guerrero?

Guest snowfan
I am so tired of the Puro smarts acting like just because they turn their noses up at the current American (a.k.a. WWF) style of wrestling, all of the fanbase should too.

"All RVD does is spots, with no mat wrestling."

All Regal does is mat wrestle, and everyone complains about how boring he is.  RVD's "spots" are becoming more developed.  How come nobody else seemed to notice the rolling fireman's carry into a moonsault.  Granted, he missed, but he'll get it down in a week, tops.  His spots now make sense when he does them, and the reason all he does is kicks and spots is because his punches really, really suck (at least he doesn't do the sad little forearm shots most wrestlers do when they can't punch...I hate those...)

And how is the (5-Star) Frog Splash an unrealistic finisher for RVD but a great one for Eddy Guerrero?

Bzzt....

Wrong answer if it was me you had in mind I am far from a puro guy.  RVD is Essa rios with English as(ostensibly)a first language and his initial heat was generated by a bunch of ECW mutant fan boys who won't let go of their past.  I have no problem with him being in the WWF, but have no desire to see him mainevent on a card unless he improves *a lot*.

snowfan

Guest Kahran Ramsus

"All Regal does is mat wrestle, and everyone complains about how boring he is.  "

I like Regal.

Guest dreamer420

I find Regal's matches to be boring because his offence is so slow and weak looking. I liked him better in WCW as the Lord.  I can't figure out why the IC belt is on him and not on someone like Edge, Christian, RVD, or DDP.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

This conversation is retarded.

Is Hogan a good wrestler?  Hell no.  Was he over?  Yes.  Is he a multi time World Champion?  Yes.

As far as not liking his "gymnastics":  Remember when there was only one person who wrestled like Shawn Michaels?

Whoever laughed about 90% of the crowd liking him is a retard.  

Pushed down our throats?  WTF?  2 minute tag matches and 3 minute curtain jerking for the last 6 weeks.  How is that pushed down your throat?

It's time to wake up and quit bitching.

Whether you like it or not:

The next BIG thing is here...and his name is ROB    VAN    DAM.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

"The next BIG thing is here...and his name is ROB    VAN    DAM. "

Not unless Hogan, HHH & Nash all get hurt or fired.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Hogan , Hall and Nash are the OLD big thing.

RVD will end up on top after the old men are out of the picture.

Guest snowfan
Hogan , Hall and Nash are the OLD big thing.

RVD will end up on top after the old men are out of the picture.

oh of course he'll be the 'next big thing'.....

Just like one of the Hardys was going to become the next 'Yawn Michaels'.  Just like Billy Gunn was ready to main event.  Just like there is now HGH built glass ceiling.

You can't catch lightning in a bottle.  RVD has gone as far as he can go for now, and probably will never be the 'man'.  Michaels happened, is gone, adn will not happen again.  Get over him like I have had to do about Hart.

snowfan

Guest Kahran Ramsus

"RVD will end up on top after the old men are out of the picture. "

We said the same thing about Sting in 1988.  1998, and those guys were still around.  Even if the old guys do go away, that still leaves HHH.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

.  RVD has gone as far as he can go for now, and probably will never be the 'man'

Remember this...RVD hasn't been pushed or put over anyone of worth since November.  That's 3 months of no hype/push and he's being edited to look bad.

BUT he remains over.

No offense, but I think it would be ignorant to say that he's gone as far as he can...when they haven't even started trying yet.

Remember his ill fated feud with Jericho over the title (that mysteriously vanished when HHH returned)?

I have yet to see a crowd as excited over a match as they were when they thought RVD had won the title.

This guy can go places.  He's more over than HHH, and he doesn't get to appear 7 fucking times on Raw (And not even wrestle once).

Guest The Vanilla Midget

somebody said before that rvd's entire offence revolved around his feet and that he never used his upper body.  when was the last time angle used his feet for anything other than a simple kick when his opponent was on the ground? its the exact same thing.

also, rvd is totally over with 90% of the crowd, anyone who disputes that is really just so caught up in hating rvd that they dont actually pay attention and make generalisations.  rvd is over, and everybody knows he is trying hard to adapt to the wwf match style.  the last time he busted anybody open was in october or november i think, and that shows the level of improvement he has achieved.  also, the wwf guys are learning how to go in the ring with him, and while his matches may not be ***** classics, they are damned entertaining, and that what really matters.  a lot of you guys who are criticising him due to his unorthodox style should get down from your high horse and look outside the square, you may actually enjoy what you see.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

"As far as not liking his "gymnastics":  Remember when there was only one person who wrestled like Shawn Michaels?"

Are you comparing him to HBK? Because HBK was light years ahead of RVD and will probably always be better than RVD.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm comparing the fact that way back when...people always said that Michaels was too small and unorthodox to be "the man".

Remember this was in the times of Hogan and shitty Main Event stars.

Who knows where RVD could end up?

When Michaels was a Rocker...who would have thought?

Guest LowSparkOfHighHeeledBoys
I'm comparing the fact that way back when...people always said that Michaels was too small and unorthodox to be "the man".

He was too small to be "the man", and even though he was the champion for a time, he never was "the man" being champion and being "the man" are not one and the same.

As for Kurt Angle only using kicks when an opponent is down, maybe he does...but at least he uses his upper body for suplexes, and several other things.

Guest BlackRainbow1025

Yeah, RVD kicking all the time is stupid.  I want to see The Rock punch all the time, that's different.  I guess everyone forgets that when you come to the WWF, your moveset gets sucked away anyway.  I want to see RVD in a decent length non-hardcore match (no ladders or other gimmicky stuff to base spots around).  I agree, he's not the best wrestler, but he's definitely not the worst.  He's improving and adjusting to WWF, like everyone does when they come in.  I'd like to see him as Benoit's first feud back.  It would give him a chance to learn from one of the best.  As far as busting people open earlier, how many times did he do that in ECW?  Not many, if at all.  Maybe b/c no one in the WWF has ever wrestled anyone with a style like his.  Anyway, why bitch about a little blood?  Angle broke Holly's arm.  Owen (who was great) fucked Austin's neck up.  Triple H fucked himself up.  I mean, injuries happen.  I'd take an RVD kick to the nose over an Anglesault anyday.

Guest CB2M

The last good match I've seen RVD in was back in All Japan in 1993 when Kawada and Kobashi were handing him his ass.  Other than that, I just think the guy is super overrated.  I can't wait until Benoit comes back and stiffs the hell out of that spot machine.