Navy at Rice

Army at Akron

Miami of Ohio at Eastern Michigan

Boise State at Utah State

#13 Oregon at Arizona

Kansas at Colorado

Buffalo at Toledo

Marshall at UTEP

I find it sad that Baylor is being considered a big game here this season. I don't know if that's a bash on OU or a credit to Baylor. We'll go with a little from A and B.

However Baylor has never beaten OU. Then again until this season UCLA had never beaten OU.

Guest Vitamin X

Maybe Texas Tech's offense will stay strong against the Longhorns?

Maybe not. I'd like to see it, though.

Kotz just broke out the old school sig and avatar, yeowch.

Who would have guessed 7 weeks ago that Michigan/Iowa would be a battle of unranked teams? And this is also the week that we start to get an idea of who from the SEC West is going to be tangling with Georgia the first week of December. I don't think this week will come close to last weekend's absolute overload of incredible games, but there are some good ones tucked in there.

It would be ironic and funny at the same time if Washington were to lose to USC by 31 points.

Um, why?

I mean I get that SC would just cover the spread, but I'm totally missing where the irony would come from.

It would be ironic and funny at the same time if Washington were to lose to USC by 31 points.

Um, why?

I mean I get that SC would just cover the spread, but I'm totally missing where the irony would come from.

I think that's the score Notre Dame kept losing by when Ty Whittingham (former ND coach / new Washington coach) was leading the Irish.

Georgia Tech/Miami has been postponed due to the hurricane. Game is moved to November 19th, Miami's game against Wake Forest on November 17th is pushed up to the 12th.

Auburn/LSU is going to rock.

Agreed...

And I'm gonna be right there in Death Valley to witness it.

This just reminds me how much I need to attend a real Tennessee game, preferably against a rival. The Citrus Bowl against Michigan was the best day ever, but it's the best that iteration of the Vols played, and they haven't equalled that level since. I miss that.

S'far as the game in Tuscaloosa goes, Tennessee wins an awesome, close game. Not five overtimes like the game two years ago that took about five years off of my life, but still thrilling up to the very end I think.

Georgia Tech/Miami has been postponed due to the hurricane. Game is moved to November 19th, Miami's game against Wake Forest on November 17th is pushed up to the 12th.

West Virginia at South Florida is postponed as well. Updated: WVA/SFLA has been moved to December 3rd.

As for the game in Tuscaloosa, I like the Tide 9-7.

Their offense isn't the same without Prothro, but what people don't realize is they've had one of the best defenses in the nation for years. At this point, I might consider them the best defense in the country. I really don't think the Vols are going to be able to do much against that kind of defense the way they've been playing lately.

Tennessee got shut down by Florida, they got held to 17 by UAB, Georgia held them to 14, and even in the LSU game, the Tigers had them stopped for the whole first half. I just don't think that kind of team's going to be able to get the job done against a defense as strong as Alabama.

This is kind of random, but does anyone else think that Michigan has a really good chance to win the Big Ten? If they run the table, they'll only have two losses, and they'll have the tiebreak with both Penn State and Ohio State.

They've been playing a lot better lately, and they've still got most of the nucleus of last year's Rose Bowl team. With Hart healthy, I think beating Iowa and OSU is far from a stretch. All they need to do is make sure that Penn State and Wisconsin both pick up another loss and they should be in.

Virginia Tech rolls, but MV2 throws three picks and gives Maryland plenty of chances. We'll have to see how Texas handles Texas Tech this weekend, but I think I'm still pretty firm in USC/Texas as my #1 and #2.

I dunno. We'll have to go the whole season, I think. If OU finishes any worse than 7-4, it's them. Michigan is otherwise probably more surprising, if only because Henne and Hart were so good as freshman last year and have underachieved thus far. That said, I still really wouldn't be that surprised to see Michigan stuff Iowa this weekend, turn around, and be playing for the Big Ten title against Ohio State in November. That whole conference is a toss-up at this point.

I'd say the opposite. Iowa's got a tough schedule the rest of the way, but they seem to improve has the season goes on. I think they have a decent shot of getting a share of the Big 10 title.

Some random thoughts for the weekend:

Its time for some teams to prove they're for real. Alabama gets Tennessee in what should be an intense game. I think the Bama D can win this for them in close one. LSU vs Auburn has huge implications for the SEC as well. The winner will have the inside track to the SEC West title. Must wins for Texas, UCLA, and West Virginia if they hope to be legitimate BCS team.

Alabama 20 UT 17

LSU 28 Auburn 27

WVU 35 USF 24

Texas will beat Texas Tech's . TT has no way for them to stop Vince Young (does anybody?) and the UT defense is damn good enough to shut down or slow Tech's offense for the most part. But most importantly this is one of the few remaining hurdles in UT's way of a Rose Bowl appearance.

Texas 42 TTU 28

Before we annoint Charlie Weis the savior lets not forget that Ty Willingham started 8-0 his first season with the Irish. Ty beat 4 top 25 teams in that stretch and went on to finish 10-3. So while Weis may be riding high right now the bottom can fall out any moment for him with a few more losses.

Upset special of the week: Oregon State at UCLA. The Bruins certainly haven't came to play in recent weeks, narrowly escaping inferior teams in Washington and WSU. OSU is also not on UCLA's level of talent but unlike the two Wash. schools they have motivation, a win streak, confidence, and a chip on their shoulders. After beating Cal they have got to be feeling great and Matt Moore is probably salivating at the opportunity to blow up on his former team and the coaches that gave up on him. UCLA is letting bad teams hang and OSU is a team that can take advantage of that. OSU 31 UCLA 27

I don't know when or how but I just think Texas is going to fuck this all up. They always manage to. They've taken the Ohio St. role of the team with all the talent that never manages to win it all.

As far as Michigan goes, they aren't that bad of a team. Losing to ND wasn't a big shock and the other two wins were in the last minute against Wisc. and Minn.

I know U of L's season has become a complete disaster after that WVU game last week, but check out the first 3 games in the Big East:

at USF, at WVU, at Cincy. Who the hell started us with 3 road games in a new conference? I hope USF and WVU enjoyed themselves this year because next year I'm assuming they come to Louisville and it will not be pretty.

Before we annoint Charlie Weis the savior lets not forget that Ty Willingham started 8-0 his first season with the Irish. Ty beat 4 top 25 teams in that stretch and went on to finish 10-3. So while Weis may be riding high right now the bottom can fall out any moment for him with a few more losses.

I flat out think Weis is the better coach than Willingham. Better game day coach, better recruiter. Also Notre Dame is starting to get that confidence back, they haven't had since Lou Holtz.

Guest MikeSC
Kotz just broke out the old school sig and avatar, yeowch.

Who would have guessed 7 weeks ago that Michigan/Iowa would be a battle of unranked teams?

Me. Of course, I also recognize that the Big 10 is unbelievably overrated.

I flat out think Weis is the better coach than Willingham. Better game day coach, better recruiter.  Also Notre Dame is starting to get that confidence back, they haven't had since Lou Holtz.

Weis is a better recruiter? He's winning with Ty's players. Also he has had what, about 1/2 of a full recruiting period ever? To say he's a better recruiter is absurd. Ty brought in Notre Dame's top 3 recievers, their starting running back, and Brady Quinn. As a head coach he's coached 6 games. I believe he may turn out a better but he is far from proven. At least Ty has been to a Rose Bowl and a has had some actual success. Weis could turn out to be great, all I'm saying is 4-2 does not make you great or even better than your predecessor. It's too early to tell right now, maybe in a year or two we will know for sure.