I've been working in a grocery store for a few years now..
- I usually work the dairy section in my store. People who will literally take every last milk jug/carton off the shelf to get a 1 or 2 day difference. This one is especially annoying when I'm in the cooler filling (and watching them) take apart the entire shelf. It wouldn't be so annoying if people would just fix it once they took it apart.
- Rotating. Jesus f'n Christ. I realize the importance of rotating, but it is a MASSIVE pain in the ass.
- If we are out of stock on any item(s) customers usually like to use two main lines: "Pff! I'm going to (insert local competitor here)!" or "This is much cheaper at Wal-Mart!"
- People that come up to me and ask "Do you work here?" No, I'm just wearing the company uniform for fun.
- Receiving orders in minus 35.
- Can't remember where in the thread I read this or who said it, but I couldn't agree more with the hatred for shelf stuffing. Without question one of my biggest annoyances.
I'm sure I'm leaving a few out, but once I go to work tonight I'll remember them.