TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Annabelle

RIP MATT YOUNG

"Why would anyone over the age of 12 get mad over something on a message board."

Maybe because they have emotions. Wild guess.

godthedog, we're waiting.

turns out it would be too time-consuming. i gave up, i have too much other shit to worry about.

Rock's actually doing great. The movie was panned in every paper here and yet in each review someone had something positive to say about him.

^this is my favorite of the comments i've found though.

Guest Fishyswa

Yeah, I sure made a fool of myself there.... :huh:

If you got nothin' just say you got nothin'. It saves everyone time.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Leave Fishyswa alone, because if the guys a douche, don't talk to him, ignore his posts, don't gang-bang him with your buddies because you have nothing better to do on a weeknight. That's just sad.

Some of you are just horrible at this.

i'm convinced that there are two types of people who argue badly. there are people who just use incorrect reasoning (using logical fallacies, resorting to name calling, so forth), and there are people who seem to use correct reasoning but have no grasp of a situation. they find one or two inane points to launch off of, and drive them into the ground at the expense of everything else without any real sense of perspective, listening, etc. basically, people who can't follow the FORM of an argument, and people who just argue about the wrong THINGS.

you, like mikeSC before you, argue about the wrong things. you seem to lack the basic ability to grasp what's important and what isn't. you look for tiny things to disagree with and disagree with them into oblivion, always repeating yourself when someone else tries to make another point about it.

case in point:

people make fun of matt young for posting 36487364939 pictures of his girlfriend. you respond, "IT SAYS POST PICTURES OF YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER, I MISSED THE PART WHERE IT SAID 'ONLY POST ONE PICTURE THEN NEVER MENTION THEM AGAIN."

people respond in turn that what matters is that he kept posting pictures long after making his point, becoming ridiculous and self-important.

you respond, "IT SAYS POST PICTURES OF YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER, I MISSED THE PART WHERE IT SAID 'ONLY POST ONE PICTURE THEN NEVER MENTION THEM AGAIN."

they, in turn, repeat themselves, because you haven't really responded to what they said. you repeat yourself, because that's what you do.

you know why you missed that part about only posting one picture?

BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO GRASP OF WHAT'S IMPORTANT ABOUT A SITUATION AND WHAT ISN'T.

you have the cognitive skills of a ferret that's just been hit on the head with a sack of quarters. your disagreements are too literal, unimportant, and inane. this is why arguing with mikeSC was always so frustrating. he lacked the understanding of any other argument beyond its literal content, so he would just repeat the same objections with different words. he lacked perspective, the ability to separate what matters from what doesn't. this is why you will never be able to grasp why what matt young did was stupid.

i'll give you an analogy:

once there was an insane man who escaped from an institution. this insane man knew that he had no grasp of reality, but he didn't want anyone on the street to find out that he was insane, so he devised a plan. he knew it was irrefutably true that 2+2=4, that nobody could ever think he was wrong if he said it. so he put a coin in his pocket, and every time he felt the coin hit his leg when he walked, he would yell out "2+2=4!" because it was irrefutably true, because nobody could ever think he was wrong if he said it, and so people would think he wasn't insane.

this man was promptly caught and put back in the institution, because whenever someone tried to talk to him, he would just yell back "2+2=4" over and over again, so everyone who ran into him thought he was insane.

this is something like what you're doing.

i have no doubt that you'll reply with something like "i don't see how that refutes what i'm saying at all." but that's the point. because you are stupid.

I don't think you can really compare anybody to MikeSC. As one person (whom's name I won't say) told me; "Mike speaks real loud to cover up the fact he's never really saying anything".

And I may have messed that quote up a bit, so if said person ever comes in and wants to say it exactly as they told me then so be it.

Guest Leelee

Just to show that I'm the worst person at arguing, I really wish godthedog would use capitalization in his sentences!

Guest cosbywasmurdered

Remember when Godthedog made ALina go insane? That was pretty great.

Guest Leelee

He hardly did... to be honest, I thought he was the usual dumbass here with his typing style.

But, we all get along now, Dave!

Guest Fishyswa

Wow, some people are easy to impress. I'll be fancy just for everyone who needs the color-coding....

you, like mikeSC before you, argue about the wrong things. you seem to lack the basic ability to grasp what's important and what isn't.

Especially when what's important is "you're wrong, I'm right". What's important is the point trying to be made. Show me where I distance myself from a basic point once, and not in response to someone else who did, because that's just the nature of killing time on a message board.

you look for tiny things to disagree with and disagree with them into oblivion, always repeating yourself when someone else tries to make another point about it.

This is where it get's funny. They make a point, and then I do what? Shut up? Concede? Am I wrong just because you see them as being right and me as being wrong? What does it boil down to? If they respond with something that shows they're oblivious to MY point, what else should I do but repeat it until it's clear?

people make fun of matt young for posting 36487364939 pictures of his girlfriend. you respond, IT SAYS POST PICTURES OF YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER, IF I MISSED THE PART WHERE IT SAID 'ONLY POST ONE PICTURE' THEN NEVER MENTION THEM AGAIN.

people respond in turn that what matters is that he kept posting pictures long after making his point, becoming ridiculous and self-important.

And the point was, he still wasn't doing anything other than what the thread asked. If someone had a problem with that, they should of just left the thread, or said "dude it's getting lame" and the end of it. His faults aren't justification for anyone else's.

you respond, "IT SAYS POST PICTURES OF YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER, I MISSED THE PART WHERE IT SAID 'ONLY POST ONE PICTURE THEN NEVER MENTION THEM AGAIN.

they, in turn, repeat themselves, because you haven't really responded to what they said. you repeat yourself, because that's what you do.

Yes, I reiterate a point when someone misses it. Sorry. Next time I'll just ask you whether I'm wrong or right and go from there....

you know why you missed that part about only posting one picture?

BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO GRASP OF WHAT'S IMPORTANT ABOUT A SITUATION AND WHAT ISN'T.

So I missed a thread description, that wasn't there, because I don't know what's important in a situation? Repeat that to yourself real quick.... One more time.... does it sound anything like a good point yet? Didn't think so.

you have the cognitive skills of a ferret that's just been hit on the head with a sack of quarters.

What a worthless analogy. I can't tell if you were trying to sound intelligent or funny but you failed on both ends.

your disagreements are too literal, unimportant, and inane.

According to you. All you've shown so far is that I repeat myself when someone misses a point. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back....

this is why arguing with mikeSC was always so frustrating. he lacked the understanding of any other argument beyond its literal content, so he would just repeat the same objections with different words. he lacked perspective, the ability to separate what matters from what doesn't.

Worthless analogies and 4-5 comparisons to MikeSC are what matters? I'm sorry but I'm having trouble taking you seriously. Show me where I abandoned points, show me where I was directly countered and repeated myself, show me anything.

this is why you will never be able to grasp why what matt young did was stupid.

He did nothing against the rules or against common sense, he posted pictures of a girlfriend in a thread called "post pictures of your significant other". Someone else deciding it's annoying and self-righteous doesn't take away from the fact that he did nothing wrong, and what followed was beyond unneccesary and stupid.

i'll give you an analogy:

Yeah, because the first one really deserved a sequel.

once there was an insane man who escaped from an institution. this insane man knew that he had no grasp of reality, but he didn't want anyone on the street to find out that he was insane, so he devised a plan. he knew it was irrefutably true that 2+2=4, that nobody could ever think he was wrong if he said it. so he put a coin in his pocket, and every time he felt the coin hit his leg when he walked, he would yell out "2+2=4!" because it was irrefutably true, because nobody could ever think he was wrong if he said it, and so people would think he wasn't insane.

I'm glad it's not a trilogy....

i have no doubt that you'll reply with something like "i don't see how that refutes what i'm saying at all." but that's the point.

Man what a great qualifier. "I've proved nothing so I'll make a 'bold' prediction and say your next post will disagree with me, just so it seems like I'm right somewhere in there." Just genius...

because you are stupid.

You don't strike me as a great judge of what's stupid and what's not. For someone who was ready to make a collection of all my stupid posts, I'm amazed you've yet to come up with 1.

Guest Leelee

The pictures weren't the problem, IMO... well, except for the hands one, geez Matt! :P

It was more his comments about how he's smarter than 95% of the world, and slightly overexaggerating Melissa's attractiveness.

Guest Fishyswa

"godthedog is throwing sliders and curves while Fishyswa seems to be playing slow-toss softball."

And you are?....some fat kid in the stands who can't really see what's happening on the field but yells at the players like he's standing next to the ump anyway? I guess that makes sense.

Guest Fishyswa

Don't hate yourself, just hate the crap you produce. That way you stand a chance at bettering yourself.

Guest Fishyswa

ABOBO I can make you a #1 fan avatar if you want. That way you can have an excuse for trolling me.