TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

Ever Wonder How Scripted The Shows Are Now?

Yea that's true. But 30% paid? Three weeks of notice doesn't excuse 30% paid I don't think. Guess it's not totally awful though.

Couldn't that refer to the set taking up 30% of the arena's floor space/seats, not to the gate itself? Especially since this script was obviously made BEFORE the show (before they could know the attendance).

Guest Hass of Pain

Yeah, the 30% refers to the percentage of the arena filled. WWE likes to run 15,000-18,000 seat arenas, partially because their set is so big. The 30% would be around 4,500-5,500 tickets sold, which is about the norm these days sadly.

Guest netslob

wow, this is sad. i'm surprised that even Vince's lines are scripted out. i guess anything CAN happen in the WWE...but only if they write it out a week in advance.

Guest clockworkraven

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but the word 'ballyhoo' and the action, the drama, and the humor of the WWE have made my day. Also 'humorously denigrate'.

And putting Show over as a giant is scripted. Who'd have thought.

Obviously they don't recite this like open mic night.  I haven't heard Shawn Michaels say "ass" in a long time...

I'm pretty sure guys like HHH and HBK are allowed to go off script and ramble for hours if they want. I refuse to believe someone actually scripted the 30 minute HHH rants we used to have to sit through.

That awesome HBK promo in Montreal this year couldn't have been planned out fully. Some things he needed to say but things like HBK reacting to the crowd and shit, that is just HBK being good in improvising.