TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

SHIMMER RESULTS

Show #1

Dark Match

Jimmy Jacobs won a Come As You Are Men's Royal Rumble(Aries, Shellye, Claudio, Delirious, Trik Davis, Danny Daniels, Brad Bradley, Sydal, Dan Lawrence, Bryce Benjamin, Jacobs), Fun match. (EDIT: "It was a fun little match, it wasn't meant to mean anything. Claudio did a European Elbow with a pillow for example. Aries came out to the match from the restroom zipping his pants up".)

From what I heard the announcer would count down the entries every 30 seconds and make a BUZZ sound when it was time to come out. Aries came out with TP on his shoe, and ran back to the bathroom after being eliminated. Jacobs won when he was the last entry and everyone else was already eliminated.

Match 1 - Shantelle Taylor def. Tiana Ringer. Just heard her announced as winner & didn't get to see anything but the last seconds of the match

Match 2 - Team Blondage def. Cindy Rogers & Nikki Roxx with a roll-up and help from other partner outside of the ring holding her hand for leverage. Not sure which one got the pin (they both look alike to me, as do Lacey & Rain). Also, it may have been the lights, but Nikki Roxx looked almost like an albino with her white-ish blonde hair and extremely white skin. And I thought I don't get outside enough. Anyways, decent match but nothing special. I was a little disappointed at this point, but that was about to change with the next match

Match 3 - Ariel def. Rain with a Diamond-Cutter like move. Lots of stiff chops (esp. from Ariel) in this one. Very good match, 2nd or 3rd best of the night.

Match 4 - Lexie Fyfe def. Christie Ricci. Missed the start as I was in the washroom. Solid match overall with some stiff offense from Fyfe.

Match 5 - MsChif def Cheerleader Melissa. Lots of stiff action in this one with some unique holds by Melissa. She had MsChif trapped in some kind of Bow & Arrow type submission move, with MsChif down on the mat, and pulled MsChif's leg back far enough that she was able to hit her on the head with her own boot!!! AMAZING!!! Also, Melissa put her in a stretch move on the outside on the guardrail. Mschif's back was bent across the guardrail for about a minute or more & this looked sick!!! In one of the very few high-risk moves of the night, MsChif slightly botched a springboard moonsault off the second rope when she almost slipped through the ropes, regained her balance, did the moonsault & caught Melissa in the head with her knee. 2nd or 3rd best match of the night.

Match 6 - Allison Danger def. Beth Phoenix. Some comedy spots in this one. I didn't even know it was Danger until she was introduced as she looks & acts totally different than in ROH, more of a fun babyface. Decent match.

Match 7 - Sara Del Ray vs. Mercedes Martinez went to a 20 min. draw. They shook hands & hugged after the match. MUST SEE / MATCH OF THE NIGHT...nuff said.

Match 8 - Daizee Haze def. Lacey. Another solid match. Crowd seemed split as some fans booed Daizee obviously because of her turn on Gen-Next the night before. She was playing the babyface & was slapping the hands of the fans at ringside until someone yelled "You screwed Matt". She just looked at him, with a dumbfounded look, and replied "Who?". Funny. Because of the split crowd you had people chanting both "DAIZEE" & "LACEY" at the same time, making it impossible to tell who was getting the most chants as they both sound the same.

Intermission

Show # 2

Match 1 - Cindy Rogers def. Krissy Vaine. Chants for Rogers "We Love Buns". She even did a BUTT bump & a corner BUTT splash for the fans during the match. Decent match, nothing special.

Match 2 - Nikki Roxx def. Lexie Fyfe. Good match but some jackoff in the crowd kept yelling out smart-ass comments about Fyfe's big BUTT like "Thunderthighs" and "Your ass looks like a waterbed" plus more. While funny at first, it started to annoy me & others as he yelled out more fat comments her way & it pretty much ruined the match for me. I hope they can edit his stupid-ass comments from the DVD so he won't get any more of the attention he so desperately wanted to attain.

Match 3 - Christie Ricci def. Amber O'Neal. Ok match. The same jackoff kept yelling through this one calling O'Neal "Paris Hilton wannabe" & she replied "Paris Hilton wants to be me". He finally shut up after yelling out one more stupid comment "Amber, does the rug match the curtains?". O'Neal had a temper tantrum after the loss.

Match 4 - Cheerleader Melissa & Tiana Ringer def. Shantelle Taylor & Ariel. Very good match as Ariel & Cheerleader Melissa are awesome again. Another rare high-risk spot as Shantelle & Ariel do a double superplex on Ringer as Melissa powerbombs both of them off the 2nd rope.

Match 5 - Allison Danger def. Rain. Crowd was mostly behind Rain in this one. A good match with some excellent submission moves by Rain. Rain was limping after the match & the ref was helping her then eventually he just picked her up & carried her away in his arms....awwwww, how sweet.

Match 6 - Beth Phoenix def. MsChif. Phoenix does some comedy spots as she is afraid to get in the ring with MsChif at first. She even goes to ringside and asks some guys to protect her from MsChif. I tried to start a "MsChif's gonna kill you" chant, but it was almost impossible getting chants started in this crowd. Only clapping seemed to be catching on. Decent match, but not nearly as good as Mschif's match against Melissa earlier. Phoenix did lay some nasty chops on MsChif just below her throat area.

Match 7 - Lacey vs. Daizee Haze vs. Sara Del Ray vs. Mercedes Martinez.

Lacey was eliminated first, can't remember who got the pin.

Daizee Haze def. Mercedes Martinez

Sara Del Ray def. Daizee Haze

Sara Del Ray was the winner of the four-way elimination match.

The battle royal was brilliant in it's absurdity. The pillowshots, Austin Aries emrging from the bathroom to enter, gets thrown out Alex Shelley ( I think) and then runs right back into the bathroom (Nothing says FIGHTING SPIRIT like cutting a dump short to get in a match). Despite being "come as you are" Delirious managed to be the only one in full ring gear and he brought the pillow and a blanket with him. So, I assume that D is always ready for a match since it was 4:00 in the afternoon and he's in ring wear.Claudio throwing European uppercuts with the pillow on his arm. he also managed to curl up in the corner with them and try to doze off.

as for the actual show.......really really good. Mercedes vs Sara was very good.MsChif vs Melissa .....Daizee vs Lacey........the 4 way elimination..........Allison Danger playing the face ( I had never seen that before) vs Rain.......Ariel vs Rain.......

They annouced the first dvds would be out in December.

Guest daveprazak

Jill McKee's posed photos from the 11/6 SHIMMER taping are now on the web.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex...=1&showall=true

Mary-Kate Grosso's pics from the 11/5 ROH Chicago Ridge, IL show with the Lacey vs. Sara Del Rey SHIMMER dark match are now up.

http://www.frozen-soul.org/ROHPhotos/4imag....php?cat_id=103

The 11/6 SHIMMER taping gallery is next on her agenda. We'll post the link when they're up.

The Lacey/Del Rey match from 11/5 will be included as a bonus match on the SHIMMER Volume 1 release, which is going to wind up being a double disc set. Look for Volume 1 to be out in December.

Here are a few previews of pics courtesy of http://www.slamminladies.com/ from Sara's 11/6 matches. They are continually adding more photos to their SHIMMER gallery, so keep checking that site during the coming weeks...

ex33.jpg

ex44.jpg

ex8.jpg

ex9.jpg

ex6.jpg

ex25.jpg

ex43.jpg

http://shimmerwrestling.proboards50.com/

Guest JohnnySwift

I had the opportunity to work on a show with Mercedes recently. She's a phenominal wrestler as well as an awesome person, very humble.

I wonder if Shantelle Taylor is the Shantelle that has been working BCW shows this year. I enjoyed her work.

Edit: Quick research says "probably" (I found a picture on some website called "Ladysports" (first google result) of someone wearing a small pink outfit, which is what she wore in BCW).

Guest daveprazak

The commentary is complete and the final editing will be done this week. SHIMMER Volume One will be out as soon as possible... we're hoping to have it released during late December if things go as planned. We'll certainly keep everybody posted. I'm VERY happy with the quality of the product on camera.

Volume One will not only feature the eight matches taped on 11/6 in their entirety, but will also include bonus footage such as the 11/5 ROH Chicago Ridge, IL match between Sara Del Rey and Lacey, and an alternate floor camera angle of the entire Del Rey vs. Martinez match from earlier in the DVD... just because people seemed to love that match and it's a nice touch to offer an alternate camera's take of the whole thing as a bonus.

The below is copied from Allison Danger's livejournal http://www.livejournal.com/users/allisondanger/...

[01 Dec 2005|12:06am]

[ mood | full ]

[ music | Prazak and Leonard doing their thing. ]

Hmm what a crazy life I lead I must say. Right now I am chilling in the production room in Tampa killing time while ROH commentary is being done. In a few hours it will be time to SHIMMER! You guys have been waiting for it and tonight we take a huge step towards getting it to you all at home. It feels good to be teamed up again with my old partner Dave Prazak.

So the holidays have passed and I imagine life for most of us has returned to normal. My holiday was great, thanks to great family, good friends and yes, the folks at US Air. And here begins my rant....you should probably ear muff the kids as this won't be pretty. Thursday morning finds me at the Philadelphia airport on two hours sleep but hyped to be heading to my folks' place in NC. Got through security relatively quick so I had a nice little wait at my gate, no big deal. On the plane, which was a bit crowded and super hot but eh, no big deal, I fell asleep before we even leave the gate. Which is interesting as apparently we sat on the runway for an hour. Now we are going into "could be a big deal territory". So I land safely in Charlotte to discover that my connection had already started boarding fifteen minutes prior. Uh oh. And the gate I am at now is clear on the opposite side of the airport in which my connection is at. Big uh oh. So I ask the flight attendant what are our chances of making this flight. She says to help those in a time crunch they will announce to the rest of the flight to please stay seated until we get off the plane to increase our chances of making it. Sweet, thanks stewardess lady. They make the announcement, things are cool. Then it is time to get off and up stands this pig of a woman who decides to block the entire path on my side of the plane. I ask her to please let me through as I am rushed to make this flight. Her response? "No. They will hold your flight for you". Ummm yeah that is not what the flight attendant said. So I ask again and again she refuses to move her fat ass. Now I am pissed. As she blocks our pass for NO reason other than she is a heinous oxygen theif the stewardess announces that we have no chance of making our flight and we will be moved to the next available flight which is five hours later (and will cost me the holiday with my parents). I am ready to kill, Tracy Smothers style. I am boiling mad and the lady actually turns to me, laughs and says "Oh well, at least they are holding my plane". You f**king piece of nuts.

Now I am going to digress for a second and give you a little insight to Allison Danger and airports. With the exception of one recent event (which had it not been for my better half I would have easily ended up in jail for calling a cop a thingysucker. I don't recommend this method of handling a Philadelphia airport cop. Most are cool but there are a few that are on a ridiculous power trip-that is a story for another day. But for the record, I was right, he was wrong and he was/is a thingysucker.) I am a patient airport person. In fact, they should use me in airport security training videos. I don't complain about long lines, I always show up early, I am patient and kind to airport employees and never, ever complain about going through security. Hell, security in Hawaii called me the model traveller for my easy going manner. But this lady trying to ruin my holiday sent me through the roof.

So I finally get past supersleeper fatass McGee and run straight to Special Services. Here is where things start going my way. I explain the situation to the lady, who understands what I was going through. She grabs her walkie talkie and then tells me to hop on the cart. Alright! She tells me they haven't closed the doors yet so she was going to race me across the airport to the terminal in hopes of getting me on that plane. I must admit that riding on that cart, red faced with anger and wearing a monkey hat, was a bit embarrassing but f**k it, I need to get to Thanksgiving. Two carts later (there were stairs between the gates) and I make it literally with a minute to spare. They had ended up holding the plane just a few more minutes. About half of us from the first flight made it but thanks to Captain Fatass several people did miss our flight.

So my reason for venting all this on here? Mostly to get it off my chest but deep down I do kinda hope she has a kid who is a wrestling fan. So that kid can show her what a piece of nuts I think she is.

In the end though I had a great holiday with my parents, a few good days off to spend time with family and my dogs, cats and birds. And on my return flight, I got bumped into first class at my connection because we missed our original flight by about an hour. At least it was to rain and not some bitter pregnant dog who delights in making those around her as miserable as she must be on the inside.

Time to Shimmer...

Guest Happy Go Nowhere

Any chance this will be turning up on 1 Up Games anytime?

Ordering stuff from America is just like...eew.