TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Eddie Guerrero quote from 2003.

There was quote Eddie said in an in-ring promo once in late 2003 on Smackdown (I think around the time he and Chavo started to feud) and I was just curious if anyone remembers what it was word for word. It went like this:

""The character of a man isn't determined when he's on top, but it's determined on how he picks himself up when he's at the bottom."

Guest Ransome

A google search came up with this in someone's sig on a message board:

"The character of a man is judged not by how he acts when he is on top. It's by how he picks himself up when he is knocked down!" - Eddie Guerrero

EDIT: A further search shows it was from the October 30th 2003 SD, directly after Eddie lost both the tag titles and US title. The quote was, Eddie explains, told to him by his father (Gory).

There was quote Eddie said in an in-ring promo once in late 2003 on Smackdown (I think around the time he and Chavo started to feud) and I was just curious if anyone remembers what it was word for word. It went like this:

""The character of a man isn't determined when he's on top, but it's determined on how he picks himself up when he's at the bottom."

It's in my sig...I wrote it down that night because I wanted to remember it.