TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
caboose

My fucking monitor has got a blue tint.

...Earlier today my monitor developed a blue tint. So anything white now appears a weird aqua blue.

All I could find on the net was to reinstall drivers for the monitor and graphics card, which I did, and it did nothing.

The blueness flickers and goes away for a short time before returning.

Its just flickered twice during me typing this.

Anyone got any ideas?

My monitor gets a hue to it every now and then and is in direct correlation to the wires on the back of the computer tower. When I move the tower a little, it moves the wires a little, and the hue changes back. It could be something as simple as that. I dunno, though.

Guest T®ITEC

My monitor did this all the time just before it broke completely. Uh, how old is yours?

Guest Leelee

Could be on the verge of death...

Although, make sure there's no magnetic stuff near the monitor. When I was fiddling around with hard drives around it a couple days ago, I got a piss-colored tint, that went back to normal when I moved it.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm almost positive it's that one of the pins in the monitor cable broke (check the connection on the back of your PC and see for yourself). I had this exact same problem last year, with the addition that anything red or of a reddish nature just showed up as black space on my monitor. It wasn't until I got a new monitor with obviously a new cable that the problem was fixed. Just be careful of the connections in the back and what may or may not be there possibly obstructing it.

DING DING DING, we have a winner.

Yeah, I started swapping between all the monitors and graphics cards in the house, and the blue tint only reared its ugly aqua blue face when my monitor was plugged in. The pins don't actually appear damaged but the problem is my monitor. I've been looking to upgrade anyway so god has shown me the light or blue light as it wer, and I HAVE BEEN SET FREE....