TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Thread Killer

TNA News

- Bound For Glory recorded approximately 35,000 pay per view buys, which is similar to what TNA PPVs were doing early on in the Fox Sports Net run.

- The 11/13 Genesis PPV, which aired the same night Eddie Guerrero died, got between 15 and 20,000.

- The latest rumor is that Spike TV will be moving iMPACT! to Thursday nights within six months, paired with the Tito Ortiz/Ken Shamrock season of The Ultimate Fighter.

- Sean Waltman is strongly rumored to be coming back in.

"Borrowed" from Inside Pulse who borrowed it from The Observer.

Guest Coffey

I have no problems with Waltman coming back in. Yeah, he's flaky and unreliable but it's not like TNA are going to slap a title on him anytime soon. He's a decent enough worker and was actually doing quite well for himself for awhile. His House of Fun match with Raven was pretty good.

TNA moving to Thursday huh? Hmm, well, I guess if it's not Thursday at 11pm it won't be bad.

I don't care about the PPV numbers.

TNA moving to Thursday huh? Hmm, well, I guess if it's not Thursday at 11pm it won't be bad.

It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up giving them the hour they gave them for the December special (10-11), which while still not ideal, is still probably better than Saturday at 11 for TNA's (and Spike's) desired audience. And the fact that the BFG buyrate went up to the earlier levels is good because I remember reading that they went down as Dusty's tenure wore on. The fact that Genesis drew about half kinda makes sense, since it wasn't promoted as the BIG show like BFG was, didn't have a particularly strong line-up and had a really short build (3 weeks I think). With the hour format they have now, they should never schedule PPV less than 4 weeks apart, unless they absolutely have to. But yeah, no bad news there.

And I dig Waltman coming back too. He had a nice little run there this summer (much better than anything he'd done in TNA since he first appeared when they doing weekly PPVs). Once they figured out that he's one guy people won't pop for just because they know him (unlike everyone else they've brought in) and smartly booked him as a heel, he was pretty damn entertaining. And he's a recognizable name who's willing to put people over for the most part (he put AJ over pretty strongly this summer and in 2002). He's what TNA needs pretty much. I view him like a Sabu. You don't build around the guy, but having him around doesn't hurt either. At least when he's out there, people coming across the program don't go "who the hell is that" and may actually stay long enough to see what he's doing...which is half the battle. Just my two cents though...

Waltman surprised me in his match with Raven in the summer. I really enjoyed it. If he's back, I just hope he doesn't bail or cost too much.

I think Thursday nights would be cool...better than Saturday nights for most people I know, including myself.

Guest RadioBurning
Waltman surprised me in his match with Raven in the summer. I really enjoyed it. If he's back, I just hope he doesn't bail or cost too much.

I think Thursday nights would be cool...better than Saturday nights for most people I know, including myself.

Watching Smackdown! was a a habit for me until the move, and I haven't been able to catch it since. As I prefer to be out Fridays and Saturdays, I usually miss or all-out forget Impact unless I make a concious effort, so moving to Thursdays would certainly get me to watch more often.

Guest Mike
- Bound For Glory recorded approximately 35,000 pay per view buys, which is similar to what TNA PPVs were doing early on in the Fox Sports Net run.

- The 11/13 Genesis PPV, which aired the same night Eddie Guerrero died, got between 15 and 20,000.

- The latest rumor is that Spike TV will be moving iMPACT! to Thursday nights within six months, paired with the Tito Ortiz/Ken Shamrock season of The Ultimate Fighter.

20,000 Buyrate drop, yeah things are looking good for TNA. Impact will still pull at .9 at best, not matter the day, until their product doesn't suck. Bring back the washed up druggie, great idea.

-=Mike

20,000 Buyrate drop, yeah things are looking good for TNA. Impact will still pull at .9 at best, not matter the day, until their product doesn't suck. Bring back the washed up druggie, great idea.

-=Mike

You're back? Ugh.

I much prefer Waltman over Jeff Hardy.

Thursdays should be alot better, especially if its on at 10pm. I just never think to put it on late Sat night...lately I've been asleep before it comes on.