TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

The triple boycott

bps21 has been rambling about how he is going to boycott every PPV /w HHH main eventing. I say that's a good idea.....so who else is in?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I am.

Oh I already said that.

The only things that can break my boycott is if Benoit or RVD have the chance to win their first WWE title...

...you know...on the off chance that HHH would put them over.

Guest Youth N Asia

The Rumble was my last ppv...it was a shitty show...then after it they raise the ppvs to $35...

If the product was getting better I could handle the extra $5...but that's just not the case

Guest Shaved Bear

for those who have it god bless illegal cable

personally i invite a bunch of marks to my place with 5 dolar enterance for all the food and beer you want, i spend about 40 on snacks and ten people come, so i make profit off ppvs

So, you are basicly profiting off of HHH? YOU FIEND! Well, if you have people who will subject themselves to that, well, might as well make a bit of cash in the meantime.

Guest Shaved Bear

well if i can make money off PPVs im better than the WcW in its latter days

and my bro is a huge triple h mark

and his friend is a jericho mark and all around smark, it leads for good convos

Guest Dangerous A

I boycott any ppv where the company fails to build a decent storyline around the main event or when the people in the main event can't go main event style. I usually go to a friend's place and chip in $5.00, but since the new year, I've decided that $5.00 could be used for something more valuable like taco bell or corona.

Guest Anglesault
I boycott any ppv where the company fails to build a decent storyline around the main event or when the people in the main event can't go main event style.

So in other words, another person joining the Triple Boycott!

Guest Dangerous A

Correct, but I'm in the same boat as Bps in that if there was a good program featuring HHH vs Benoit or HHH vs Edge with the hope of elevation, I would give my $5.00.

Guest Will Scarlet

Well, I have not ordered a PPV in awhile, and I do not plan to start, so I guess I am technically in as well.

Guest J*ingus

Best.  Quote.  Ever.  

As for the boycott, I've never bought a PPV in my life, and don't intend to start now.  When I do go watch one, I usually just drop in at the local Hooters, so that all I pay for is the beer & food and I watch the show (and the girls) for free.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Eh, I get free PPV, so I haven't paid for a single show since WM 2000. Most of the time, however, I'll go to Hooters and chill with some friends and watch the shows.

Guest the pinjockey

I will join unless on the undercard is something on the level of Jericho/Benoit in either a HIAC or an Ironman match.

Guest Shaved Bear

Best.  Quote.  Ever.  

yay someone thinks im quotable

Guest The Vanilla Midget

im in bps!!! let the HHHate run wild!

although i too will forgo the boycott if there is something kickass in the undercard, or one of my faves is in the ME.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Since the dvds come out like 6 weeks after the ppv...I can wait to see the midcard...or if its REALLY good...I'll go to Hooters.

Guest caboose

I would boycott them, but over here in England, I get them for free, so I'll watch them.

But dammit when I move to Canada, I'll boycott any show with Triple H in the ME.

Guest dreamer420

go ahead and boycott.  I hope you miss a ton of great matches

It's always funny to see people get themselves worked up over something so insignificant.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I'm in on the boycott. I've already been boycotting Smackdown! for the last month.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Well I wouldn't miss tonights Smackdown.  I didn't.

Guest Brian

Why boycott the good shows when it looks like they're trying to make improvements?

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Why boycott the good shows when it looks like they're trying to make improvements?

well I started boycotting when it was all hogan and vince the pervert shit. since than i've actually started doing stuff on Thursday nights, but I might watch Smackdon! tonight. at least the last half hour with the cage match.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I watch the shows but Fuck ordering another ppv with a shitty main event.

They can improve the midcard and the shows...but until they improve the way the ppvs end...fuck them.

Judgment Day was a pretty decent ppv...too bad it had to end with such a down note...see also Backlash...and most likely KOTR...and to a lesser extent WrestleMania (especially crowd heat wise).

Guest Anglesault
go ahead and boycott.  I hope you miss a ton of great matches

Whose

Well, I guess putting HHH in the main event is an improvement over... Hold on, I'll get back to you on that one.

Guest Ash Ketchum

I'm only in on this because HHH is the WWE's Goldberg right now.

Remember when they tried to change Goldberg in WCW and make him a heel?

I know... please don't remind you all... but isn't this oddly similar in one aspect?

Guest The Man in Blak

'Cause you can't be a belligerent fanatic without ranting and screaming when things are bad and then slooooowly crawling back just in time to say that things are good and that you were the first to say so.

Not to go into an anti-smark rant or anything, but check your IWC Merit Badge requirements - that's what people do around here.  I wholeheartedly agree with not watching if you don't like it, but it's not like you have to make a fucking drama out of it.

I could pimp myself as been HaRdCoRe '1337 wrasslin' fan 'cause I haven't watched a PPV live since WM X-Seven.  I guess that means that, technically, I've "boycotted" through the WCW inVasion getting shafted, the Kiss My Ass club, Triple H coming back, and Hogan getting shoved into the main event.  So I guess "bow the fuck down" or whatever, but I'm not going to dedicate an entire thread to it.

Get a fucking grip.

In all honesty, if you want to do a true boycott, then I  think none of you should say a damn word about King of the Ring 2002 from here on out.  

Total silence before-hand - you want to pretend it isn't happening, then pretend it isn't happening.  Shut the fuck up and go play Mouse Trap or something.  

After it happens, just move on - you've made your statement.

But that's probably too much to ask, now isn't it?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

*reads Man In Blaks post*

*thinks*

No...you shut up.