TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

"gang warz~!"

OK, I think I have the basis of the 1997 'atrocity': Faarooq's original NOD was him, Crush, and Savio (and some other guys?). Crush and Savio somehow break away and form their own 'gangs': Crush and his DOA and Savio and Los Boricuas. Questions: Why did Crush & Savio leave? Who was in the DOA and Boricuas? How did this thrilling chapter in WWF history end? Thanks.

The Truth Commission:

Kurrgan the Interrogator, Recon, Sniper, The Commandant, Tank & Jackyl (Mgr.)

Disciple of Apocalypse:

Chainz, Crush, 8-Ball, Skull & Paul Ellering (Mgr.)

Los Boricuas ('97-'98):

Savio Vega, Miguel Perez, Jose Estrada & Jesus Castillo

The Nation of Domination ('97-'98):

Farooq, Rocky Maivia, Kama Mustafa, Mark Henry, D-Lo Brown, Owen Hart, Ahmed Johnson, Savio Vega, J.C. Ice, Wolfie-D, Crush & Clarence Mason (Mgr.)

Guest Tod deKindes

It all kinda just drifted away.

The Boricuas were slowly phased out, Savio went out with injury.

Crush left the WWF after a Kane attack, Chainz was also phased out. Skull and 8-Ball remained as a tag team before eventually leaving for WCW.

The Truth Commission kinda just fizzled away. Recon and Sniper went into a failed solo tag team schtick, Tank went on to become Golga, Jackyl and Kurrgan went their own way.

The Nation is the longest surviving faction of the bunch, getting through Gang Warz and ending up in a feud with DX. With Kama's transformation into the Godfather, Rocky's rise to fame and Owen Hart's "retirment", D-Lo Brown and Mark Henry were the last two remaining members.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
Questions: Why did Crush & Savio leave?

I'm guessing that you mean why they left the NOD. Faarooq fired them on RAW and introduced D'Lo and Kama as the only ones to stick around. Later on in 97, Ahmed Johnson turned on Undertaker on RAW to join them and then Rock got on-board later on.

How did this thrilling chapter in WWF history end?

DOA got into the DX/LOD feud and subsquently disappeared after starting a feud with the LOD in 98.

The Boriquas jumped Steve Austin a few times on RAW and at the Rumble when they were hired by DX(?) and after Savio's injury, they just disappeared.

The Nation lasted until Breakdown 98 when Godfather separated himself from the group and Henry/D'Lo were the last members.

Guest papacita
I'm guessing that you mean why they left the NOD. Faarooq fired them on RAW and introduced D'Lo and Kama as the only ones to stick around. Later on in 97, Ahmed Johnson turned on Undertaker on RAW to join them and then Rock got on-board later on.

Pretty much all right, except that Kama wasn't asked the stick around. When he fired Crush and Savio, he promised that the next week he was gonna introduce a bigger, badder and blacker Nation, and that Ahmed and Taker were gonna be the 1st ones to feel its wrath. So they had a tag match, Faarooq introduced Kama as his Tag Partner, Undertaker got his ass kicked and pretty much jobbed cleanly (surprisingly), and after the match Ahmed ran in, gave him the Pearl River Plunge and joined the Nation. He was kicked out after his injury, and the Rock joined soon after...

As for the Boricuas, they worked as DX's hired henchmen against Owen Hart and some other guys (which explains why Savio was the alternate at No Way Out when HBK got injured). I also remember the group splitting just before Wrestlemania XIV when Savio and someone (Miguel Perez, I think) teamed up to enter the tag team battle royal and the other two did the same. Most of this stuff happened on Shotgun and stuff like that and never really got played out as a major angle. The group just dropped shortly after that when Savio and one of the other Boricuas got injured.

Guest the 1inch punch
Tank went on to become Golga

No, Golga was John Tenta, aka Earthquake/Shark

Guest Risk

I do remember Edge injuring Miguel Perez in his first match.  I remember thinking it was very cool.  I miss THAT Edge...

Guest papacita
I do remember Edge injuring Miguel Perez in his first match.  I remember thinking it was very cool.  I miss THAT Edge...

Was that a legit injury? Because I laughed my ass off when it happened...I'm sorry but that looked so damn funny.

Guest Tod deKindes
No, Golga was John Tenta, aka Earthquake/Shark

Um, yeah, so? Doesn't change the fact that John Tenta was in the first incarnation of the Truth Commission as the fat guy with the mask. He did one or two appearances and then went on to become Golga...whom was yet another fat guy in a mask.

Just by the way he moves, it was easy to tell it was him.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
Was that a legit injury? Because I laughed my ass off when it happened...I'm sorry but that looked so damn funny.

Yeah, Edge fucked Miguel up pretty badly. So much in fact, I don't even remember Perez ever having another match after that.

Guest dreamer420
Tank was Mantaur, another fat-ass.

who was mantaur?  I was watching the 95 royal rumble last night and he was in it.  he wore the ugliest ring gear I have ever seen.

Guest Mark4steamboat

I  read that he was Makhan Singh but i doubt that to be true.

Guest Mark4steamboat

Wait Makhan Singh was friar ferguson so i doubt he was Mantaur as well.

Mantaur is Bruiser Mastino from WCW, a.k.a. P.N. News's lil' brudder. He wore a cow head on his head.

Makhan Singh was Bastion Booger.