TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

The hhh post

All right time to settle the score. It wont be once and for all but for a while now people have been real nitching about the game. Now I admit, I am not the biggest of fans of him as I use to be but thats no reason to flame him. Now lets get our *facts* straight.

*First off, no offense to the net, but everything you hear isnt always true. I have always been one to ponder if what pro wrestling would be like without all the net news. Would it be better? How do you know HHH is doing politics backstage? Was it announced on WWE.COM? Face it you dont know if HHH has any control back there. Sure he is dating Steph, but thats still no reason to think he has any more stroke backstage than the rest. I rest its the bookers fault for making Jericho seem weaker than he is and they should be blamed. Steph may have some part in it but I think Vince is smart and if he (ever) sees or saw something like that, he'd do something.

*I agree with the fact that HHH hasnt been at the top of his game like he use to be since his injury. Hes a little too careful now and thats one of the reasons I dont much care for the game. But face he does draw ratings, he can draw a crowd just as good as the next guy. Its funny too look back at 2000 and see all the great stuff he accomplished and to look now at what he is. The most hated man on the net as of right now. I agree the game does need to work on his game to regain some of that respect. Perhaps better opponents would work. Jericho is great but HHH may just need a high flyer like Eddie G or RVD, or one of technical greatness such as Lance Storm. HHH really needs something though and I agree that UT isn't it.

*No offense to anyone here but I see that no internet wrestling fan is happy unless they are unhappy. Seriously! Right now its HHH, before it was Austin not selling and being a baby, RVD doesnt get a title match. Come on, get over it. The pro wrestling entertainment world is not and never will be perfect and if you keep complaining about whats not or what is happening, you will never enjoy another show again. Right now I am happy as can be. RAW was the best its been (dare I say) all year. SD! finally sounds watchable again. You cant complain with that.

*How can anyone say (I have heard one) that UT/HHH at KOTR will be worse than UT/Hogan? Did anyone watch UT/HHH's match at WMX-7? It was surprisingly pretty damn good. I admit HHH/Hogan at Backlash was bad, terribly bad, but thats not all HHH's fault. I blame Hogan all the way for that one. HHH/Jericho HIAC wasnt MOTY but it wasn't Bossman/UT either, HHH won, get over it! The match was good for what it was and thats it. If UT/HHH at KOTR is no dq, i have a feeling it could be entertaining like it was before. RVD isnt getting a shot, hey dont complain, his time will come but for the time being enjoy the fact he is involved with three great wrestlers and could put on **** matches for the next 3 (at least) maybe 4 ppvs. People need to give it a rest and stop b--ching about every little thing. In January of this year it was.. oooh I cant wait for HHH to return and now people want him to reinjure himself. Now if by SummerSlam HHH has still not put on a stellar match, than flame the hell away. But dont blame HHH for bad booking, blame him for bad wrestling, and if I was to b*tch about HHH for something now, his lower wrestling quality is what I would complain about.All right time to settle the score. It wont be once and for all but for a while now people have been real nitching about the game. Now I admit, I am not the biggest of fans of him as I use to be but thats no reason to flame him. Now lets get our *facts* straight.

*First off, no offense to the net, but everything you hear isnt always true. I have always been one to ponder if what pro wrestling would be like without all the net news. Would it be better? How do you know HHH is doing politics backstage? Was it announced on WWE.COM? Face it you dont know if HHH has any control back there. Sure he is dating Steph, but thats still no reason to think he has any more stroke backstage than the rest. I rest its the bookers fault for making Jericho seem weaker than he is and they should be blamed. Steph may have some part in it but I think Vince is smart and if he (ever) sees or saw something like that, he'd do something.

*I agree with the fact that HHH hasnt been at the top of his game like he use to be since his injury. Hes a little too careful now and thats one of the reasons I dont much care for the game. Its funny too look back at 2000 and see all the great stuff he accomplished and to look now at what he is. The game does need to work on his game. Perhaps better opponents would work. Jericho is great but HHH may just need a high flyer like Eddie G or RVD, or one of technical greatness such as Lance Storm. HHH really needs something though and I agree that UT isn't it.

*No offense to anyone here but I see that no internet wrestling fan is happy unless they are unhappy. Seriously! Right now its HHH, before it was Austin not selling and being a baby, RVD doesnt get a title match. Come on, get over it. The pro wrestling entertainment world is not and never will be perfect and if you keep complaining about whats not or what is happening, you will never enjoy another show again. Right now I am happy as can be. RAW was the best its been (dare I say) all year. SD! finally sounds watchable again. You cant complain with that.

*How can anyone say (I have heard one) that UT/HHH at KOTR will be worse than UT/Hogan? Did anyone watch UT/HHH's match at WMX-7? It was surprisingly pretty damn good. I admit HHH/Hogan at Backlash was bad, terribly bad, but thats not all HHH's fault. I blame Hogan all the way for that one. HHH/Jericho HIAC wasnt MOTY but it wasn't Bossman/UT either, HHH won, get over it! The match was good for what it was and thats it. If UT/HHH at KOTR is no dq, i have a feeling it could be entertaining like it was before. RVD isnt getting a shot, hey dont complain, his time will come but for the time being enjoy the fact he is involved with three great wrestlers and could put on **** matches for the next 3 (at least) maybe 4 ppvs. People need to give it a rest and stop b--ching about every little thing. In January of this year it was.. oooh I cant wait for HHH to return and now people want him to reinjure himself. Now if by SummerSlam HHH has still not put on a stellar match, than flame the hell away. But dont blame HHH for bad booking, blame him for bad wrestling, and if I was to b*tch about HHH for something now, his lower wrestling quality is what I would complain about.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Not to be a dick because I do agree with you and all, but you pasted the material twice in your post.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Guest the pinjockey

Broken down into parts

1.  The bookers are to blame for making Jericho an errand boy, but to steal BPS's logic if HHH has enough stroke to bring an end to Brock's KO gimmick he has enough pull to say Let's give Jericho a real angle going into WM and therefore also has the pull to say well if I am getting the title match at KOR I need to beat someone and it just happened to be Jericho in the HIAC most commonly considered to be the big match to blowoff a fued.  Fuck the bookers and Fuck HHH on these counts.

2.  Chris Jericho dragged Hogan kicking and screaming to a watchable match and has been on the top of his game since WM and despite the constant squashes they do have a chemistry in the ring so if HHH can't have a great match with Jericho it ain't happening.  And HHH has not been proven to be a draw as a face and only became a draw as a heel after months and months of being the guy the top angles were built around, being shoved down everyone's throats, marrying the bosses daughter, and having a legend lay down for him in his last three big matches ever.  

3.  I do agree that a lot of people just bitch for the sake of bitching then there are some that actually care about the product and get really pissed off seeing it in this state.

4.  I actually watched WM 17 the other day and saw myself hitting FF through most of that match.  I did not like it much the first time I saw it and I can't watch it now.  And I don't think it is necessary to wait until SS to complain about him not having good matches.  He has been back for over 5 months, plenty of time to wear off ring rust, he has already won a RR, a WM main event, and appears to be on his way to a 2nd title reign already that is pretty ridiculous when he is not wrestling well and is not over enough to compensate.  And I was not really excited about HHH coming back to begin with.  I was more of the feeling that it would get them another ME to use, but there was no way I was looking for him to get the title anywhere in the near future.

Guest Dangerous A

"2.  Chris Jericho dragged Hogan kicking and screaming to a watchable match and has been on the top of his game since WM and despite the constant squashes they do have a chemistry in the ring so if HHH can't have a great match with Jericho it ain't happening.  And HHH has not been proven to be a draw as a face and only became a draw as a heel after months and months of being the guy the top angles were built around, being shoved down everyone's throats, marrying the bosses daughter, and having a legend lay down for him in his last three big matches ever."

Speak for yourself as far as the Jericho/Hogan match being watchable. Was Hogan/HHH a good match? Fuck no. But Jericho/Hogan was pretty fuckin bad. Not to flame you, but just because Jericho bumped for Hogan, that doesn't make it a watchable match. One man carrying another does not constitute watchable IMO. Wrestling is a 2 person violent dance and if only 1 person is working it looks like shit.

Since when has Jericho been squashed by HHH? Their HIAC match was a war. Their SD match went 15 minutes for a tv match that had Jericho winning and looking like HHH's equal. Where does the squash part come in? If having more wins than another person is a squash, than someone didn't give me the memo. Jericho, while  carrying HHH during WM, has not been made to look like a chumpstain during his matches with HHH.

I agree that HHH's face run here hasn't been all that, at first. He has been getting good pops since april (usually anywhere between top pop and third pop). Is he a draw? I don't think so. But then again, the real draw right now is Austin and Rock is off in Hollywood and may never be back. The rest of the roster is not a strong enough draw. Even Hogan. He can pop a crowd like no other, but he is not a draw. That is an illusion. Hell, Dusty Rhodes can pop a crowd, doesn't mean he can draw. I went to a house show shortly before Backlash that had a ME of Jericho vs HHH and the place was sold out and HHH had the best pop of the night. So if we are to judge a face draw by his pop, the HHH is good. If you are talking real draw, then that is up for debate because only Austin can be considered right now.

Guest the pinjockey

My definition of squash in this case is over the span of their entire two year running fued.  Not once in the fued did it look like Jericho was going to end up coming out on top.  They had good matches that were give and take but the fued as a whole was dominated by HHH.  He also had a habit of squashing Jericho during their promos as well.  How many promos did they have together where HHH wasn't giving a smart ass smirk while Jericho was talking.  And before you say that is part of his character he didn't do it when Edge did a promo with him a couple of weeks ago.  So how is Jericho supposed to be serious when HHH is smirking back at him.  

Winning every important match + not letting Jericho ever cut a big time promo seriously = the fued is a squash

Guest Dangerous A

I'll agree on the basis you were speaking from a feud point of view and not a match to match point of view. Thank you for clearing up.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I prefer to use the word "buried" Jericho so as to not cause confusion.